• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Is it going to be able to handle 5.7x28 also, like the Kestrel? Or is that too high pressure?

I had been knocking around the idea of getting a .22 can and the fact the Kestrel could do 5.7 as well was pretty appealing (I don't have a 5.7 gun, but I've been thinking about buying a PS90 and making it into an SBR).

We haven't tested the Guardian 9 with 5.7 yet. My guess is that we won't rate it for 5.7, but we will have an announcement on a 5.7 full auto can in the near term.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Just got the first final production Guardian 9 assembled. It weighs 7.5 ounces (10.25 ounces with the booster).

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    We haven't tested the Guardian 9 with 5.7 yet. My guess is that we won't rate it for 5.7, but we will have an announcement on a 5.7 full auto can in the near term.

Thanks. Have you found any issues with .22 through it? Does it get gunked up, causing problems? Are the baffles stainless steel (or steel at all)? How about the end caps? I assume the body will be aluminum.

I'm pretty new to the suppressor world and the idea of getting one suppressor that works for a lot of my weapons is really appealing (especially with the $200 tax stamp and ridiculous waiting times). I have a SIG Mosquito that I just got a GemTech threaded barrel for and I am planning on getting my 10/22 threaded. I also have a Glock 17 and a Beretta 92 that I wouldn't mind being able to suppress. So, the more guns I can use a can on, the more appealing it is to me.

Edit: I just wanted to add that I got a chance to shoot my buddy's P22 with his Guardian 22 on it. I had a blast. I'm definitely hooked. :shoot:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Thanks. Have you found any issues with .22 through it? Does it get gunked up, causing problems? Are the baffles stainless steel (or steel at all)? How about the end caps? I assume the body will be aluminum.

I'm pretty new to the suppressor world and the idea of getting one suppressor that works for a lot of my weapons is really appealing (especially with the $200 tax stamp and ridiculous waiting times). I have a SIG Mosquito that I just got a GemTech threaded barrel for and I am planning on getting my 10/22 threaded. I also have a Glock 17 and a Beretta 92 that I wouldn't mind being able to suppress. So, the more guns I can use a can on, the more appealing it is to me.

It works fine with .22. It's silly quiet on a both pistol and rifles.

The rear blast chamber, booster, and fixed mounts are stainless, as is the blast baffle. The others are aluminum, as is the tube and front end cap (we make the front aluminum so that in case of a baffle strike the end cap gives way protecting the tube.

Beowulf

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Mar 21, 2012
    Brownsburg
    I know I'm getting deep in the weeds here, but will it handle .30 Carbine, do you think? 9mm seems to run at about 35,000 PSI, while .30 Carbine runs at 40,000.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    g91.jpg

g93.jpg

Top Bottom