• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville
    Actually Fenway I cant seem to find that thread about the viruses, did you delete that?

I wonder why INGO would delete a thread about viruses on INGO.... maybe they are afraid someone might sue them for a payday eh?

"Your website infected my work network, the bill to clean it out is XXXX, plus worktime lost etc etc etc".

Dont say it couldnt happen. :)

It would fall flat on it's face, as do the vast majority of baseless lawsuits. The party that filed suit would likely incur all court costs, and get nothing.

When a lawsuit has a reasonable claim, however....

See how this works? If you don't give an employee a reasonable cause for suit - the vast majority of the time they go nowhere.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Please tell me you're not using the McDonald's coffee lady lawsuit in a dismissive manner.

Because the people who do use this case in a dismissive manner have zero idea about what that particular lawsuit was about. Hint folks: It wasn't about simply spilling hot coffee on one's self.

-J-

the1kidd03

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    somewhere
    Because the people who do use this case in a dismissive manner have zero idea about what that particular lawsuit was about. Hint folks: It wasn't about simply spilling hot coffee on one's self.

-J-
    Indeed. Part of why I had to do an extensive case study on it. ;)

Sense of humor is lost today apparently

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010

-J-

Yep. The same is true of the common believe on the state of tort litigation in America.

SaintsNSinners

Shooter
    Rating - 94.1%
    16   1   0
    Mar 3, 2012
    At Work in Indy
    I do not believe that no. I believe he got fired. I believe he wants a payday.

Thats it.

I dont like folks who want a payday because they got fired.

Been there, done that, paid the lawyers, didnt get the coffee cup.

Your right its about a payday was friday and I didnt get paid. Should have been paid but was not. Now I am behind on a rent bill.

So Yes Part of the Lawsuit is about a payday. the Part about Illegal witholding of Wages.

The rest of the lawsuit is about righting a wrong. In this case blatant disregard of the law. Its about changing midesets and business practices. Some business's have said they dont care and wont change for this law unless they are forced.

There is a point somewhere of tranquility between firearms owners and employers. This is a common ground of preservation and self defense that we must find. Business Owners have the right to protect their employees and businesses, but the employee's also have the right to self defense and preservation of life to and from work.

These laws were an attempt to bridge those common grounds into an Im Ok you're OK situation. Firearms owners did not feel defenseless in their travels to and from work, Business owners were still allowed to keep firearms out of the physical workplace; and were covered from liability as well specifically.

Some business owners have embraced the concept and others through ignorance and/or willful disregard have refused to adapt to the new laws.

This lawsuit is hopefully the last building block in the quest for tranquility amongst employers and firearm owning employee's. Its time to open the eyes and educate those left holding out. I am ok and they will be too.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove

Thats it.

So you disagree with the law as it is written?

thebishopp

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 26, 2010
    Indiana

Thats it.

- Proving the point once again that "misery loves company".

Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    Your right its about a payday was friday and I didnt get paid. Should have been paid but was not. Now I am behind on a rent bill.

So Yes Part of the Lawsuit is about a payday. the Part about Illegal witholding of Wages.

The rest of the lawsuit is about righting a wrong. In this case blatant disregard of the law. Its about changing midesets and business practices. Some business's have said they dont care and wont change for this law unless they are forced.

There is a point somewhere of tranquility between firearms owners and employers. This is a common ground of preservation and self defense that we must find. Business Owners have the right to protect their employees and businesses, but the employee's also have the right to self defense and preservation of life to and from work.

These laws were an attempt to bridge those common grounds into an Im Ok you're OK situation. Firearms owners did not feel defenseless in their travels to and from work, Business owners were still allowed to keep firearms out of the physical workplace; and were covered from liability as well specifically.

Some business owners have embraced the concept and others through ignorance and/or willful disregard have refused to adapt to the new laws.

This lawsuit is hopefully the last building block in the quest for tranquility amongst employers and firearm owning employee's. Its time to open the eyes and educate those left holding out. I am ok and they will be too.

Have you returned all their property such as uniforms, badges, anything else they gave you while working for them? I know alot of companies hold your paycheck until such items are turned in.

Last edited:

mkbar80

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 3, 2008
    Let me preface this by saying I hope Mr. Relford brings this case to a successful outcome, but if the Indystar story is accurate I have some IANAL questions about the application of current satutes.

By having the rifle 'out' of the vehicle to show another person and then negligently disharging the weapon....would the employer not be placed in a position of liability? It seems that at the point of the ND he has become a safety liability to those around him. How much protection from statute would the OP still have after this??

From what I have gathered, the employer is also guilty of poorly handling this issue. If you were going to fire him for the ND, then do it right then. It would also seem prudent to pay a person for all days worked regardless of grounds for termination.

What seemed pretty clear cut, gets a lot murkier to me, if the ND story is accurate. I have a lot more questions given that article....but it is the RedStar:dunno:

Top Bottom