• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    I am torn as to whether "Nazi", when used in the context of grammar, should be capitalized.

They've got their own banners. They should get the proper noun treatment and capitol letters.

must_resist_by_kren106-d4pb4ws.png

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    In fact, that's exactly what it means.

I don't often act as the Grammar Police, but if you want to be taken seriously you need to use the English language properly. If you're trying to make a point and it's full of misspellings, run-on sentences and improper verbiage, many of us will just laugh at it and continue on.

But hey ... if you like being laughed at and ridiculed behind your back, that's okay with me.

This kind of reminds me of the episode with d-bags and the guy that posted using English (which wasn't his natural language). There are plenty of pretty intelligent people out there with an education that isn't even close to top notch. I'm pretty sure the people ridiculing the person I mentioned in the first sentence felt like knobends when they found out they'd been basically talking trash and making fun of a man that can speak multiple languages but doesn't write the best in both, even though it was still very easy to understand what he was saying.

CTS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jun 24, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    See, here's a prime example:

grammarprob.png

Here's an advocacy group that doesn't understand the difference between "Know" and "No." What a wonderful portrayal of gun rights advocates... :rolleyes:

That same group does stuff like that all of the time.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    I may not use the correct word all the time, but my posts are always readable (not on this forum). Just because I don't use the correct tense of a word doesn't mean I don't use the English language properly. Actually, that's exactly what it means.

At least I don't post like this. Like what? That is an incomplete sentence. You need a colon.

yo i like ur forum its awesome dis is a good forum

In your title, it should be nazis, not nazi's. An apostrophe shows possession, or is used to make a contraction.

CPT Nervous

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    The Southern Bend
    The problem I have is that I read what is written. If you type the wrong word, I don't just magically assume you meant another word.

I have since read the entire thread. Most points have been covered, reps have been given and taken.

The thing I can't get over is this:

terrahautian said:
    Just because I don't use the correct tense of a word doesn't mean I don't use the English language properly

Just because I don't use the English language properly doesn't mean I don't use the English language properly.

See how ridiculous you sound?

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I wuld like too be a gremmer nazis like CPT butt I dont has the gremmer skills to corect peoples like he do.
    Ham steel learning though.

Top Bottom