• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brandon

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    SE Indy
    I graduated HS in 1968. English was not my strongest subject. I found it to be horribly boring the way it was taught. I do my best with the public education I received. It has served me well enough. Sometimes when attempting to insert humor or sarcasm I forget to use a smiley face or purple. I have been set upon by the dreaded Grammar Nazi. It reminds me of my least liked English teacher in HS. Pisses me off.
    If put to me in a fashion I can accept and learn no issues. If pushed on me to belittle on an open forum.....bite me.

-CM-

This is for me as well (except for graduating high school.)
    I have issues with the people that are just to lazy to care though. I can care less if you make a typo or miss a comma so long it appears one has made an attempt.
    If one wants to judge just me on on grammar/spelling alone, go for it and tell me where that gets you.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I may not use the correct word all the time, but my posts are always readable (not on this forum). Just because I don't use the correct tense of a word doesn't mean I don't use the English language properly.

At least I don't post like this.

yo i like ur forum its awesome dis is a good forum

In fact, that's exactly what it means.

I don't often act as the Grammar Police, but if you want to be taken seriously you need to use the English language properly. If you're trying to make a point and it's full of misspellings, run-on sentences and improper verbiage, many of us will just laugh at it and continue on.

But hey ... if you like being laughed at and ridiculed behind your back, that's okay with me.

Last edited:

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    not_sure_if_serious.jpg

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    CENTRAL
    I must be annoying. The Oatmeal is now my favorite web comic. He is a genius. Gems like:

How To Use An Apostrophe - The Oatmeal
    This
    Flesh out an idea VS flush out an idea - The Oatmeal

and ESPECIALLY THIS!
    10 Words You Need to Stop Misspelling - The Oatmeal

ETA: I just re-read the title more clearly and saw the misplaced apostrophe. The choice for the first link was accidental. (but warranted) LOL
    I found this very useful.
    How to use a semicolon - The Oatmeal

pause.png

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    This is for me as well (except for graduating high school.)
    I have issues with the people that are just too lazy to care though. I couldn't care less if you make a typo or miss a comma so long it appears one has made an attempt.
    If one wants to judge just me on on grammar/spelling alone, go for it and tell me where that gets you.

I fixed the most blatant mistakes for you. Sentence structure and word choice could also use some attention... :lmfao:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I may not use the correct word all the time, but my posts are always [STRIKE]readable[/STRIKE] legible (not on this forum). Just because I don't use the correct tense of a word doesn't mean I don't use the English language properly.

Fixed it for you!

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I may not use the correct word all the time, but my posts are always readable (not on this forum). Just because I don't use the correct tense of a word doesn't mean I don't use the English language properly.

That would be Grammar Nazis. The N is capitalized and no apostrophe before the s.

Bwaaaahahahahahaha!

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    If you are having trouble spelling, misusing synonyms and homonyms, ets, then blame your parents, teacher, your school, your school system, your local and State governments and into day's decade, the federal government. Oh, how about blaming yourself.

It really depends on the time you were in elementary school and high school on how many of the above you can blame. I am thankful I had the parents I had and when and where I was educated.

Today I blame lack of paying attention, lack of checking my work, fat finger syndrome and the fact that I can think faster than I can type. Before spell check, I would go through a paperback dictionary every two years.

The internet forums are not grammer schools. They are places to express thoughts and ideas. When someone makes errors, I can usually figure out when the person was trying to say. I suggest everyone do this. Unless you can turn in a perfectly written paper on the subject being discussed on any given form, please back off. You just may learn something.

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I like to miss spell things just to keep them on there toes. Some members only have knowledge of the English language. No real gun knowledge to offer :-)

Top Bottom