• printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Man, that was intense!
    That dude driving the Hummer is lucky to be alive after that interaction with the obviously rogue cop.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Once again, typical white posters on INGO are blind to the injustice. I see it every day. You have no idea what it's like for the "other" man out there. I'm sure you probably look at this, and think: "What's the big deal?"

Fine, go ahead. I'm used to it. You live your reality, I'll live mine. I could talk until I'm blue in the face, but I'm obviously not going to persuade you.

ModernGunner

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    NWI
    Funny, you'd think being a 'Pastor', you'd 'think' Godair would be more likely to obey the law, not break it and asked to be 'forgiven' because he's a preacher.

Persuasion comes by way of facts, not 'sensitive sensibilities which may be easily bruised'.

The fact is, Godair claimed (presumably is) to the LEO to be a pastor in the hope of getting a 'free pass' for breaking the law. A law which Godair should be obeying (despite flippant excuses) to provide a good and positive example for his 'flock'.

Based on the video evidence, Godair should be charged with filing a false complaint, and prosecuted as such. Godair should also, as part of any sentence, be ordered to print a retraction an apology, posted to be easily read and / or observed by all citizens of the community, that Godair falsely accused Ofc. Collins and that Godair admit he is a liar.

Godair should then confront his congregation, admit that he is a liar, and step down as Pastor immediately.

Godair may be many things, a liar surely among them, as was the Salisbury-Rowan NAACP 'chief' Teamer, but Godair is most assuredly NO 'man of the cloth'.

And I'm pretty sure racist comments and race-baiting commentary are not permitted on INGO. Perhaps purple was intended and should be edited to reflect sarcasm, if so.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Interesting. Where are the protests against this abuse??

Abuse? Surely you are kidding right? I was have dragged him out out of his car too.

FWIW Most every cop I know that does not have an in car camera wish they did. Cops want camera's way more than anyone else wants them to have them. There are two great examples on this thread of why.

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    It sure is a positive for both parties, BUT, in the heat of the moment, officers do things that many people would never understand because they have never been in a situation like that before. There will be many people that will just trash the police for things they do. I think its great especially for officers that need to go to court because they can just show the video and then the person cant lie about what the cops say or do. I think i saw something about a department in California that uses cameras on the shirt of the officer, and the stats after a year were extremely positive for police interaction compared to previous years.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    If I'm not mistaken, isn't the problem with these cameras that they're only useful if you can store the data? Your local PD (heck even a larger city like Chicago PD) would need to be rolling in dough to buy enough servers for terabytes of data storage, setting aside the techs needed to maintain it and whatnot.

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    Once again, typical white posters on INGO are blind to the injustice. I see it every day. You have no idea what it's like for the "other" man out there. I'm sure you probably look at this, and think: "What's the big deal?"

Fine, go ahead. I'm used to it. You live your reality, I'll live mine. I could talk until I'm blue in the face, but I'm obviously not going to persuade you.

78df26dc.jpg

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    Here is a good example of why police officers take things serous when people don't do what they are asked or ordered to do and start playing their silly little games. Like getting out of their car on their own, refusing to get when ordered ect. One really does need to do what they are instructed to do on a traffic stop. Instructions are not given just for the heck of it. Many people just play silly little games when they get stopped. I think mostly out of defiance. The side of the road is not the place to start acting weird,play lawyer or act like a dick. Go with the flow and get it over with. If you didn't like how it went down then make a complaint later. No one deserves to be treated like a child (well most people don't) on a TS. Same goes for rights violations. Deal with it after the stop is over. :twocents: Follow this advice and I bet it works out much better.

Video Released of 2013 Shooting that Wounded Georgia Officer - Videos - POLICE Magazine

Last edited:

gravitas73

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2013
    Here is a good example of why police officers take things serous when people don't do what they are asked or ordered to do and start playing their silly little games. Like getting out of their car on their own, refusing to get when ordered ect. One really does need to do what they are instructed to do on a traffic stop. Instructions are not given just for the heck of it. Many people just play silly little games when they get stopped. I think mostly out of defiance. The side of the road is not the place to start acting weird,play lawyer or act like a dick. Go with the flow and get it over with. If you didn't like how it went down then make a complaint later. No one deserves to be treated like a child (well most people don't) on a TS. Same goes for rights violations. Deal with it after the stop is over. :twocents: Follow this advice and I bet it works out much better.

Video Released of 2013 Shooting that Wounded Georgia Officer - Videos - POLICE Magazine

It sucks when some people know their rights and intimidation and threats don't work huh?

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Our department forbids cameras, even if we buy them. I have co workers who would love to have them, they've been sued and if they had a video of the incident, that would not have happened. Sadly, I don't see that rule changing any time soon.

Horsewing

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 26, 2014
    Terre Haute
    Our department forbids cameras, even if we buy them. I have co workers who would love to have them, they've been sued and if they had a video of the incident, that would not have happened. Sadly, I don't see that rule changing any time soon.

Why on earth would they do that?

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    It sucks when some people know their rights and intimidation and threats don't work huh?

No not at all. What sucks is people who "think" they know their rights but don't have a clue. A good example is the video shown on this thread with the guy refusing to exit. Just last week my partner was doing an OWI arrest. Everything was going good until he was read implied consent. The driver just knew that his rights allowed him to call a lawyer before answering. His ignorance of the law and his insistence that we was violating his rights led up to him resisting and acting like a fool. He ended up with a battery charge, a resisting charge and some ER bills for minor injuries. It all could have been avoided so easily. Nothing at all wrong with knowing and exercising your rights. But make sure you actually know what you think you know before acting out.

JTScribe

Chicago Typewriter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 24, 2012
    Bartholomew County

I honestly have no idea how to respond to that, particularly being called a typical white person.

I went to a magnet school in inner-city Phoenix. The school was nearly three-quarters Hispanic with the rest being everything else. I hung out with the everything else because we were all AP students. It wasn't so much a racial divide as it was a cultural one. I have no problem with any particular race, most people in my book are pretty cool, but I have a saying that there are a*holes of every color. I don't judge a person until I actually get to know them. But yeah, I'm just a typical white guy.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

You're going to need a bigger boat to hall in that much catch!

S2_E1_Broseph_wakes_up_in_fishing_net.png

Top Bottom