• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    In my experience, security contractors tend to be very cavalier about their treatment or maltreatment of employees.

BigMoose

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 14, 2012
    Indianapolis
    They stole his damn wages! Forget everything else.. that is a pretty basic no no and -should- draw a suit anytime. The new law would have made an interesting test of the new statute, but when they withheld his last check.... that was plain stupid.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Fixed it for ya.

Sure whatever.
    So.. what exactly is your issue with what took place regarding the OP's particular incident and it's aftermath?

Are your trying to say that he intentionally set up his former employer and tricked them into violating the law so he could get himself fired and collect a pay day?

I'm just trying to figured out what the beef is. :dunno:

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    So.. what exactly is your issue with what took place regarding the OP's particular incident and it's aftermath?

Are your trying to say that he intentionally set up his former employer and tricked them into violating the law so he could get himself fired and collect a pay day?

I'm just trying to figured out what the beef is. :dunno:

We are only hearing one side of the story.

I have been on the OTHER side of this story many, many times.

Lawsuits are not for "justice" they are for "money".

And thats pretty much it. If the employer does so much as BREATH wrong, the lawyers come out so that everyone can "Get theirs".

It pretty much sucks being an "employer" rather than an "employee" in this country.

Its pretty obvious to me thats whats going on here, trying to be covered up as "fighting for truth, justice and the 2nd amendment."

Its about $$$.

If I am wrong, I am wrong.

PROVE me wrong, and give all the money to the NRA, and I will believe you truly are a hero.

Otherwise, you are a money grubbing gold digger, in my eyes.

Do you know what some of us do when we lose a job? We suck it up, walk away like a man and get a new one. Our first thought is not "Hey, if I get a laywer I can really stick it to my former employer and get a ton of cash."

But thats an old fashioned idea these days.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Do you know what some of us do when we lose a job? We suck it up, walk away like a man and get a new one. Our first thought is not "Hey, if I get a laywer I can really stick it to my former employer and get a ton of cash."
    It's not like he is sueing over something entirely frivolous. There was a very speciffic law broken here and he is now out of his job because of that. It's not like it's some bs "sexual harrassment" charge.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Jeffersonville

And thats pretty much it. If the employer does so much as BREATH wrong, the lawyers come out so that everyone can "Get theirs".

It pretty much sucks being an "employer" rather than an "employee" in this country.

Its pretty obvious to me thats whats going on here, trying to be covered up as "fighting for truth, justice and the 2nd amendment."

Its about $$$.

PROVE me wrong, and give all the money to the NRA, and I will believe you truly are a hero.

Summary: butthurt

A fairly relaxed set of guidelines exists for employers. If an employer is not capable of meeting those expectations, they are not responsible enough to continue employing people. But that's an old fashioned idea these days.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Actually, if you read the filing, (which is in the other thread), you will get a glimpse of the "other side". Blatant disregard for the law, even after being informed of the law. In this case, being stupid hurts.

Besides, I doubt SnS is going to make it rich off of this. Wages owed, and a couple of bucks for "hardship", but its not like this was a hot cup of coffee. It will just remind this company (and others) to a) follow the law, and b) don't be an idiot.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009

Its about $$$.

Cool story bro but you did'nt answer my question if you believed this was all a setup by the OP to trick his employer into allegedly violating the law and firing him just so he can collect a payday.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Cool story bro but you did'nt answer my question if you believed this was all a setup by the OP to trick his employer into allegedly violating the law and firing him just so he can collect a payday.

I do not believe that no. I believe he got fired. I believe he wants a payday.

Thats it.

I dont like folks who want a payday because they got fired.

Been there, done that, paid the lawyers, didnt get the coffee cup.

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    Actually, if you read the filing, (which is in the other thread), you will get a glimpse of the "other side". Blatant disregard for the law, even after being informed of the law. In this case, being stupid hurts.

Besides, I doubt SnS is going to make it rich off of this. Wages owed, and a couple of bucks for "hardship", but its not like this was a hot cup of coffee. It will just remind this company (and others) to a) follow the law, and b) don't be an idiot.

Where's this other thread, please?

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Thought you left the site dom?

Actually Fenway I cant seem to find that thread about the viruses, did you delete that?

I wonder why INGO would delete a thread about viruses on INGO.... maybe they are afraid someone might sue them for a payday eh?

"Your website infected my work network, the bill to clean it out is XXXX, plus worktime lost etc etc etc".

Dont say it couldnt happen. :)

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Actually Fenway I cant seem to find that thread about the viruses, did you delete that?

I wonder why INGO would delete a thread about viruses on INGO.... maybe they are afraid someone might sue them for a payday eh?

"Your website infected my work network, the bill to clean it out is XXXX, plus worktime lost etc etc etc".

Dont say it couldnt happen. :)

Yeah, where DID that thread go?

Top Bottom