• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Interesting thread....I was thinking similar thought today. I am the only one in my family that carries. I have kids around and am rolling around on the floor and such. I opt to leave my 1911 in the car parked in the driveway. Usually don't have enough room in the waistband after all the food anyway....

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    Please explain how telling you they are carrying is a show of respect. That makes no sense to me.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't allow anyone into my home that I wouldn't trust being armed. If I didn't think I could trust them being armed, I wouldn't want them around me.

What Rhino said... :yesway: While I can understand the "your house, your rules" thing, I don't see how a CC-er carrying in the home of another pro-gun person is somehow disrespectful... I am curious to hear your reasoning/thoughts on this...

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    OK so maybe I should have been more clear on this. Ok if its someone who I know can SAFLEY handle a firearm then no problem with that. But lets say my son or daughter bring there gf/bf over for the holidays and Im not to familiar with there ability to handle a firearm. Well then yes I do have a problem with them carring in my home. I have other kids and a grandchild plus the wife to make sure they are safe. As far as the respect thing well If you are my guest you will RESPECT my rules or you will no longer be my guest.:D This is Fenways site right ? We have the freedom of speach right ? But there are certain things we are not supost to say and discuss his rules. Out of RESPECT for him and his rules the majority of us dont post or discuss them. I think sence my join date of 01-21-2008 this is my longest post :laugh:

Last edited:

anewrnn

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Crown Point
    be nice to know but not required

I don't expect anyone to tell me if they are carrying. If someone is going to be drinking or anything dangerous I would expect them to leave/take their weapon to their car. I am lucky in that I know those of my friends who carry. When my daughter is not over at my house I usually have my Saiga 12 out on "display" anyway.Good post..

tenring

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2008
    Martinsville
    OK so maybe I should have been more clear on this. Ok if its someone who I know can SAFLEY handle a firearm then no problem with that. But lets say my son or daughter bring there gf/bf over for the holidays and Im not to familiar with there ability to handle a firearm. Well then yes I do have a problem with them carring in my home. I have other kids and a grandchild plus the wife to make sure they are safe. As far as the respect thing well If you are my guest you will RESPECT my rules or you will no longer be my guest.:D This is Fenways site right ? We have the freedom of speach right ? But there are certain things we are not supost to say and discuss his rules. Out of RESPECT for him and his rules the majority of us dont post or discuss them. I think sence my join date of 01-21-2008 this is my longest post :laugh:

So be sneaky with your s/d's, g/b's, and ask questions about their interest in firearms, and if they do answer in the positive, get technical, if they can't answer the technical parts, offer to take them to the club for a session. The proof is in the pudding, if they don't demonstrate responsible and safe gun handling, knowledge of firearms, and they couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if they were locked in it, politely tell them that they are still welcome in your humble abode, but without said means of self defense.

PS Get to work, I'm tired of my power going out every time Mother Nature decides to make a little wind!

jimbojr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    SE MI
    Figured Id get some flack over my answer but in the end my house my rules. Kinda like here if they dont like the rules dont come over :D

I agree there house their rules. Always keep it to your self, what they don't know can't get you in hot water.

Goodcat

From a place you cannot see…
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    153   0   0
    Jan 13, 2009
    New Pal
    I just drag a double barreled 12 gauge everywhere with me. Never had a complaint. No one noticed. :-)

In all seriousness, I agree with most, in that I see no reason to inform or be informed.

dailylc

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Evansville
    KDUBCR250,
    Should I assume that you have a sign at each entry way of the home requiring guest to inform you if they are carrying and experiance with said weapon? If thats the case than they should inform. I never tell anyone I'm carrying unless they ask. And I would never just walk into someones house and annouce I'm armed. Guest shoud respect your home. But unless you infom, how would they know. Do you tell everyone who's home you go into, that you are carrying?

James

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    Originally Posted by rhino
    Please explain how telling you they are carrying is a show of respect. That makes no sense to me.

For what it's worth, I wouldn't allow anyone into my home that I wouldn't trust being armed. If I didn't think I could trust them being armed, I wouldn't want them around me.

What Rhino said... :yesway: While I can understand the "your house, your rules" thing, I don't see how a CC-er carrying in the home of another pro-gun person is somehow disrespectful... I am curious to hear your reasoning/thoughts on this...

So you have any relatives with alzheimer's or dementia? No teenagers? There's tons of people I might visit in their home or even invite to my own that I'd rather not see have a gun in their hands.

Beau

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Colorado
    So you have any relatives with alzheimer's or dementia? No teenagers? There's tons of people I might visit in their home or even invite to my own that I'd rather not see have a gun in their hands.
    I could see where that could be a problem in your age group.

Sorry Jack I couldn't resist.:D

Jack Ryan

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    I could see where that could be a problem in your age group.

Sorry Jack I couldn't resist.:D

No problem, it's true and it's how I know.

It's also how I know people who use words like always, never, all, and who think they pretty much have it all figured out are probably not even 30 years old yet and surely not 40. I know not because I'm exceptionally smart, I know it because I been there and done that. Some times I can't believe how dumb I was for some one who thought he was so smart but was really just a smart alec. Some times when I think about it too long I'm so ashamed of my youthful arrogance I want to call people up and apologise.

Then I just log on here and see that pretty much every one goes through the same faze and I'm nothing special.

What goes around comes around and the world keeps spinning with out ever even a glitch no matter what I do or don't do, say or don't say.

KDUBCR250

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    Martinsville
    KDUBCR250,
    Should I assume that you have a sign at each entry way of the home requiring guest to inform you if they are carrying and experiance with said weapon? If thats the case than they should inform. I never tell anyone I'm carrying unless they ask. And I would never just walk into someones house and annouce I'm armed. Guest shoud respect your home. But unless you infom, how would they know. Do you tell everyone who's home you go into, that you are carrying?

James
    Guess I need to have some signs made up. :D Hey to each there own. The OP asked a question I gave my opinion and thats just what it is my opinion. Do what you want run your home as you see fit . If I were to go to a anti 2nd household and i knew they were anti 2nd then Id feel out of respect for there views while im a guest in there house I wouldnt carry.There house there rules. If I or you dont like it we have 2 choises leave or follow there rules. That is all, have a nice day :patriot:

Mickard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2009
    Seems to me if you have a CCW permit then you are resposnbile enough to have the CCW. How did the person notice the knife?

Arm America

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 26, 2009
    West of Greenwood
    I am in agreement with KDUBCR250.

Out of respect for the host, if I know their dislikes of personal protection,
    I would leave it secured in the trunk.

If I know their dislikes of onions, or tomato's, I would not expect
    my wife to include them when preparing a dish for them to eat.

Say what you want, I was raised to respect others and their feelings.
    I will continue with that and hope to pass it along to my kids.

elaw555

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    When I absolutely need to keep my CC, CC, then the Keltec P3AT gets put into a pocket. Otherwise its my Kahr K9 in an IWB FIST holster. Concealed means concealed. If you are worried about that full size HK USP45 becoming anything other than concealed then it is time to invest in a pocket pistol.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    I OCed at the in-laws for Thanksgiving.

That way I didn't have to worry if anyone felt disrespected when I didn't inform them.;)

Top Bottom