• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

seanamus

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    I purchased about 10k worth 1.5 years ago maybe I should sell? Its all raw
    sell half and keep half, spend half of the money from selling it on goods (guns ammo food housing whatever you want) save the other half of money for future purchases when/if metals go back down, wish i had 10 k about two years ago to invest in silver :(

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Is it that PM's (silver is actually surpassing gold in growth percentage) are increasing in value or the dollar is decreasing compared to them? An 1800 $20 gold piece is the same size and has 1 oz of gold as the 1900 $20 gold piece. 100 years, no difference in price. Take the same coin today, over $1500. I don't view PM's as much an investment as I do as a store of wealth against our sociopathic government that devalujing the dollar and is printing and spending America into ruin. Do the math!

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Is it that PM's (silver is actually surpassing gold in growth percentage) are increasing in value or the dollar is decreasing compared to them? An 1800 $20 gold piece is the same size and has 1 oz of gold as the 1900 $20 gold piece. 100 years, no difference in price. Take the same coin today, over $1500. I don't view PM's as much an investment as I do as a store of wealth against our sociopathic government that devalujing the dollar and is printing and spending America into ruin. Do the math!

This is a good point. Do you think the same thing is happening with gas prices? I don't follow financial markets enough to know the answer to this.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana

Thats what I've been told. Golds not going up,the dollar has went down that much. Buying power.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana

I would only do that if I needed cash. I'm in a different boat. I have a PRA account ,I'm afaid of losing,if I cash it in I have to give my adviser 26k and then pay taxes. PM's are so high,I'm afraid to invest in it now too. You can only buy so many guns and ammo,plus food,cloths,tillers ,gas,ect.
    I never thought retirement would be so stressful. The market is so up and down I havent broke even from the last down turn. Talk about SHTF,its been hitting it since 2008.

I'd think gold and silver would be better than paper money though.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I would sell enough to recoup your original cash investment, then keep the rest.

With all due respect, but why exchange an increasing ACTUAL asset for a depreciating form of fiat? People have to start looking at "money" a different way than what they have been conditioned to. "Full faith and credit" on a worthless piece of paper as "money" that is being printed as fast as they can run the presses backed up by the integrity of what, the "integrity" of our current government!!!!! There is no Rule of Law anymore; GM, Chrysler, Cash for Clunkers, TBTF bank bailouts, ZERO prosecution of the sub-prime housing rape, Fannie, Freddie, TARP, TANF, QE1, QE2 ....... the next few months are going to be interesting.

God, gold (silver), guns and groceries are paramount for the immediate future. If I'm wrong, you're still stocked up for your spiritual, physical and financial needs, win/win! :popcorn:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield

Depending on when you bought in 2009 or early 2010 your 10k should be a lot closer to 30k now.

As for selling now... It has been rising pretty steady. As long as we have inflation and fear, gold and silver should stay strong. The weather man didn't say anything about an 80% chance of full economic recovery in the 7 day forecast so I don't think there is any harm in riding in out for a while longer. Just make sure the Hunt Brothers aren't at it again.

If you did want to selling a little, don't sit on the cash. As long as the Fed keeps flooding the markets the USD is going to keep slipping. I'm still wondering how far inflation will go due to the mess with excess reserve balances.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    With all due respect, but why exchange an increasing ACTUAL asset for a depreciating form of fiat? People have to start looking at "money" a different way than what they have been conditioned to. "Full faith and credit" on a worthless piece of paper as "money" that is being printed as fast as they can run the presses backed up by the integrity of what, the "integrity" of our current government!!!!! There is no Rule of Law anymore; GM, Chrysler, Cash for Clunkers, TBTF bank bailouts, ZERO prosecution of the sub-prime housing rape, Fannie, Freddie, TARP, TANF, QE1, QE2 ....... the next few months are going to be interesting.

God, gold (silver), guns and groceries are paramount for the immediate future. If I'm wrong, you're still stocked up for your spiritual, physical and financial needs, win/win! :popcorn:

oh I agree with you about currency going down the drain, but you also cant eat gold. there is a point when too much will be worthless. I would invest the cash in other preps. I just didnt get too far into detail with what I meant. I agree its gonna get wild shortly

sbcman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 29, 2010
    Southwest Indiana
    I'm not selling now. The biggest problem to selling it now is answering "where would you put your cash then?"

CD? My bank offered a 7-year CD a few weeks ago at a whopping 3.94%. No thanks.

Stock markets- no way I'm I going any heavier in it. It performed well today, but so did gold. I think gold will continue to climb with minor corrections. Stocks- who knows.

Land? Possibly if you can grab it to lease. Selling is still problematic.

Seems best just to hold a least a while longer.

rooster007

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    KINGDOM OF CLERMONT
    This past Saturday , I spent at the LDS Cannery , No I'm not Morman , No I didn't put on any magic underwear . Sorry that was for all of you christian hating , liberal , what ever you are . I had some very interesting conversation with folks from all over the Midwest. But the only advice I can give most of you , is you had better start stocking up on a few basic food items . I really hate it when the kids look up at me and say I'm HUNGRY.

WORD TO THE WISE

SGT Bull

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2011
    N.W. Indiana
    I made a post in a sports forum in their "everything else" forum back in September and I predicted that physical Gold and moreover physical silver were where you want to be in 2011. When I made the post, gold was at $1,260.00 and silver was at $18.15 :--))
    Gold will hit $2,000+ this year and Silver will slowly go to a 10:1 ratio of gold in the next 12 months or so. Gold is hoarded, but silver is used...hence, supply and demand = price increase! Both prices will increase as the dollar goes down...but silver will go parabolic soon.

Top Bottom