• ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Was at Walmart in Greenwood, finishing checking out. The attendant at the self-scan area was a very short man (about waist-high to me). I was walking out with my two friends, and I hear "SIR! SIR!" behind me. I see it's him, and he's waving me over.

I walk half the way, and he walks over to me saying "Look, just lift your shirt and cover up the gun." as he's saying this, he grabs my shirt with his right hand and the back of my gun with his left.

I back up fast, and say "I'm fine." I didn't feel like verbally fighting with this guy in front of my friends. He says "It's just that people get frantic!"... I said "They'll be fine" and walked away. He said behind me something ending with ".... a freaking firearm....", but I was too far away by then to hear the rest.

So yeah, a small man grabbed my gun today.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Glad he wasn't trying to take it!

What's with people thinking that its ok to just come up and touch someone's stuff (firearm or otherwise)??

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You coulda replied "I can see why, from your point of view, a freaking firearm would appear dangerous.":D

Last edited:

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    An immediate pistol whippin' was probably in order here. :cool:

Next time you go in, carry a rolled up newspaper and a squirt bottle to keep him at bay. :D

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    Does he also pull up the pants of teenagers? I would have said something to the manager, he has no right to lay hands on you or your property. A less friendly person would have hurt him. Good choice on self control.

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    Man, you went easy on him. I think I would have at the very least laid him out and called law enforcement. No telling what his intentions were based on him just grabbing...Seriously, you handled this VERY poorly, suppose he actually was going for your gun? It would have been over before you even realized it.

rbrthenderson

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 12, 2010
    The Moon
    Sounds like a great way to get on the business end of my gun.

At the very least, I would've probably smacked him.

Or you could back up with your hand on your gun and scream, "DO NOT TOUCH MY WEAPON!" :):

ThrottleJockey

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Between Greenwood and Martinsville
    He was probably just afraid that some retard would come up to you and try to grab it. It IS Walmart after all.

Seriously, good job in not breaking his face. I guess

Why, so he doesn't learn not to grab at guns? Sure leave that lesson for the next guy to teach him and hope he doesn't wind up dead. Kicking his azz would have been doing him a favor. STUPID SHOULD HURT.

IndyGal65

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Speedway, IN
    Wow, what gives him the right to grab you or your property!!?? That could have gone terribly wrong! I think I would have turned the little troll into management, but then again, that may have gone nowhere. :dunno:

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    An immediate pistol whippin' was probably in order here. :cool:

Next time you go in, carry a rolled up newspaper and a squirt bottle to keep him at bay. :D

"Hey Farva, what's that place you like to eat at with the mozzarella sticks and all the goofy **** on the walls?"

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    The angle at which this guy could even grab my 1911 would have required a good amount of straining and effort to remove it from the holster. I backed up fast enough, but there's no way he would have been able to remove it without a lot of time and questioning on my part of "What the hell are you doing?"

Top Bottom