• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    While Jahred is working on the official video, here's a short one for you.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGWsqzfA7a0[/ame]

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    Thanks for the video. I never get sick of watching suppressor videos. But now I have to ask, what are the differences between that and the 762AK? They seem very similar, except for the 1/4" diameter difference.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Thanks for the video. I never get sick of watching suppressor videos. But now I have to ask, what are the differences between that and the 762AK? They seem very similar, except for the 1/4" diameter difference.

The K9 is specifically tuned for 9mm and 300 Blackout which use different powders and have different first chamber pressures than the 7.62x39. It can be used in abusive full auto applications. It is smoking quiet (as Drakkule says) on its intended platforms. Note: The majority of the sound you heard in the video was the round hitting the target on my range. In open air it is incredibly quiet.

Compared to the AK can, they are two different cans for two different applications. This can has a smaller blast chamber and more baffles becuase it is intended to be used on weapons with lower uncorking pressures.

We've found that subsonic 300 Blackout has a radically different pressure signature than supersonic rifle cartridges. The K9 is a heavy duty version of the Guardian 9 with a smaller blast chamber and more baffles to better address that cartridge.

The K9 is the first in our "Your can, Your way, no compromise" campaign. This suppressor weighs 14.5 ounces, is 6.5 inches long, and is 100% stainless steel. Oh, and the price will start with a 3.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Looks like I might need to find a local dealer who has one of these in stock... any help?

a 5/8x24 thread adapter for a 300 blk would work on this?

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Looks like I might need to find a local dealer who has one of these in stock... any help?

a 5/8x24 thread adapter for a 300 blk would work on this?

Not in stock yet. Still testing.

Current plan is to ship with 5/8-24 and 1/2-28 Omnimounts, with a 9mm booster available as an option.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Not in stock yet. Still testing.

Current plan is to ship with 5/8-24 and 1/2-28 Omnimounts, with a 9mm booster available as an option.

Looks like I missed where you started talking about the K9 suppresor - its specifically tuned for the .300blk and 9mm sub-sonic, but not in production yet?

The guardian 9 is good foor .300blk, weighs less and is in production? Can you use a thread adapter for it to mount it on a 5/8x24 threaded barrel?

Differences is that the K9 is more strongly constructed? Quieter? Worth the wait over the Guardian 9?

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    They are two different cans.

The Guardian 9 is a 9mm pistol can that can also work for semi auto subsonic 300 Blackout and 9mm carbine.

The Kestrel 9 is a full auto 9mm Carbine / super or subsonic 300 Blackout can that will work on a pistol.

If you will spend most of your time shooting pistol buy the Guardian.

If you will spend most of your time shooting rifles buy the Kestrel.

They will be inexpensive enough that you can afford to buy both and have the best of both worlds without compromising.

Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    They are two different cans.

The Guardian 9 is a 9mm pistol can that can also work for semi auto subsonic 300 Blackout and 9mm carbine.

The Kestrel 9 is a full auto 9mm Carbine / super or subsonic 300 Blackout can that will work on a pistol.

If you will spend most of your time shooting pistol buy the Guardian.

If you will spend most of your time shooting rifles buy the Kestrel.

They will be inexpensive enough that you can afford to buy both and have the best of both worlds without compromising.

You had me until your last sentence... then you REALLY had me! :rockwoot:

I do like the idea of the Kestrel working for Super and Subsonic .300, big bonus.

Are we talking 1-2 months out or more? I still need a trust drawn up but would like to get something moving sooner rather than later due to the ~7 month wait time :(.

Thanks for all the help and details!

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    We are forming out the Guardians to dealers now. My guess is that we will start forming out Kestrel 9s to dealers in 30 - 45 days.

Top Bottom