• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... I have never met the guy but I didn't get the impression he runs around pointing guns at everything...
    I have... And he doesn't.

But he claims he does, in writing on INGO.
    The gent is a poor representation of gun owners, especially INGO, much less the other places/organizations he represents. A terrible poor example set for those who are yet to understand standard firearm safety rules.

For all we know the reason the the person in the OP was shot was because the shooter followed such poor examples.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    The gent is a poor representation of gun owners, especially INGO, much less the other places/organizations he represents. A terrible poor example set for those who are yet to understand standard firearm safety rules.

For all we know the reason the the person in the OP was shot was because the shooter followed such poor examples.

I have been told not to believe everything I read on INGO. :): In this case my impression is a member did a very poor job arguing that people don't get shot with unloaded guns. He would be correct because obviously the gun was loaded, so somebody got shot with a loaded. Unloaded guns are chunks of plastic and metal.

Now......before I incur more of what is Burl and Kirk.......I don't personally subscribe to this idea. While technically correct it is still a very bad idea to go pointing firearms that are mechanically capable of firing at each other. Even "unloaded" guns (notice how I put the in quotes). It is amazing how many people get hurt with "unloaded" guns. Guns should be handled and treated with purpose.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Unloaded guns are chunks of plastic and metal.

Unloaded guns are a bridge to a criminal record.

Let's get down to brass tacks. Not only is it a violation of the Four Rules to point a gun at someone, it is a crime in the State of Indiana to point guns at people.

Like to exercise your right to arms legally? Cool, me too. If you like your gun rights, don't point guns at people who don't need guns pointed at them, IT IS A CRIME TO DO SO.

People who advocate violating the Four Rules are doing a disservice to the greater gun culture in many ways.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Unloaded guns are a bridge to a criminal record.

Let's get down to brass tacks. Not only is it a violation of the Four Rules to point a gun at someone, it is a crime in the State of Indiana to point guns at people.

Like to exercise your right to arms legally? Cool, me too. If you like your gun rights, don't point guns at people who don't need guns pointed at them, IT IS A CRIME TO DO SO.

People who advocate violating the Four Rules are doing a disservice to the greater gun culture in many ways.

The article in the OP stated no charges have been filed with investigation ongoing. There would appear to be no criminal intent. Just good old fashioned ignorance of safe gun handling and/or negligence. I suspect there will a civil suit of some sort.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I want sushi, but a free pizza dinner is fine. As long as it is served with craft beer there.

We can discuss why pointing guns at people is not safe. Sort of an anti-INGO moment.:D
    Now hold on a second! I backed your position in post #20, I get beer and pizza, too! I'll even buy a beer for the first person who approaches me and says "it's inevitable, anyone who owns a gun will eventually have a ND".

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The article in the OP stated no charges have been filed with investigation ongoing.

I was speaking to Beard Logic, not the OP.

Pointing guns at people is stupid AND a crime.

It is why people SHOULD contort themselves to avoid pointing guns at people because they are not stupid and criminal.

I'll even buy a beer for the first person who approaches me and says "it's inevitable, anyone who owns a gun will eventually have a ND".

I'll buy two beers for anyone who does the horsie dance in front of me if it pantomimes pointing a gun at a customer in a gun shoppe.

Last edited:

DementoHazard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2016
    Greensburg
    I made this account because I want to try to clear a few things up. The woman will be pressing charges once she actually can. The main concern at the moment is that she needs to heal up, however a case is underway.
    Now; The neighbor was 'cleaning' his gun in his own room. So he says, on the bed was a toddler. Now this guy didn't belong there, but he is the 'boyfriend' to the person that actually is renting the apartment. Apparently the walls are paper thin, and so the gun went off.... THROUGH A PILLOW, and into the other apartment building where the woman was sitting. It went through the couch, and into her. She was just watching TV when she got shot. The guy ran over and was apparently was like; "It didn't hit anyone, did it?" Did he NOT hear her screaming for crying out loud? This guy has all kinds of guns, from handguns to shotguns, in a small area around a bed where he sits. All guns is registered. However he is responsible for recklessness, and charges can be pushed.
    The police, should've done a drug test, alcohol test, and a test for gunpowder, ETC. However, it seems like they didn't.
    All in all, his recklessness hurt someone else, and it shouldn't have happened if he was responsible. He needs to pay for his actions.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Welcome to INGO, Demento. Sounds like you have some first hand knowledge. Just one point though--in Indiana, we don't have a gun registry. If he bought the guns through a dealer, he bought them with a background check but the guns were never "registered".

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    All in all, his recklessness hurt someone else, and it shouldn't have happened if he was responsible.

Welcome to INGO, Demento.

We are geared towarded fighting the ignorance that caused this incident. However, INGO has its share of those that defend stupidity and ignorance of the Four Rules. We shall defeat them.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN

He doesn't "go around pointing guns at everything". I've seen him at Revere's Riders events and he's as safety-conscious as any other volunteer or instructor. You all are going bat **** crazy because he advocates training scenarios in controlled environments which, depending on your perspective, bend or break The 4 Rules.

This is a much different argument than labeling someone as a villain for being generally unsafe. This user is NOT. You all need to take a :chillpill:.

Edited to add: I advocate and follow The 4 Rules. But I can understand where MohawkSlim is coming from without demonizing him.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom