• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • THE BIG SITT

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Cheap fanny pack or not, was it even zipped up? I have tons of cheap fanny packs from when they were a rage and every business project gave them out as gifts, even the cheap ones will not open up by itself.

You do know that any and everyone can see the things you post on the internet right?

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    So how many times has a Glock, M&P, XD, 5906, P226, CZ75B, HK USP, etc. discharged when dropped on the ground?

Webster-dl

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2014
    United States
    I dunno. Discharging when falling on its muzzle. I remember that 1911's had that problem...maybe still do. I freely admit I don't know.

But if he was trying to carry a full-size 1911 in a fanny pack...maybe that was the problem. Wrong fit of carrying device. If he had an LCP in there, maybe that would have come out differently?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I blame the anti-gunners for crap like this. Seriously, I do. This is what happens when you recognize a person's right to carry, yet deny any attempt at public education regarding proper carry. Kids in school learn about libel, slander and other legal aspects of the 1st Amendment, but any discussion of the Second is verboten. There are public service messages about drunk driving, driving while texting and others, but nothing about safe gun carry. We live in a time when non-gun people are recognizing the need to carry but have no idea the 4 rules even exist. This is the result.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I blame the anti-gunners for crap like this. Seriously, I do. This is what happens when you recognize a person's right to carry, yet deny any attempt at public education regarding proper carry. Kids in school learn about libel, slander and other legal aspects of the 1st Amendment, but any discussion of the Second is verboten. There are public service messages about drunk driving, driving while texting and others, but nothing about safe gun carry. We live in a time when non-gun people are recognizing the need to carry but have no idea the 4 rules even exist. This is the result.
    ^^^^THIS!!!!^^^^. When my son was in kindergarten, and the teachers had a lecture about the hazards of BB guns (their NOT toys, kids), my wife offered to loan them a copy of NRA's "eddie eagle" video. The response was "oh no, that's about REAL guns." PC stupidity.

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    I had a friend who decided to carry his Glock with an empty chamber after a negligent discharge. Like 'dirty harry' said: "a man's got to know his limitations"

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Would you support mandatory training to get a carry permit?

red_zr24x4

UA#190
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Walkerton

Would you support mandatory training to get a carry permit?

Not a manditory class, but I would be all for an elective class in school. My youngest took a hunter safty class in middle school as an elective.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    While I see your point I also disagree. I carry a firearm so I can conviently access it if the need should arise. I see no problem carrying a holstered firearm in a fanny pack if that is the only thing occupying that pouch. Other than a crime against fashion it is not a all or nothing issue.

It can be comfortable and safe if done right.

I have one of the small galco packs I use on long bike rides, it's a convenient way to carry and they have an internal strap as well as good zippers, doubt this person had a FP made for guns.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Remain as you like, my posts remain as well. It can happen to all guns.

Don't get cocky and all that jazz.

My skepticism is of the claims of the witnesses, not your second or third hand reporting of such claims. I've listened to quite a few tales of "it went off when I dropped it" that were far more likely to have had a finger and negligence involved, with subsequent lying to make it seem like an accident.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Fingers on triggers is the way to bet, but guns do not need fingers to go bang.

Agreed, but it depends on the make and model.

Your 870? I can believe it. A cheapie derringer? I can believe it. A Raven? Sure.

Glock 19? FN? M&P? Very, very skeptical.

I doubt your 870 was involved.

While maybe not impossible, the guns Rhino mentioned discharging from a drop is probably far less likely than hitting the lottery without buying a ticket.

What you said!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom