• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This might be interesting, I have an old Jennings .22 with a broken safety...

See, you're looking at it all wrong. Think 'marketing', man! It's not a "broken safety", it's a "fully-functional, extreme-danger selector". "You thought a .22 was a pistol for pansies? This .22 packs a punch! Now 75% more dangerous than any other .22 on the market!"

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    If you do go to buy from the folks in line, ask questions before you buy. Ghost of Winter and I did this a year ago or so up in Da Region and among the junkers that came in were a Marlin 60 missing pieces, a 12ga with a market price almost 50% below the value of the buy back, and a mystery .22 that a mom "found in the bushes one morning".

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    If you do go to buy from the folks in line, ask questions before you buy. Ghost of Winter and I did this a year ago or so up in Da Region and among the junkers that came in were a Marlin 60 missing pieces, a 12ga with a market price almost 50% below the value of the buy back, and a mystery .22 that a mom "found in the bushes one morning".

Of Course, Mom never thought that her kid may have been hiding it there, she just thought that he went there to pee before getting on the bus every morning.

kwatters

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 26, 2009
    Central Indiana
    See, you're looking at it all wrong. Think 'marketing', man! It's not a "broken safety", it's a "fully-functional, extreme-danger selector". "You thought a .22 was a pistol for pansies? This .22 packs a punch! Now 75% more dangerous than any other .22 on the market!"

That is why I am not in sales...

jiggypete

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 3, 2012
    I just read that on WTHR also. The thing that does not make sense to me, aside from ministers organizing it and holding it at a school, is that they don't check the weapons. The article says, "Could be a gun in an active crime or something like that. We are not asking where the gun came from...." So, a violent crime has been committed with a weapon, a criminal sells it to the organizers for $50, and the evidence disappears? Sounds like a good deal for the violent criminals!

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    Anyone going to be trolling the lines looking for deals I would be damn sure to stay OUTSIDE the school property boundaries.

Also, El is now up to +6 (I did my part! lol)

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Brainardland
    I just got off the phone with IMPD. I asked how you can have a gun-buyback at a school when participation in same means you're automatically committing a felony.

They said they don't know.

Why am I not surprised?

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I'd love to be holding up a sign *on school property* informing the public they will be committing a felony if they bring a gun onto the property.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    The cops discourage purchasing from those in line, hence the reason why they are at a school.

And BTW, for those that missed it last year: Cop steals guns from buy back.

Ithaca M1911 A1 World War II U.S. Army .45 caliber gun,
    a .22-caliber Short Butler,
    a Smith and Wesson .38 caliber Airlight Special,
    a Mossberg 590 12 gauge shotgun,
    and a Connecticut Valley Bobcat .50 caliber gun

Top Bottom