• RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    cid__0708142135-00_zps639983ff.jpg

I have an extra around the speedway area if anyone can't find one.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    there are some truly asinine posts on FOX's website in the comments section for this story, but since the page is over 7k likes, I'd say that the haters 'gon hate and the sentiment of blue light overwhelms that hate.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Oh my goodness, INGO! The page hit over 7,000 likes tonight! This all started here just two days ago!!! Wow! I think we are getting the message out!

Let me know if anyone is traveling to someplace not already bought out, or has two extra bulbs; I've got some neighbors who still need to go blue!
    You had a great idea to support our local men and women of IMPD and we are all fed up just like you! I'm very proud this has taken off like this! Think of all the thousands of others (like me) who don't use Facebook that are also on board!! This is a movement! Now e need to get all these people to put their butts where their blue lights are and have a rally at the city county building and anywhere else where the city council, mayor is and also where the prosecutors and judges are that keep letting these scumbags back out on the street! We will no longer stand for ignorance and dereliction of duty! We will no longer stand for spending millions of dollars in sports teams and Super Bowls when our officers and citizens are being slain in the streets like a Chicago valentines day masacre! So the question is now whether we are willing to spend a few more dollars a year in order to hire 500 more police officers? HELL YES WE WILL! How about redirecting some of the money for sports teams we don't even want towards making our city safe? How about hitting up these sports teams to donate back our money to hire police ! How about we stop electing these worthless public officials who are happy with the same ole same ole as long as they can put their name on a national event!
    ENOUGH! That's why I went Blue!

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Just got a text from my brother in OKC, also a LEO. After he was done giving me crap for not mentioning him...he said they were changing their lights to blue. Yes, this is a movement and it has been long in coming...

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    If anybody's having trouble finding bulbs, Meijer in Plainfield had 3 left this evening.

Also, I have 2 of the incandescent bulbs... free to whoever wants one. They're blue, but look a little more turquoise than the fluorescent ones.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Now an idea. How about getting with banks to set up a fund for officers Renns widow, or if one is already up, going to local businesses and asking them to contribute a portion of blue light sales for the next 3 months or so to that fund. Also average citizens can do it too.
    ?
    numbers is power to effect real change and this movement has numbers and momentum.

devil07

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    East Side Indy
    Guys and Gals, I just saw this thread, and the corresponding FB page. I can't tell you how much it means to see the support. Thank you all.

I guess I'll have to stop making fun of VUPD for being interviewed....now that I know what it was about.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just a word about all the blue lights.

Blue is my favorite color. But be careful around blue lights. Many fluorescent lights, blue lights, TVs, phones, tablets, computers, etc, sunlight, emit some light in the blue-violet spectrum, which some studies show can cause ocular degeneration with extended exposure.

Glasses with anti UV coating or some glasses with anti-glare coatings protect against the harmful light.

Just sayin' be careful.

This has been a public service announcement. Please continue going blue. With care.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    Or saw any news broadcast, Facebook, or twitter post Tuesday.

or a member of INGO. My neighbor had theirs out yesterday morning when I left for work. Not sure of the time line but I don't think they had a lot of time to go out and get one after this was reported on the news.

Top Bottom