• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    I gave a friend his first gun. It was a 91/30. He has been married for more than 10 years and he never had anything more than a BB gun in his life He showed it to her, she would not touch it and covered her head with a blanket while I showed him how it worked.

That was Monday. I'm picking it up on Friday since his wife said "me or the gun". It is sitting in the trunk of his car since she does not want it in the house. She will not even let him park the car in the garage.

Not only do I get another gun, but I'm taking his man card.:twocents:

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    WOW, #1, I can't believe that somebody could be so ignorant and closed-minded about firearms (well, actually I could), and #2 I can't believe the number of people that don't know what true love is anymore. When she accepted his hand in marriage she pledged to take him good and bad, blah, blah, blah, and then she threatens to leave him because of a gun? What about loving that person for who they are and not who you want them to be.

Sorry Longbow, this isn't aimed at you... just stating the facts.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    WOW, #1, I can't believe that somebody could be so ignorant and closed-minded about firearms (well, actually I could), and #2 I can't believe the number of people that don't know what true love is anymore. When she accepted his hand in marriage she pledged to take him good and bad, blah, blah, blah, and then she threatens to leave him because of a gun? What about loving that person for who they are and not who you want them to be.

Sorry Longbow, this isn't aimed at you... just stating the facts.

I called last night and he told me to come take it back. You can tell he has been through hell. She told me thanks for taking it back and was so kind to me knowing it would be "gone" soon.

The worst I ever got from my wife is "why do you need 4 of the same guns?" and rolled eyes.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I called last night and he told me to come take it back. You can tell he has been through hell. She told me thanks for taking it back and was so kind to me knowing it would be "gone" soon.

The worst I ever got from my wife is "why do you need 4 of the same guns?" and rolled eyes.

Heh. My problem is when I get something new about half the time the GFs want one of their own. Luckily they haven't caught the 10mm fever yet :rockwoot:. I did catch my gf eyeing my new Walther PPS though (and she shoots it better than I do...)

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    His answer should have been "fine, start packing."

Not because of the gun, but because she places such a low value on the marriage in the first place. If she's willing to end the marriage because of an inanimate object, she's got zero dedication to it in the first place.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    His answer should have been "fine, start packing."

Not because of the gun, but because she places such a low value on the marriage in the first place. If she's willing to end the marriage because of an inanimate object, she's got zero dedication to it in the first place.

:+1: He just needs to remember her remark when she wants a new sewing machine or vacuum cleaner so he can use it back on her.

caddywhompus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 9, 2009
    Pendleton
    Grrrr.....My wife doesn't like my gun buying but at least she knows better than to say "me or the guns." She knows how tough it would be to live on her own. :D

leftsock

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 16, 2009
    Greenwood
    :+1: He just needs to remember her remark when she wants a new sewing machine or vacuum cleaner so he can use it back on her.

Sometimes when my wife wants a ridiculously expensive item, I pull the AK 47 ratio out. "You want a $2000 camera! I could buy four or five AK 47s for that amount!" That sometimes disarms the urge to have the pricey item, or it offers me some leverage to make a purchase for myself, though not necessarily an AK :D

CSK22

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Stoplight City
    Tell him to say "its either me or the shoes" or "its either me or the purses" or "its either me or the make up" she will leave him for being controlling.

Life aint fair, if she wants to leave him for it then I say so be it. Let her go, she must not really love him if she can't appreciate or tollerate his wants and desires.

mms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    Greenwood
    this ^^^^

but really 10 years and end it over a inanimate object ... call the bluff
    it just makes me appreciate the girl friend that i have even more

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    If there is something that I have that I don't want found, I simply hide it amongst the tools in the basement. But it won't be firearms because she's ok with all that stuff.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Well, that could have gone more smoothly. I had to approach this with my wife carefully. And to her credit, she is not the kind to hide under a blanket. Trust me on that.

Fear is powerful.

Techres

P.S. Remember, if your place gets to full there longbow, I could loan you a hand...

Top Bottom