• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Saw on the news this evening that the Marion County Prosecutor will not go after anyone attending the buy back. I guess our comments got read!

I wouldn't trust 'em any farther than I can throw them, though. The IC doesn't have a "The DA said it is OK" disclaimer that I can find. Either you get authorization from the school admin, or it is a felony.

Wish I had some spare cash. There are bound to be some interesting guns walk in. You hear stories of some grandma scrapping her late husbands old WWII bring-back, that was really worth hundreds.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So, since this is potentially a Conspiracy to Possess a Handgun on School Property and to Obstruct Justice (Rev. Girton said that the gun could be "actively" involved in a crime and they would destroy the evidence for you) and Corrupt Buisness Organization has anyone notified the Marion County Prosecuting Attorney that people are planning gun crimes in his county?

Didn't Mr. Curry say something in the past a couple of times about being tough on gun crimes?

If only someone would notify the Prosecuting Attorney of these potential gun crimes in his county. If only . . .

Contact Us

Hmmm, I think I just added a project to the whiteboard tomorrow.

So, how many INGOers are up for a counter-buy off school property on Saturday? It's at noon so we can have breakfast in Broad Ripple, shoot at Eagle Creek and then steady mob over to the East Side before noon.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    So, since this is potentially a Conspiracy to Possess a Handgun on School Property and to Obstruct Justice (Rev. Girton said that the gun could be "actively" involved in a crime and they would destroy the evidence for you) and Corrupt Buisness Organization has anyone notified the Marion County Prosecuting Attorney that people are planning gun crimes in his county?

Didn't Mr. Curry say something in the past a couple of times about being tough on gun crimes?

If only someone would notify the Prosecuting Attorney of these potential gun crimes in his county. If only . . .

Contact Us

Hmmm, I think I just added a project to the whiteboard tomorrow.

So, how many INGOers are up for a counter-buy off school property on Saturday? It's at noon so we can have breakfast in Broad Ripple, shoot at Eagle Creek and then steady mob over to the East Side before noon.

Set up a table on the sidewalk across the street, a canopy over it, with a big "GUN BUYBACK STATION" sign.

Recoup monies from junk guns, by turning them into the police buyback the same day.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Hmm, I have some cash that could save some refugees. No junk, but it would just be a shame for something nice to be wasted like that.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    Why is it called a "Buyback?" You cannot "buy back" something that never belonged to you.

Also, If some of these guns are stolen, do they run them? If I had a gun stolen, then turned over to the police, I would expect it back.

I know a lot of these guns get destroyed. This is the government at it's best. Give money to people for junk, then destroy that junk. Shoot, at least sell them for parts, or something.

All that "buybacks" accomplish is waste taxpayer money, and let thieves get off.

You could steal a gun, kill someone, sell it [back] to the police, rinse, and repeat.

Who came up with this idea? It's so ridiculous, illogical, and downright stupid.

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I say we should get an INGO gun buy back. Everyone donates $50 and we all get a gun. What say you? If no, I'm always looking for .22 rifles for a kid. 65 and you got yourself a deal as long as it works.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I just got off the phone with IMPD. I asked how you can have a gun-buyback at a school when participation in same means you're automatically committing a felony.

They said they don't know.

Why am I not surprised?

I watched the video...it stated that the ministers had "worked with prosecutors" to set this up at a school...very vague...

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Why is it called a "Buyback?" You cannot "buy back" something that never belonged to you.

Also, If some of these guns are stolen, do they run them? If I had a gun stolen, then turned over to the police, I would expect it back.

I know a lot of these guns get destroyed. This is the government at it's best. Give money to people for junk, then destroy that junk. Shoot, at least sell them for parts, or something.

All that "buybacks" accomplish is waste taxpayer money, and let thieves get off.

You could steal a gun, kill someone, sell it [back] to the police, rinse, and repeat.

Who came up with this idea? It's so ridiculous, illogical, and downright stupid.

The stolen gun thing is an excellent point. So, I can get pulled over for a speeding infraction, have my gun illegally seized to "run the numbers" BUT, all of the guns from this "buy back" won't be checked?? Really??

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    The stolen gun thing is an excellent point. So, I can get pulled over for a speeding infraction, have my gun illegally seized to "run the numbers" BUT, all of the guns from this "buy back" won't be checked?? Really??

Right. I would be pissed beyond measure if someone stole a $900 gun from me, and the police had it in their hands, and they didn't turn it over to me. I can see it happening, though.

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Rumor has it that the guns were being loaded into a van with Mexican license plates. The driver said it was all cool, though, and flashed his BATFE credentials.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Right. I would be pissed beyond measure if someone stole a $900 gun from me, and the police had it in their hands, and they didn't turn it over to me. I can see it happening, though.

Had a $800 gun stolen from me. If I ever found out the Po-Po had it and did not notify me....:xmad:

I do not understand what they hope to achieve except what was posted up thread...feel warm and fuzzy, get the community behind them and fix nodda.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    Well, between my late father's junkers and mine I came up with eight deadly revolvers that I'll gladly let this church "get off the street."

I was figuring on trying to peddle them to Numrich for parts but no way would I get anywhere NEAR $50 apiece for them.

Dontcha just love it when idiots have more money than sense?

Top Bottom