• ...and so much more!
  • Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    These are very nice, very blue, and very bright.
    Hmmm almost tempted me to visit Carmel. For .01 second. :):
    ive noticed mine doesn't seem as blue anymore. I don't known if it's faded from being on 24/7 or if I'm just used to seeing it. I noticed some others around town and they are very blue and bright. I'll pick up a new one eventualy when I find one.
    mine still gets the point across.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Geez, I'm no good at politics or walking the line so this has been a very interesting road for me. It appears all the stars have aligned and we will be able to do a full blown fund raiser - with the police foundation as the donation point, armor plates meticulously selected by an INGO expert, and media coverage.

For those who have worked their tails off for this (and you know who you are) - Thank You! We hope to have all the correct approvals in place to go public with this tomorrow, but since this movement started on INGO I figured you deserved a sneak peek. When we have raised the funds needed, our IMPD officers will no longer have to bring pistol armor to a rifle fight.

For those who are interested...here's my little contribution to the fund. For sale to anyone who is willing to kick a few buck toward this effort, and free to LEO's who promise to wear them.

IMG_20140717_182116_422_zpsb3d4c104.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Hmmm almost tempted me to visit Carmel. For .01 second. :):
    ive noticed mine doesn't seem as blue anymore. I don't known if it's faded from being on 24/7 or if I'm just used to seeing it. I noticed some others around town and they are very blue and bright. I'll pick up a new one eventualy when I find one.
    mine still gets the point across.

You want a new one....​"FREE"

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Been waiting.....:dunno:
    I got half way there and realized I didn't know where you live so I went back home. ( I know what you're thinking. If I didn't know where you live then how did I know I was half way there?)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    You want a new one....​"FREE"
    thanks for the offer but I'll buy another one some time. Give that one to someone else who doesn't have one yet. Mine still gets the point across but I really appreciate your generosity CM!

OKGirl you can put me down for a bracelet. Give it to someone who will wear it. I only wear one bracelet. No offense to Impd. I wanna support the fund still.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    OG....I am in. Post up the info and I will kick in.
    Follow the link and click on the "donate" button. The plates that were chosen will fit inside the interior pockets of the existing vests worn by IMPD. These plates were chosen for several reasons: weight, comfort or likelihood to be worn, rating and stopping power. There was a lot of work (by one of our INGO family) that went in to the investigation of the plates that were chosen. I cannot stress how vital his role was in this and wish he would let me name him. :whistle: We have a lot of funds to raise to outfit these guys/gals with proper armor and I've got my work cut out for me, thought and prayers are always appreciated.

FOP Local 86

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Follow the link and click on the "donate" button. The plates that were chosen will fit inside the interior pockets of the existing vests worn by IMPD. These plates were chosen for several reasons: weight, comfort or likelihood to be worn, rating and stopping power. There was a lot of work (by one of our INGO family) that went in to the investigation of the plates that were chosen. I cannot stress how vital his role was in this and wish he would let me name him. :whistle: We have a lot of funds to raise to outfit these guys/gals with proper armor and I've got my work cut out for me, thought and prayers are always appreciated.

FOP Local 86

Does the organization listed know of your efforts now and will the funds go directly to it?????

I did not see any mention of the armor just they are supporting the LEO's.

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    CM - Yes, they know. I've been a pain in their side since this whole thing started. I've been kicking tail and taking names.

They are releasing it publicly once we have a formal commitment from IMPD brass that they will allow their officers to wear the plates as part of their armor. You should see an update on the web site as soon as we have everything in place. That should come tomorrow, as soon as I have confirmation I will post that info up on the Facebook page and have IndyJohn update INGO.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    CM - Yes, they know. I've been a pain in their side since this whole thing started. I've been kicking tail and taking names.

They are releasing it publicly once we have a formal commitment from IMPD brass that they will allow their officers to wear the plates as part of their armor. You should see an update on the web site as soon as we have everything in place. That should come tomorrow, as soon as I have confirmation I will post that info up on the Facebook page and have IndyJohn update INGO.

Thanks OG.
    I do not want to donate and have the funds go to something outside what you intended it for.
    I will wait to see the update and then drop in a donation.
    I want to thank you for all of your efforts in this. What you started took off and swept the city.
    I hope it does some good.
    Honored to know you and IndyJohn............:yesway:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I'm kinda along the same thought process as CM.

Even though I don't live in the Indy area I would still like to donate for the cause and show some support, not only for the officers of IMPD but also for all the hard work that OkieGirl has done as well.

Top Bottom