• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    This happened at a Giant Eagle grocery store where my brother's wife shops near Pittsburgh.

Pistol drops out of fanny pack, discharges and wounds two shoppers. Gun carrier is arrested.

1. guns can fall out, buy a good holster and belt.

2. gun do not need fingers to go bang.

3. gun carrying is serious business with going-to-jail consequences.

Be advised.

2 injured when gun falls out of man?s fanny pack at Giant... | www.wpxi.com

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    “Apparently when the gun fell out of the bag and onto the floor, it fell in such a way that the barrel hit the floor and somehow the gun went off, leaving the casing and round in the barrel of the gun,” the criminal complaint stated.

Hmmm,

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Are you sure they weren't arrested for carrying a fanny pack?

Have you been to Pittsburgh? Crimes against fashion are not crimes at all there.:D

“Apparently when the gun fell out of the bag and onto the floor, it fell in such a way that the barrel hit the floor and somehow the gun went off, leaving the casing and round in the barrel of the gun,” the criminal complaint stated.

Hmmm,

Steve Malloy called. He is listed as the government's expert witness.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I

Hmmm,

I would REALLY like to know kind of gun, this was .....

rsklar

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 4, 2011
    Breaking News: Sen. Dianne Feinstein has introduced legislation to outlaw Fanny Packs. When asked why she felt this would help the gun-control movement, Feinstein replied that she wants to "make sure nobody shoots themselves in the fanny"

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    Second Amendment or not, there's just some folks that shouldn't be carrying a firearm. :facepalm:

QFT

If you're going to carry in a fanny pack have it secured in some way so it doesn't just fall out, or buy one of the many that are meant for carry.

Or just don't wear a fanny pack at all.....

Also, aren't most newer guns drop safe? Was this an old gun or more irresponsibility by carrying a damaged pistol?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    So he didn't shoot them. That's good I guess.

The bullet hit the floor and pieces of what appeared to be ceramic tile from the floor hit two people, who were later identified as Ruth Preisser and Thomas Hornyak, grazing their legs, the criminal complaint stated.

“We are relieved to hear that the customers sustained only minor injuries, received first aid in the store and were able to complete their shopping before leaving the store,” Roberts told TribLIVE in a prepared statement.

so, they needed a bandaid? Assault... I dunno. Reckless assault? Sure. If they don't press charges for their minor abrasion do both of those charges go away?

According to the Northern Regional police chief, Gerry Good, 58, of Gibsonia, was wearing a fanny pack when he leaned over inside the store and his gun fell out and discharged around 2:45 p.m.

For a while I thought the police chief's gun did this. Dang commas and appositives.

TribLIVE reported that when officers arrived, Good immediately told them that it was his gun that fell out of a fanny pack and accidentally went off.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    Carrying a loaded gun really does require a good belt and holster. If you don't believe that then you just don't get it. (like this guy). A gun is not a cell phone. It's not supposed to be "convenient" or "comfortable". It is a gun. It is a dangerous object. Fail to realize that fact for a minute and people will be reading about you on a gun forum.

Last edited:

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Carrying a loaded gun really does require a good belt and holster. If you don't believe that then you just don't get it. (like this guy). A gun is not a cell phone. It's not supposed to be "convenient" or "comfortable". It is a gun. It is a dangerous object. Fail to realize that fact for a minute and people will be reading about you on a gun forum.

While I see your point I also disagree. I carry a firearm so I can conviently access it if the need should arise. I see no problem carrying a holstered firearm in a fanny pack if that is the only thing occupying that pouch. Other than a crime against fashion it is not a all or nothing issue.

It can be comfortable and safe if done right.

Last edited:

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    First comment, that news clip sucked. Two people were not shot. A negligent discharge from a pistol caused superficial wounds and scared them. I have been hit with bullet fragments off of steel targets or a rock while at the range. Doesn't mean I shot myself. That's why we were safety glasses.

Gun was in a fanny pack. What do you want to bet the fanny pack was not designed to carry a gun. I would also place odds that the gun was a cheap gun. There I said it. Gun was probably garbage.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    First comment, that news clip sucked. Two people were not shot. A negligent discharge from a pistol caused superficial wounds and scared them. I have been hit with bullet fragments off of steel targets or a rock while at the range. Doesn't mean I shot myself. That's why we were safety glasses.

Gun was in a fanny pack. What do you want to bet the fanny pack was not designed to carry a gun. I would also place odds that the gun was a cheap gun. There I said it. Gun was probably garbage.

I didn't even consider that.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Cheap fanny pack or not, was it even zipped up? I have tons of cheap fanny packs from when they were a rage and every business project gave them out as gifts, even the cheap ones will not open up by itself.

Top Bottom