• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • eatsnopaste

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    South Bend
    Okay, so its like this. The majority of our milk supply has to be pasteurized, and the cows have to be given antibiotics also for that matter. Very simple, COWS DON'T DIGEST CORN! Its not their natural diet. Milk from grass fed cows would be perfect straight from the utter. In fact, 100% grass fed cow milk is one of the absolute most healthy substances your body can get. But, since we are not in a free market and Gov. subsidizes industry, corn rules. It is Cheap, it is Cheap and its everywhere. And so it is in and is fed to everything. Ever looked at a label on your food? So as long as Americans are dumb and just shovel anything into their mouths, just like the cows, we will have this roundabout of lunacy!
    And to say that you would get higher medical bills from raw milk is VERY ignorant. Do just a little research into the state of milk production, cow health and nutritive value(or lack of) and you will see just how wrong you are. Amazing anyone would quote that line with the state of health America is in right now. Raw milk would actually be one of the quickest ways of turning the health crisis around. But they don't teach this stuff at public schools, So I wouldn't expect you to know!

Go do some friggin' research people!
    OK so once we get rid of the milk industry and go back to everyone milking their own cows for their own personal use we will be on good ground. Until then I will get my milk from where I can be a little bit assured I won't get sick from it...the grocery store!
    Think HOA's have a problem with flagpoles? wait until we all start raising cows and goats in the back yards! come on!

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    OK so once we get rid of the milk industry and go back to everyone milking their own cows for their own personal use we will be on good ground. Until then I will get my milk from where I can be a little bit assured I won't get sick from it...the grocery store!
    Think HOA's have a problem with flagpoles? wait until we all start raising cows and goats in the back yards! come on!

Then get your pasteurized milk at the grocery store. I should be able to get mine where I want and in the condition I want.

Johnson nailed it.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    Better double check on that first part.

You forgot steroids.

Probably not steroids if you want more milk, right? I dunno, I'm not a doctor, I thought it would have been synthetic estrogen.

If anyone ever has a chance, take a tour of the Fair Oaks dairy. They do commercial large scale milking in a very good way, IMO.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    OK so once we get rid of the milk industry and go back to everyone milking their own cows for their own personal use we will be on good ground. Until then I will get my milk from where I can be a little bit assured it's full of growth hormones, antibiotics, preservatives, and the FDA's accepted amount of pesticide residue and that I [STRIKE]won't[/STRIKE] might not realize I'mgettingsick from it...the grocery store!

Sorry, just couldn't help but interject. :D

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Probably not steroids if you want more milk, right? I dunno, I'm not a doctor, I thought it would have been synthetic estrogen.

It is. It's a steroid hormone called rbGH.. "recombinant bovine Growth hormone". It causes over-production in milk, and we're the only country that allows it.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    It is. It's a steroid hormone called rbGH.. "recombinant bovine Growth hormone". It causes over-production in milk, and we're the only country that allows it.

I'll be darned.

Fair Oaks Dairy doesn't use any antibiotics or hormones on their cows, and distribute to Marsh and Kroger.

So, if you buy from them, there is a good chance you're getting some pretty "clean" milk.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    I'll be darned.

Fair Oaks Dairy doesn't use any antibiotics or hormones on their cows, and distribute to Marsh and Kroger.

So, if you buy from them, there is a good chance you're getting some pretty "clean" milk.
    Same with Walmart milk. They've made a point to not buy milk containing artificially introduced bovine growth hormone.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County

I am glad that you have the freedom to wallow in your ignorance.

I would like to be allowed the freedom to do the opposite.

Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    May 16, 2010
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Its no wonder out country is broke. This is insane, there must be cocaine inside the milk right? I am normally not one to don the tin foil in the links posted on here, but this is preposterous. As long as the buyer knows what they are getting, how can it be illegal? Its milk lol.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    One of the rising social scenes in the United States are gypsy restaurants or "dining clubs". They meet in secret and dine on luxurious food not allowed by the United States government. Chefs will literally smuggle unpasteurized cheeses and creams from Europe back into the US to meet the demand for diners. The only way to get creme fraiche in the US is to make it yourself, which is illegal.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    They need to raid the Brookfield Zoo. I took my family there a couple of years ago and the milked a goat and served it to the [STRIKE]kids[/STRIKE], sorry i meant children.

You must stop the proliferation of unpasteurized DAIRY products. THINK OF THE CHILDREN!

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    One of the rising social scenes in the United States are gypsy restaurants or "dining clubs". They meet in secret and dine on luxurious food not allowed by the United States government. Chefs will literally smuggle unpasteurized cheeses and creams from Europe back into the US to meet the demand for diners. The only way to get creme fraiche in the US is to make it yourself, which is illegal.

Tell us where this dinner party is at and you will be spared the taser.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Trader Joes does carry creme fraiche (exported from europe). At least the one in Hillcrest, CA carried it back in 2002 when I was last there.

Yes they do. So does Khan's (where I get mine). Still though, they are pasteurized and taste completely different from the real thing. Ever wonder why the US can barely get 1 restaurant ranked in the world's top 50? :)

Top Bottom