• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    Symptoms of illness caused by consuming raw milk include: vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, fever, headache and body ache. Most healthy people will recover from illness caused by harmful bacteria in raw milk - or in foods made with raw milk - within a short period of time, however some individuals can develop symptoms that are chronic, severe, or even life threatening.

As stated in my first post, if you know the risks and it doesn't interfere with me in ANY WAY then by all means allow me to wallow in my ignorance. Cow poo isn't something I care to drink.

Ready-to-consume” means that you are not expected to have to cook the food or take special precautions when handling it like you would with raw meat or raw poultry, for example. While illness is sometimes caused by ready-to-consume foods like fresh raw fruits and vegetables, deli meats, peanut butter, and pasteurized milk, these events are unusual because these foods are not normally contaminated with fecal bacteria. If there are fecal bacteria in these ready-to-consume foods, it is because of a breakdown in the food safety precautions that are in place to protect these foods from contamination

MerKWorK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Muncie
    OK so once we get rid of the milk industry and go back to everyone milking their own cows for their own personal use we will be on good ground. Until then I will get my milk from where I can be a little bit assured I won't get sick from it...the grocery store!
    Think HOA's have a problem with flagpoles? wait until we all start raising cows and goats in the back yards! come on!
    Why would it have to come from our own backyards...there is grazing grass elsewhere. Cows don't naturally stand in metal stalls mooing for corn. I think that thinking and absolute disconnect from reality is where the restrictive thinking originates. people want unhealthy alternatives, fine...i am all about choice. but when someone says I can't have mine while enjoying theirs, well that is a BIG problem!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    eatsnopaste,

I understand that you prefer pasteurized milk. That's cool. Do you support consumer choice so that others can buy raw milk? HOA's and feces consumption aside...

MerKWorK

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 1, 2010
    Muncie
    Symptoms of illness caused by consuming raw milk include: vomiting, diarrhea, abdominal pain, fever, headache and body ache. Most healthy people will recover from illness caused by harmful bacteria in raw milk - or in foods made with raw milk - within a short period of time, however some individuals can develop symptoms that are chronic, severe, or even life threatening.

As stated in my first post, if you know the risks and it doesn't interfere with me in ANY WAY then by all means allow me to wallow in my ignorance. Cow poo isn't something I care to drink.

Ready-to-consume” means that you are not expected to have to cook the food or take special precautions when handling it like you would with raw meat or raw poultry, for example. While illness is sometimes caused by ready-to-consume foods like fresh raw fruits and vegetables, deli meats, peanut butter, and pasteurized milk, these events are unusual because these foods are not normally contaminated with fecal bacteria. If there are fecal bacteria in these ready-to-consume foods, it is because of a breakdown in the food safety precautions that are in place to protect these foods from contamination
    What are the symptoms of antibiotics....wait all of what you just said. Your pasteurized milk contains that too! Yet your fine there, huh. I sure wish I had a big mac, diet(aspartme) coke...and a Tall Glass of Milk(puss, steroids and antibiotics)! And Raw Milk is band because it's dangerous. take a look at the health epidemic here.
    Sanity is the new insanity. It gets worse everyday!

eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    eatsnopaste,

I understand that you prefer pasteurized milk. That's cool. Do you support consumer choice so that others can buy raw milk? HOA's and feces consumption aside...

Yep, you can drink or eat whatever you want too...just make sure it in no way infringes on my rights in any way shape or form..This would include me paying in any way for your stay in the hospital for salmonella or E.Coli infevtions, or any other illness brought on by ingesting raw milk.
    It goes along with your stand on flu vacs...as long as you don't get one and it only harms (or helps) you in the long run..good for you! In this time of "it's what "I" want to do so "I" am going to do it because "I" want to and everyone else be damned" attitude. Just make sure you are only affecting yourself and I am good with it.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    NEWS FLASH:

Pasteurized cow poo is still cow poo...

His point being that fecal matter contamination is rather harmful to the drinker, which it is: the point of pasteurization is to destroy the bacteria that the poo and other contaminants bring with it. If you get grossed out merely by the idea of ingesting minute particles of poo...well, if you know what poo smells like then you already ingested minute particles so that you could smell it.

