• ...and so much more!
  • December 2011 Gold Price

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    I made a post in a sports forum in their "everything else" forum back in September and I predicted that physical Gold and moreover physical silver were where you want to be in 2011. When I made the post, gold was at $1,260.00 and silver was at $18.15 :--))
    Gold will hit $2,000+ this year and Silver will slowly go to a 10:1 ratio of gold in the next 12 months or so. Gold is hoarded, but silver is used...hence, supply and demand = price increase! Both prices will increase as the dollar goes down...but silver will go parabolic soon.

I agree that prices will still climb, I just don't know about 10:1 gold/silver ratio. I'd be sweating to hang on at 20:1 because 10:1 has never been seen before. Not even the last time when silver hit $50 an ounce after market manipulation via the Hunt brothers... If silver keeps climbing faster than platinum (which the auto industry disruption should eventually hit platinum prices), I'd be watching platinum and looking for opportunities to make a good trade some of the silver to platinum.

DodgebyDave

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Gold doesn't increase or decrease in value, it's those worthless FRN's that are fluctuating.

I am holding both gold and silver physical.

If you don't hold it, you don't own it.

Besides that, it's never too late to buy in. The physical price will continue to increase until the FRN's collapse. (some would argue that has happened already)

These dudes know what I wish I did.

Gold is Money - The Premier Gold and Silver Forum – Goldismoney

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    100 years of the Fed destroying our currency is becoming too big to cover up and the end of the Great Keynesian Experiment is upon us. As bad as things are probably going to get, I'm kind of glad, as it will be an opportunity (although forced) for us to address and fix our own problems and our kids will not be forced to deal with our problems.
    "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day that my child may have peace." - Thomas Paine

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    “Regardless of the dollar price involved, one ounce of gold would purchase a good-quality man’s suit at the conclusion of the Revolutionary War, the Civil War, the presidency of Franklin Roosevelt, and today.” – Peter A. Bushre

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    O.k. So its higher than ever! Why buy it when its high? Isn't this counter-productive? Wouldn't you want to buy when its low, stockpile, and sell when its high or keep around for the day that our dollar is dead? Then do, who knows what with it because it won't be worth anything at that point because the green backs in our pockets are worthless!

BTW, I know all the answers to these question, this is just more of a rant on how messed up things are becoming. Oh yeah, we are coming out the recession!

ElsiePeaRN

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 18, 2011
    Eastern Indiana
    I'm not selling now. The biggest problem to selling it now is answering "where would you put your cash then?"

For the last few years, I've been utilizing Harry Borwne's permanent portfolio. He identified the following four states of the economy, and corresponding optimal investment assets:
    • Prosperity. In times of prosperity, stocks perform well. According to the principle of diversification, he recommended (as do most experts) investment in passively managed mutual funds or ETFs that track broad market indicies.
    • Inflation. In times of strong inflation, when the purchasing power of our paper currency is being eroded (and in times of political or currency crisis), gold does well. He recommended owning physical gold, although owning it in a more convenient alternative (such as an ETF) is also acceptable.
    • Deflation. In times of deflation, when interest rates and prices are dropping, the value of bonds increase. The sensitivity of bond prices to such conditions is a function of the bond duration — the longer the better. Furthermore, we need to be holding bonds that can’t be called. In such times, we therefore need to be holding long-term government bonds — e.g. 20 year US treasury bonds.
    • Recession. In times of recession, almost all investments decline. During such times, we need a cash cushion to sustain ourselves, and with which to buy up those other assets that are temporarily dropping in value.
    Browne recommended that we divide our savings equally among those four assets, and periodically sell those that are doing well, and buy those that are doing poorly — a critical process known as “rebalancing” — in order to maintain that equal 25% distribution of savings across each.

I'm no invenstment expert, but this seems to make sense to me.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Fail-Safe-Investing-Lifelong-Financial-Security/dp/031226321X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304119350&sr=8-1[/ame] (Link to his book, Failsafe Investing)

Top Bottom