• indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Fantastic!

If anyone comes across a digital copy of these interviews, please post a link.
    TIA :yesway: :ingo:

If they go like last time, they will broadcast the story on the air first. Then they post it to their website with video attached. So, both channels should have something by mid-day Monday.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If they go like last time, they will broadcast the story on the air first. Then they post it to their website with video attached. So, both channels should have something by mid-day Monday.

Thanks, I'll attempt to monitor channel 6, if I can stand it. I can't get 8 here.

This, as I don't get either of those stations.

I'm betting Que doesn't either. :):

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    The media has come back to visit again with our very own OkieGirl. Both Channel 6 & 8 have come by for camera interviews. The facebook page is now over 11,000 likes and still very active (which some that we talk to find amazing because many similar efforts before are done and gone within a few weeks.)

She has expanded to a 2nd facebook community page "Indiana Going Blue". So, those facebook LE supporters outside of Indianapolis, please go like the page.

Watch for OkieGirl tonight at 10pm and 11pm on Indianapolis WRTV 6 and WISH 8 news.

Liked and Shared!

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Thanks, I'll attempt to monitor channel 6, if I can stand it. I can't get 8 here.

We are not fans of either. But... for OkieGirl's mission, she'll give them time because it translates to exposure to more people. More people means a louder voice. We need a louder voice for Law Enforcement.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    We are not fans of either. But... for OkieGirl's mission, she'll give them time because it translates to exposure to more people. More people means a louder voice. We need a louder voice for Law Enforcement.

Much agreed!

Hopefully we'll see a bit of a change in WISH after Jan 1:
    10 questions and answers about CBS move to WTTV-4

That might be worth an early "bump" to the network with the news digs early next year?

One thing is for sure, a lot more of us will be able to pick it up OTA.

Last edited:

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Speaking of going blue...is there a movement in support of the officers shot in Brooklyn?

I haven't heard anything formally yet. We've had several people message the pages wanting to do a "Pro Law Enforcement" rally but I don't know if that is the best thing for anyone right now. There are a lot of officers on heightened alert and they don't need that to worry over right now. If I hear of something I will let you know. I'm sending feelers out to the LEO's I know, but I'm assuming the overwhelming response will be "probably not a good idea right now, but thank you".

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I haven't heard anything formally yet. We've had several people message the pages wanting to do a "Pro Law Enforcement" rally but I don't know if that is the best thing for anyone right now. There are a lot of officers on heightened alert and they don't need that to worry over right now. If I hear of something I will let you know. I'm sending feelers out to the LEO's I know, but I'm assuming the overwhelming response will be "probably not a good idea right now, but thank you".

Roger that.

Bob2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 24, 2010
    Thanks for the links. I posted on my FB page, as well as the two going blue Indiana FB pages. Trying to get this to spread up north where I am, will be looking for blue lights after work today

Last edited:

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    It's amazing, I like the page when it first went up and invited all of my friends. Every week, I get 2-3 notifications, that my friends joined the page. This initiative is great.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Awesome to see that this has not faded with time. Credit is certainly due to those who have kept it alive, your efforts are very much appreciated!

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Awesome work, and for an outstanding cause. This is what an actual grassroots movement looks like

Top Bottom