That said, I don't understand the logic behind outlawing the sale of raw milk...bungee jumping is still permitted, and it is potentially dangerous too, yeah? But of course we have to be protected from our own stupidity :rolleyes:

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    He said he didn't want to drink cow ****, nothing about bacteria. I was merely pointing out that pasteurization didn't keep that from happening.

I hope for his sake he doesn't eat salad or any kind of raw vegetable for that matter. Don't drink the water either. Everyone knows what fish do in it.

bingley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Another milk raid!! Three employees of a natural food store were arrested and charged with conspiracy to sell raw milk and raw cheese. Armed paramilitary troops raided their establishment and hauled them off to jail.

I realize some people have strong opinions about raw vs. pasteurized milk (or even drinking milk at all), but it seems to me a separable issue in this case is the paramilitary tactics used to arrest the employees. They are probably not dangerous, violent people. A letter and a request for an appointment downtown would do, and then they can debate the legality of raw milk in court until Kingdom Come. The bail also seems excessively high. Unless raw milk sellers are killing each other & disappearing bodies to grab corners, this is another example of using excessive force in the name of public good.

On yet another separate issue, while I can't speak to the health issues, I can tell you that raw milk and raw cheese taste really good. Fortunately I sampled such criminal foods in another country. With this confession, I hope a SWAT team won't come through my doors with a no-knock warrant.

Da Bing

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Yep, you can drink or eat whatever you want too...just make sure it in no way infringes on my rights in any way shape or form..This would include me paying in any way for your stay in the hospital for salmonella or E.Coli infevtions, or any other illness brought on by ingesting raw milk.

Well since receiving health care is not a right, I'm confident that nothing I eat will affect your rights.

Also I would like to know if you think cigarettes are more or less dangerous than milk, and if everything that is could potentially cause illness should be banned.

It goes along with your stand on flu vacs...as long as you don't get one and it only harms (or helps) you in the long run..good for you! In this time of "it's what "I" want to do so "I" am going to do it because "I" want to and everyone else be damned" attitude. Just make sure you are only affecting yourself and I am good with it.
    Are you suggesting that it is something selfish about wanting to drink raw milk or avoid vaccines?

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne

So what if they pasteurized paste??? So seriously, you are all for the .gov deciding what is healthy as long as the unhealthy choice costs you money? So if I was on welfare and got shot and the .gov decided I should not be within 100 yards of a firearm, your cool with that? Really? Time for a self-check bud.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit

Ready-to-consume” means that you are not expected to have to cook the food
    or take special precautions when handling it like you would with raw meat
    raw poultry, for example. While illness is sometimes caused by ready-to-
    consume foods like fresh raw fruits and vegetables, deli meats, peanut butter,
    and pasteurized milk, these events are unusual because these foods are not
    normally contaminated with fecal bacteria. If there are fecal
    bacteria in these ready-to-consume foods, it is because of a breakdown in the
    food safety precautions that are in place to protect these foods from
    contamination
    Sounds like you're suggesting we all live like the boy in they plastic bubble.
    You do realize that our present antiseptic society has had the effect of reducing our bodies' natural immune system responses, dont you?
    Ever notice how children seem to be more prone to sickness these days? It's because society has gone overboard with it's protectionist attitude. Sterilize this, clean than, no little Johnny, you can't play outside in the dirt, we've weakened our children by "protecting" them in so many ways. They are shot up with all sorts of vaccines to prevent sickness, yet they still get sick because they were never given a chance to build a strong immune response. We no long teach our children (these are general terms) that they will lose sometimes, instead they learn that the important part is that they participate. We teach them that mediocrity is the norm and give them no reason to strive to excellence.
    Raw foods can be grown, harvested, stored, prepared, and consumed with the same assurance of safety as other foods, you really neednt worry about the nasties any more or less. The Organic foods industry is monitored by the USDA very stringently. Believe me, I looked into the process of trying to have
    my produce growing efforts certified so that I can sell the fruits of my labors.
    If anything, I think that the rules are more stringent. They do their best to keep the little grower out of the mix. Big Agri has a strong hold on the market and don't want to share.
    You stated you have issues with fecal matter? Since Fair Oaks farms was used upthread as an example, I'll expound a bit on their operations, as well as the operations of the four or five other dairies that operate around the Rennselear/Demotte area. They each have around 5000 head of dairy cattle, that are milked twice each 24 hr period. They are confined in their stalls and fed puffed rice, hard candy (to sweeten the milk), grains and silage(immature GMO corn that is cut and ground up, stalks and all). With that many cattle, there is a lot of Poo developed S one might imagine. It's collected, fermented to give off the methane gass, which is captures as used to fuel generators to power the operations (Which I think is pretty cool, actually) what remains of the Poo is made into a slurry and either injected into ground in the fields that grow the corn for silage and ther food stuffs that enter the commercial food network or sprayed. The injection/and or spraying depends on the county. Jasper Cty requires it to be injected, while Newton allows spraying.
    Now where does the poo go now? Into the food the cattle eat and into grains that enter the market for human consumption as well. Corn, wheat, soy beans, sunflower, mint, and popcorn are just a few of the things that grown in around these areas. I'm not saying these things as an indictment of the industry, just giving some info that most consumers don't know about the "safe" food they choose from the grocery shelves.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    I'll pray that you never get osteoporosis. Women are susceptible to it and I've seen first hand how nasty it can be.

