• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Not only does my wife support my hobby of GUNS and our personal protection (wife and 2 kids), I can still smoke my cigars in the house while rubbing my .45's. How sweet it is!!!! I'm old school and can't even stand the thought of having to enjoy a stick in the garage. An enjoyable dinner, good cigar, and yelling at youngens!!!!! life is good

Last edited:

Bapak2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    But, a good wife would never make such a threat. It's not about the firearm, it's about the low esteem in which she holds her marriage. Short of cheating on her, a good wife (or husband) would never hold their marriage hostage to getting their way.

I understand your point, and agree that it is an unwise threat. But everyone exaggerates on occasion, especially when afraid or angry. I have been known to say a few stupid things from time to time myself (amazingly I even got a negative rep on here once :rolleyes:). So, cut the girl some slack. She was good enough for the guy to marry, and they have been together for several years. She deserves some respect for "time served."

Instead of getting up in her face and meeting her threat with another threat, I suggest a calm answer and quiet discussion after she has calmed down. Alleviate her fears, adapt to her concerns, talk her down from the pinnacle of fear where she is hiding. If she still won't come around, take up tae kwon do and start collecting grenades. :):

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Has anyone here ever had their wife purchase them a gun safe with instructions not to over fill it to capacity? When our safe is" full" then we have to invest in other items like video,electronics,and multiple ammo storage. We have 50 cal ammo cans for rifle, shotgun, handgun, and muzzle loading storage. Looking at HDTV as prices have dropped, and cable while affordable, maybe to see eliminated in the future. Satellite appears affordable, but is also a monthly drain on expense. It's not guns, guns, and more guns forever. Enjoy your firearms, and help the wives enjoy also. I take mine, and kids to the range on occasion so they can have some quality time and learn the sport of it.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Has anyone here ever had their wife purchase them a gun safe with instructions not to over fill it to capacity?

No but I had a wife eagerly let me buy one when I asked if she preferred to have thousands of bullets flying around if we had a fire without one.;)

Top Bottom