Google is now censoring firearms-relating shopping results.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mr.steve

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Plymouth
    So, Goggle thinks they can control the gun nuts by restricting specific search data results? YouTube will be next. Goggle knows better than the Supreme Court:

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

The Supreme Court in 2008 embraced the view that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to own a gun for personal use, ruling 5 to 4 that there is a constitutional right to keep a loaded handgun at home for self-defense.

But the landmark ruling in District of Columbia v. Heller addressed only federal laws; it left open the question of whether Second Amendment rights protect gun owners from overreaching by state and local governments.

On June 28, 2010, the court ruled in another 5-4 decision that the Second Amendment restrains government's ability to significantly limit "the right to keep and bear arms." The case involved a challenge to Chicago's gun control law, regarded as among the strictest in the nation.

Writing for the court, Justice Samuel Alito said that the Second Amendment right "applies equally to the federal government and the states."

Frontier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2012
    does anyone know an email address we can start emailing and letting them know how we feel?

They're sneaky, no email, just link after link to FAQ's. This was the closest I could get to any way of openly contacting them.

Google Inc.
    1600 Amphitheatre Parkway
    Mountain View, CA 94043
    Phone: +1 650-253-0000
    Fax: +1 650-253-0001

I think I will call them after dinner.

wetidlerjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2008
    TIPTON
    I could care less. I didn't use it to shop for guns to begin with. That's just one of the down sides with "free enterprise". You don't get to control the seller or the buyer. OR, would you rather pass another law and make them change? :dunno:

mkbar80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Google shopping just gave me 14 stores for "EAG Carbine" starting at $1922. "Noveske lower" gave me several options under $200, most were from DSGarms. I think the secret is be smarter than Google when it comes to firearms. Dont search for "1911" search for "Kimber".

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    I just searched Google Shopping for AR 15, Colt 1911, and Springfield XD9 and got a few hundred hits for full weapons and parts.

Don't know what you're all talking about.

CX1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 27, 2012
    Vigo Co.
    So, Goggle thinks they can control the gun nuts by restricting specific search data results?

I think you may be over-reaching/reacting. This is only in their new commercial shopping model. And it applies to many other product types, not just firearm/weapon related items.
    As a per click service like this is seeming to evolve into would this not open any advertiser of 'disliked' products such as firearms to campaigns of click attacks where those against a product can simply click and basically cost the disliked company money every time. A daily click by thousands of people could add up pretty quickly even if the cost of the individual click was small.
    Perhaps firearm dealers are actually being saved from this type of campaign.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I figured it out. It's not Google that's doing it. It's your browser.

I ran my first search in Google's Chrome browser and it all worked just fine. Searched the same thing in Internet Explorer and got no search results found for the same search strings I ran earlier. I didn't check Firefox but IE is blocking those search results.

If you're using IE...well, you're obviously not a "computer person" but you should switch to something that isn't garbage.

ETA: I'm still laughing at some of the tin-foil hat squad posts.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I figured it out. It's not Google that's doing it. It's your browser.

I ran my first search in Google's Chrome browser and it all worked just fine. Searched the same thing in Internet Explorer and got no search results found for the same search strings I ran earlier. I didn't check Firefox but IE is blocking those search results.

If you're using IE...well, you're obviously not a "computer person" but you should switch to something that isn't garbage.

ETA: I'm still laughing at some of the tin-foil hat squad posts.
    LOL. HAHAHAHA

Did you actually check Google shopping or Google Search? The results on Google Shopping don't show firearms. Google search works just fine. Maybe you need to read a little farther in the thread?

BearArms

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2008
    On Google Shopping I did just get a bunch of results for "PPS Magazine" and AR15 Lower.

However I recieved no results for M&P or a bunch of other stuff.

VikingWarlord

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 1, 2012
    Noblesville
    Yes, I did. I went directly to shopping and searched for the things I mentioned in the last post in Chrome and got hundreds of pages. Then I did it again in IE and got nothing.

First screen shot is Chrome, second is IE.

Chrome.jpg

IE.jpg

So...you were saying?

Top Bottom