Google is now censoring firearms-relating shopping results.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    ugh! Bing Shopping SUCKS by comparison. GS was returning 15 merchants yesterday for my upcoming M&P 15 purchase (pause for your jealousy :)). Bing Shopping only returns one for the 30-round mag model and the results are so scattered and disorganized. Like all Bing searches.

I'm getting it from a local dealer this weekend so it doesn't matter for this purchase but it is a stable comparison.
    It may stink, but if Google wants me to use Bing I guess I'll use Bing.

Dry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    That would be naive. Bing is Microsoft and the front tool of MSNBC. They are all the same, Google being better and more successful. Who needs Google Shopping anyway. Not us! And if we jerked knees every time a big corporation rubs us the wrong way... Let's see. No shopping at Sears (dropped guns long ago). That means no K-Mart, right. No Walmart (dropped out of gun sales almost, now two-stepping back in). No trips to Chicago or D.C. And so on. I happen to think buying Citgo gasoline from Hugo Chavez is worse than using Google.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 6, 2012
    Mishawaka
    If everyone submits feedback we can make a bunch of noise about it (maybe to no avail)..

Click on the 'good idea' part and send them something like " I think it would be a good idea to stop omitting firearms and related products from google shopping results"

Just flood these f**ktards. Might be ignored, might not.

Anything can help

japartridge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 20, 2011
    Bloomington
    HAHAHAHAHA!!!

I figured it out. It's not Google that's doing it. It's your browser.

I ran my first search in Google's Chrome browser and it all worked just fine. Searched the same thing in Internet Explorer and got no search results found for the same search strings I ran earlier. I didn't check Firefox but IE is blocking those search results.

If you're using IE...well, you're obviously not a "computer person" but you should switch to something that isn't garbage.

ETA: I'm still laughing at some of the tin-foil hat squad posts.

Firefox has the same results as IE....

Dry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    Fired Google. Man you are in your own world. You never hired Google in the first place. It doesn't cost a penny to use, free for all.

Hello Bing. That is, hello MSN (read MSNBC --- NBC). Shall we start recalling their attitude toward the 2nd Amendment. Or toward the stand-your-ground laws.

But OK, full speed ahead on non-google search. You know it will cost you some pocket change, because you will likely get fewer bargain leads online. It will also cost you time, because it will take longer to find exactly what you want. And then, who knows, shopping for an anniversary gift, you might just google it...

If anyone should be "fired" before Google, that's eBay. It doesn't allow even mentioning AR15 by name. (Got me a strike for non-compliance)

I would suggest using Google for all your needs, lock stock and barrel. It's ad money for them, and money talks, to them nothing else does.

Drakkule

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Butler,IN. 46721
    Fired Google. Man you are in your own world. You never hired Google in the first place. It doesn't cost a penny to use, free for all.

Hello Bing. That is, hello MSN (read MSNBC --- NBC). Shall we start recalling their attitude toward the 2nd Amendment. Or toward the stand-your-ground laws.

But OK, full speed ahead on non-google search. You know it will cost you some pocket change, because you will likely get fewer bargain leads online. It will also cost you time, because it will take longer to find exactly what you want. And then, who knows, shopping for an anniversary gift, you might just google it...

If anyone should be "fired" before Google, that's eBay. It doesn't allow even mentioning AR15 by name. (Got me a strike for non-compliance)

I would suggest using Google for all your needs, lock stock and barrel. It's ad money for them, and money talks, to them nothing else does.
    I got an email from ebay stating that gun related items/parts are now being allowed to be sold. Guess they are paying attention to the changing thoughts in the U.S. about that type of thing.

Dry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    I got an email from ebay stating that gun related items/parts are now being allowed to be sold. Guess they are paying attention to the changing thoughts in the U.S. about that type of thing.

You can sell non-essential parts. You cannot say AR15. The euphemisms currently in use are AR, mil-spec, black rifle, Stoner, etc. How do I know? Trust me on this one.

armedindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    Your search - ar 15 - did not match any shopping results.

Suggestions:

Make sure all words are spelled correctly.
    Try different keywords.
    Try more general keywords.
    Try fewer keywords.
    Search Results

gonna change my homepage and write an email

Delmar

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 2, 2009
    Goshen IN
    That would be naive. Bing is Microsoft and the front tool of MSNBC. They are all the same, Google being better and more successful. Who needs Google Shopping anyway. Not us! And if we jerked knees every time a big corporation rubs us the wrong way... Let's see. No shopping at Sears (dropped guns long ago). That means no K-Mart, right. No Walmart (dropped out of gun sales almost, now two-stepping back in). No trips to Chicago or D.C. And so on. I happen to think buying Citgo gasoline from Hugo Chavez is worse than using Google.
    Do you have another alternative in mind? If Google won't let me use Google I have to use something.

Dry

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2012
    There is no need to find one. Google still works. There is apparently some confusion about what Google is censoring. It wants to censor Google Shopping. It is a function separate from Google Web. To search for firearms, or anything at all for sale, you don't need Google Shopping. It was created as an optional shopper's tool, but also to promote merchants that advertise on Google.

Just googled "glock sale". Everything came up in order - budsgunshop, glockstore, gunbroker, the usual frontrunners. Again, that's Google Web, the main page, NOT Google Shopping.

Speaking of. Anyone shooting Glock Foundation match this weekend at Eagle Creek? Don't mean to hijack thread, just by the way.

Top Bottom