• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DesertDoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Glock 19 is a great gun for the things you want it to do. I would strongly recommend you take a safety course to familiarize yourself with firearms in general. Or take a defensive pistol class. Good luck and have fun,.

Lanser

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Evansville
    I see a lot of "G19" answers, but remember that it isn't much smaller than a full-sized gun, and may not conceal under something small like a T-shirt. Something that can double as either a compact or a subcompact, like the M&P compact or the XD subcompact, would be my recommendation.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    I have no problem concealing a 4" XD under a T-shirt. G19 is a bit smaller. A lot depends on how and where you carry and your body type.

luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    Look at the Kahr CW9 for one of the thin and light carry guns in 9mm. Michianna, member of INGO, helped me get one for under $500.

beez1954

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Congrats on your purchase.

Thank goodness you didn't handle a Hi-Power or you would still be gunless.

Greg

smccabe17

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2008
    Lawrenceburg
    Glock 19, I have used one through Tactical Response's Fighting Pistol and had no problems. The gun I brought crapped out on me. After doing a force on force course, I would not want a pistol with an external safety on it. Just keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to destroy what you are aiming at. I am in the process of selling off all my other pistols except one to just have glocks.

Last edited:

johnwaynes44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2009
    Brownsburg, Indiana
    Get a .45 1911 instead. A commander or officer size frame is great for CC. The .45 acp is a much better all around caliber than the 9mm. It has great stopping power for your home security needs. The 1911 design is about as simple to operate and tear down as any firearm ever designed. Both the commander and the officer frames offer great accuracy with practice. If you are looking for the best all around gun, look no further than .45...Stick with Springfield Armory, Colt, S&W... All are fine manufacturers and offer very nice entry level guns. Good luck!

Archaic_Entity

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    I'm going to agree with the CZ-P01. It was my first pistol purchase. I got one without any safeties, but a decocker. It's a very, very comfortable and reliable weapon. I have fired a few other 9mm, the Glock19, a Beretta, and some others that I can't recall off the top of my head. Out of all of them, I've enjoyed my CZ the most. Of course, it's all personal opinion, though.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    CZ. Czechnology. Czech it out.

I spent my part of the Cold War on a cold hilltop in Germany making sure a guided missile could shoot down the wave of aircraft the Soviets were going to send through Czechoslavakia, when the SHTF. Now a Czech pistol (CZ 9mm P01) rests against my side, making sure anyone who wants to harm any good folks in my traveling radius have a reason to NOT. Is that irony? I'm not sure, but I'm sure that my CZ will go bang when I pull the trigger, and I'm sure that if only I were capable, it could choose which of the bad guy's eyes the bullet would go through, and it's pretty to boot - like with a wife is not really important, but, like, nice. You know?

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I had to sell my .380 for financial reasons, but I put money down on a Bersa 9mm Ultracompact Pro at BG Firearms. 13+1, 2 mags, safety/decocker, in a frame that isn't much larger than my .380 was.

They are asking $359 for it. Great value and a great gun. Can't wait!

(here is a size comparison with a Glock 23)
    picture.php

Rogercaruthers

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2009
    Cannot go wrong with the Springfield xdm . Its like having a glock and a 1911 together. Very reliable and hey, its never bad to have a high capacity!

Top Bottom