Goodbye Amazon its been a nice relationship...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Amazon has screwed the pooch, killed the golden goose, <insert your own euphemism here>....

1. They have raised the Amazon Prime rate again.

2. They have been relentless with the anti-gun bigot politics, offending a very large part of the population by removing firearm accessories from their listings.

3. They have screwed around with their shipping costs. (Search for recent class action lawsuit).

So... So long Amazon, so long to the 2 day shipping. So long to UPS and FedEx and all those deliveries. So long to actually using their feedback system. I used it regularly when researching an item to purchase. So long to paying that little extra in IN sales tax (I was ok with it).

In the scope and enormity of the elephant Amazon, my little self boycott means nothing. BUT, if I could only get 10 people to also boycott and cancel their Prime accounts and they could get 10 more it may send a tiny message.

I'm sorry all you little Amazon supplier/vendors but we will not be purchasing from you either. Tell Amazon that you will be loosing customers (even though Amazon doesn't give a ****).

Its near spring and spring time is for new beginnings.

Our on-line love affair was great but its time to move on...

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Somewhere, in some corner office, Jeff Bezos is crying. I ordered with our prime account yesterday, free two-day delivery (not shipping, actual delivery time) on a $31 order. Love it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I am not mindless.

I like Amazon. I am not a prime member, but I order off their site all the time.

You really think I aimed that at you.....:dunno:

Seriously not. You know who I speak of.

I have some business connections that are removing themselves from Amazon at the prime level for the very reasons mentioned by the OP. I did order a few movies from them a while back. They came in on time. I do not like the blast of advertising I received after that small order. It was insane.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    You really think I aimed that at you.....:dunno:

Seriously not. You know who I speak of.

I have some business connections that are removing themselves from Amazon at the prime level for the very reasons mentioned by the OP. I did order a few movies from them a while back. They came in on time. I do not like the blast of advertising I received after that small order. It was insane.

I knew you didn't aim that at me, don't worry. I was playing.

I do like Amazon a lot though.

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    I am not mindless.

I like Amazon. I am not a prime member, but I order off their site all the time.

Search about Amazons anti-gun policy and how it has affected vendors (and us the consumer) in the past couple years and it might change the way you think about "Amazon". We also enjoyed what Amazon has created but they let their politics drive their business model.

I choose to not spend my $ with an anti-gun bigot business.

Ruger-9mm

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 4, 2014
    Out and about
    Keyword being 'mindless'...

I'm not mindless, and I'm keeping my Prime. Seems like a lot of folks forget that Amazon is a private business, and they can sell whatever they want. It is their right, you might say. Like your right to carry a firearm, or to make a blanket statement about others online. If they don't want to sell gun parts or accessories, that is their choice. Truth be told, I'd rather take that money to the good folks at BG Firearms and support a local business with folks behind the counter who know their business. BGF has their uses, and Amazon has theirs. I wouldn't go to BGF to buy computer parts, and then get mad at them and cry foul because they don't carry them. That would be rather mindless.

If it rustles your jimmies sufficiently that Amazon doesn't sell what you want, remember that you are free to take your money where ever you wish. No one is holding a gun to your head and forcing you to order from them. This is a free country, after all.

And as far as Amazon raising the price on Prime, it's probably been too long for them to not have raised it. With the costs of fuel and shipping going up, not to mention the absurd fees the movie folks are charging Amazon for sreaming rights. They have to do something to keep making some money off of Prime. But as far as everyone else goes, maybe you ought to think before you paint with such a broad bush.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    Search about Amazons anti-gun policy and how it has affected vendors (and us the consumer) in the past couple years and it might change the way you think about "Amazon". We also enjoyed what Amazon has created but they let their politics drive their business model.

It's their business and right to do what they want. That doesn't bother me.

I never shop for firearm related items on Amazon anyway. I go to my local gun shop for that.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'll buy movies and books from amazon. And, I have bought clothes and workout supplements and parts for my jeep because it was cheaper thru Amazon.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I've also bought wood working tools and items as well.

And as far as being anti-gun, well even after what Dicks Sporting Goods did, I still shop there. Reason being, I don't go to Dicks for firearm items. I go for the gym equipment and clothes.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Apparently "mindless"=does not agree with CM.

Again.....really. Where did that come from. I hope that was a humorous jab SD 2
    I refer to folks who just do instead of look. If there are better/less expensive options to be had then they have to (1)..look for them..(2) re-train in the use of the keyboard...(3) equals putting forth some effort.
    That is what I am referring to.
    Any individual that chooses to use them I am OK with. Just saying there is a large group of folks that are used to the program and stay with it.
    My wife has a very good friend that works for the Amazon locally in a high position. She hates the company. Hates it.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I've also bought wood working tools and items as well.

And as far as being anti-gun, well even after what Dicks Sporting Goods did, I still shop there. Reason being, I don't go to Dicks for firearm items. I go for the gym equipment and clothes.

I really miss Galyans.....Seriously miss them.

Top Bottom