Trust me. I know quite a bit about it... and in saying that, I can also say that the only source of calcium is not milk.
    Aside from that, plant based calcium tends to stay in your system. Animal based calcium (tied to animal based proteins) creates a calcium loss (meaning not only does it *not* stick around, it takes some of your previously built up calcium right along with it...and you pee it right out). In other words, if you want to reduce the risk of osteoporosis...eat less meat.
    Didn't you ever wonder why Americans (biggest milk drinkers on the planet), who ingest much higher levels of calcium, have much higher rates of osteoporosis? Take a hard look at the typical American diet vs just about everybody else, as it relates to instances of hip fractures and such in their aging people, and any number of other bone deteriorating consequences...

But don't take my word for it. Research it yourself.
    You might be surprised.
    :twocents:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Wow, using your line of thinking, we should outlaw fast food, candy, soft drinks, donuts, and everything else you don't think is good for us "free" people. And Let's don't stop there; outlaw motorcycles. There are safer modes of transportation that won't raise our insurance rates! Outlaw sports, so you won't have to pay for the emergency room visits that they cause. Outlaw reloading, because it's simply too dangerous when there is perfectly good factory ammo to be bought at Wal Mart. And then let's talk about all those Negligent Discharges that gun owners have that cause our ER visits to be so expensive. Them guns gotta go.......

And we wonder how we lose our freedoms. This type of anti-freedom thinking prevails.

.....an don't forget all the trampolines, an swimming pools. They did outlaw monkey bars in some places though. People shouldn't monkey around anyway..:patriot:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Drink water. Milk is for babies. Humans are the only animal that continue to drink milk of any kind after they have been weened from their mother.

Humans also use forks an knives, walk upright, drive cars, shoot guns an fly in airplanes......I'm sure other animals would too....if they could. :dunno:

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    Trust me. I know quite a bit about it... and in saying that, I can also say that the only source of calcium is not milk.
    Aside from that, plant based calcium tends to stay in your system. Animal based calcium (tied to animal based proteins) creates a calcium loss (meaning not only does it *not* stick around, it takes some of your previously built up calcium right along with it...and you pee it right out). In other words, if you want to reduce the risk of osteoporosis...eat less meat.
    Didn't you ever wonder why Americans (biggest milk drinkers on the planet), who ingest much higher levels of calcium, have much higher rates of osteoporosis? Take a hard look at the typical American diet vs just about everybody else, as it relates to instances of hip fractures and such in their aging people, and any number of other bone deteriorating consequences...

But don't take my word for it. Research it yourself.
    You might be surprised.
    :twocents:

Ok, I researched it.

Osteoporosis

One reason is that pasteurization (heating the milk) destroys a crucial enzyme in raw milk that allows utilization of calcium. Since pasteurized milk contains phosphorus and cooked protein, pasteurized milk becomes a promoter of osteoporosis. It is no wonder that the most successful bone-building products we recommend are in their raw whole food state!

Another +1 for raw milk. I'd rather have real nutrition than pasteurized feces.

Top Bottom