• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    i just have to offset my "acquisitions" with items she's interested in. I give myself a new rifle, i give her a new computer. It's a give-give relationship. Happy wife=Happy life.

smoking357

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2008
    Mindin' My Own Business
    I gave a friend his first gun. It was a 91/30. He has been married for more than 10 years and he never had anything more than a BB gun in his life He showed it to her, she would not touch it and covered her head with a blanket while I showed him how it worked.

That was Monday. I'm picking it up on Friday since his wife said "me or the gun". It is sitting in the trunk of his car since she does not want it in the house. She will not even let him park the car in the garage.

Not only do I get another gun, but I'm taking his man card.:twocents:

That's really pathetic. Covering her head with a blanket? Come the %%% on. How about "see ya"?

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    His answer should have been "fine, start packing."

Not because of the gun, but because she places such a low value on the marriage in the first place. If she's willing to end the marriage because of an inanimate object, she's got zero dedication to it in the first place.
    I hate agreeing with Joe but :+1:

coda80

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2010
    there are ways to the gun haters heart. For example, my wife was one of those NO WAY TO GUNS people. I simply bought her one first. Now that she has one she loves it and understands my purchases.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    she put a blanket over her head while you showed him how to use it?

is your friend married to an 8 year old?

Can't make this stuff up.....He called me tonight to confirm I'm picking up up in the morning........

He told me he even locked up the ammo in a separate box to honor her request that access to it would be difficult. Thankfully they have no kids. She somehow thinks the gun will load itself.....and shoot her.

Anyone want to guess who she voted for? They are a split vote couple that cancels each other out.

1943Izzy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Liberty
    The last time I went shooting the wife went along. I think at first she wasnt craxy about it but shes coming around. I was talking about selling one of mine but she said "If you sell it you'll want another one and the next one might not be as nice as the one you have."

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Let's not judge till we've walked that mile. And realistically, we never can. I hope RM and Annie will forgive me, but I'm pretty sure the whole female species, (yes, I'm pretty sure it's a seperate species, too.) is nuts. There are abberations, but on the whole, they're nuts. What ever they have going on to stay together for ten years, probably just better to stay out of it and let them work it out in their own way. OK... ladies,,, you may flame on now.

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    my wife was super against guns she wouldn't touch them or even look at them. and i told her at 6 months you can be as against them as you want, but i will always have guns no matter what and she accepted that, had she not well she would be out there with out me doing whatever. but after a year she went to the range and finally shot with me and wow all the sudden she needed her own gun and ammo and blah it just went crazy from their.

people are different and have different views but she definitely shouldn't be so closed minded, and as most have said i would have told her to go ahead and pack up then but to each his own

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    His answer should have been "fine, start packing."

Not because of the gun, but because she places such a low value on the marriage in the first place. If she's willing to end the marriage because of an inanimate object, she's got zero dedication to it in the first place.

:+1::+1::+1:

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Can't make this stuff up.....He called me tonight to confirm I'm picking up up in the morning........

He told me he even locked up the ammo in a separate box to honor her request that access to it would be difficult. Thankfully they have no kids. She somehow thinks the gun will load itself.....and shoot her.

Anyone want to guess who she voted for? They are a split vote couple that cancels each other out.

i can see not liking guns. w/e. but putting a blanket over your head is downright childish.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Anyone want to guess who she voted for? They are a split vote couple that cancels each other out.[/quote]

He should have told her then..."Cast that vote and you can pack your **** and get out." :patriot:

byggpoppa

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    NW Indy
    she must be a demon in the sack
    Not if Freud was right LOL, my favorite raging "coca cola head" ... to paraphrase states that people who show a fear of firearms / weapons are most likely sexually underdeveloped, or something along those lines... ahh the good old days when you could actually express yourself freely. Imagine if someone theorized that today.

Top Bottom