• ...and so much more!
  • tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I've gone to the ER because of a wasp before. They all die if I see them.

I admit to being a speciesist(?) on this one. :laugh:
    Same here for my wife.. we bought a venom extractor. Basically sucks the venom out. Bee sting kit even a epi pen. She carries it everyday. The dr gave her one.
    I got hit earlier this year in the middle of the back on the spine. That one had me worried couldn’t get my breath and felt like someone was choking me for about a minute and was gone. Went to the dr. later that month and got read the riot act but when I was stung I was mushroom hunting about 3 miles in the Salamonie reservoir.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Same here for my wife.. we bought a venom extractor. Basically sucks the venom out. Bee sting kit even a epi pen. She carries it everyday. The dr gave her one.
    I got hit earlier this year in the middle of the back on the spine. That one had me worried couldn’t get my breath and felt like someone was choking me for about a minute and was gone. Went to the dr. later that month and got read the riot act but when I was stung I was mushroom hunting about 3 miles in the Salamonie reservoir.

I had an epi pen for years, but the prices got crazy and I've never had a anaphylactic reaction so I stopped getting them. I've never even heard of a venom extractor before. That's something I absolutely should look into.

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville
    I had an epi pen for years, but the prices got crazy and I've never had a anaphylactic reaction so I stopped getting them. I've never even heard of a venom extractor before. That's something I absolutely should look into.
    They use it for snake bites, too, so if you get stung on the @$$ you don’t have to see how good of friends you have…

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I think she got it on Amazon. I will look for you.
    I have an extra epi pen box if anyone is ok with “wants “ the box .. their still may be one in the box. I might forget to take it out... I really need to find somewhere to donate this if anyone could help me in the right direction. It would be appreciated

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    I think she got it on Amazon. It’s called the bug bite thing.
    I have an extra epi pen box if anyone is ok with “wants “ the box .. their still may be one in the box. I might forget to take it out... I really need to find somewhere to donate this if anyone could help me in the right direction. It would be appreciated

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    I’d like to have an Epi pen around just in case something happens, but the prices keep me from doing that. I’m not allergic that I know of, but I was only stung once and I swelled up like a softball. Of course mom just taped ice to my leg and I went back outside.

I did buy a venom extractor years ago. Hell, Walmart used to have them. I fished streams a lot and some days in some spots you’ll come across a lot of snakes, so being that far from a vehicle I thought it’d be a good investment. Wasn’t very much either.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I think she got it on Amazon. I will look for you.

I just ordered this one...

...mostly because it looks like it has breast pump cups in the kit which should be hilarious to explain to anyone if I ever actually need the kit. Most of that kind of stuff I keep in my "preps" totes, so, the joke could be handy in a power outage too. :laugh:

I appreciate the offer, btw, but I would legitimately be taking it out of the hands of someone that could use it. I've been stung at least a dozen times in my life and never even got close to thinking I'd need one.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I’d like to have an Epi pen around just in case something happens, but the prices keep me from doing that. I’m not allergic that I know of, but I was only stung once and I swelled up like a softball. Of course mom just taped ice to my leg and I went back outside.

I did buy a venom extractor years ago. Hell, Walmart used to have them. I fished streams a lot and some days in some spots you’ll come across a lot of snakes, so being that far from a vehicle I thought it’d be a good investment. Wasn’t very much either.

Sounds like you should get allergy tested, which is a great time. By the time they got the venom dosage high enough to get me to react, they were almost ready to start putting shots in my legs. I think I had something like 42 shots in a single sitting. They circled them all with a sharpie too so I looked like the worst game of tic-tac-toe in history upon leaving the clinic.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Sounds like you should get allergy tested, which is a great time. By the time they got the venom dosage high enough to get me to react, they were almost ready to start putting shots in my legs. I think I had something like 42 shots in a single sitting. They circled them all with a sharpie too so I looked like the worst game of tic-tac-toe in history upon leaving the clinic.
    Shots? I thought it was like a pad they stuck to your back or something? My ENT was gonna do an allergy test cause I have constant post nasal drip and throat gets dry because of it but I didn’t think it was shots

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Shots? I thought it was like a pad they stuck to your back or something? My ENT was gonna do an allergy test cause I have constant post nasal drip and throat gets dry because of it but I didn’t think it was shots

I'm sure there are different tests for different allergies. In the most basic sense, they were replicating bee stings on me so that was the process they used.

This would have been over 30 years ago too... Maybe now they just use witchcraft?

8iHo6te.gif

EyeCarry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 10, 2014
    Bloomington
    A sting takes me out of the game for at least 3 days. My entire limb will swell up to about double size and the amount of benedryl to keep it under control knocks me out solid. That's from a single sting. I've never been hit with multiples.

The ER visit was a sting in the neck. No one was sure if my neck would swell up and close my airway. It didn't, but I can tell you what a fun time it is sitting in an ER and wondering if someone is about to slit your throat...

The last sting I got was on the big toe of my right foot. Being the furthest extremity from my heart, the swelling wasn't horrible, but it took months to fully heal and I still have a scar some 5 years later.

With wasps, I kill at will. Best I've done in one day is several thousand. You'd think I'd have a reputation by now and they'd leave me alone, but noooo....
    Anyone else here use ammonia on your bee stings? Put a little bit on a cotton swab and hold it on the stung area. The sooner after being stung the better. Never use ammonia near your eyes!

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Anyone else here use ammonia on your bee stings? Put a little bit on a cotton swab and hold it on the stung area. The sooner after being stung the better. Never use ammonia near your eyes!

I've used it for mosquito bites a million times, but in the format of an "after bite" stick. They don't make the ammonia formula anymore, but it worked awesome.

I'm sure for normal people it would work for bee stings. It wouldn't do much to help my problems. I react to the pain like anyone else (comes and goes quickly), then I swell up like I chewed some Willy Wonka gum...

external-content.duckduckgo.com.gif

Top Bottom