• ...and so much more!
  • MinuteManMike

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Lawrence, IN
    BF was pretty bad, hard to watch bad. The best part of that series was when Mando arrived to help out.
    I watched the first two seasons of Mando; Boba Fett didn't intrigue me in the least. And then after my friends telling me how much it sucked when I wasn't THAT impressed with Mando?

Hard pass.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    "For a limited time, junk food connoisseurs can purchase “all-female” M&Ms in three colors: green and brown, which represent lesbians and LGBT, and purple, which represents obesity.

Today’s women apparently come in just two flavors, according to Mars, Inc.: gay and fat. The purple M&Ms in the new female-only candy bags come in a larger size to represent “body positivity,” while the green and brown ones are meant to depict a same-sex female couple.

Straight, thin women are not represented in the new all-female M&Ms candy bags because these kinds of women are not considered to be a cultural “success.”

The three-colored female M&Ms do, however, come with a flipped upside-down logo to represent how today’s women “are flipping how they define success."

Jane Hwang, global vice president at Mars Wrigley, added in her own statement that these new “spokescandy” M&Ms have “so much” about them “that people can relate to and appreciate.” One thing Hwang pointed out as an example is the fat lesbian M&M’s “willingness to embrace her true self.”

“Our new character reminds us to celebrate what makes us unique,” Hwang added.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    And just like that 8.1 trillion vanishes from ESG funds(ok really probably 4T,as not everything they sell to investors is ESG,but a ton of it was). Still, someone woke up and went what do you mean we are losing money?

Vanguard manages over 8 Trillion.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    And just like that 8.1 trillion vanishes from ESG funds(ok really probably 4T,as not everything they sell to investors is ESG,but a ton of it was). Still, someone woke up and went what do you mean we are losing money?

And they are one of the bullies the globalists employ to subjugate the people…

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    This is not quite the same thing but along the same lines. Went to see Michael Martin Murphy in Santa Fe around Christmas at his Cowboy Concert. Had plans to take our daughter and her husband. (Her second marriage, relevant later)

Anyway, early on MMM talked about his parents, the greatest generation, WWII and how his parents and those from that generation stayed married for life. (Paraphrased some)

Our daughter took offense to this, since she has a divorce (along with just about everything) and looked him up and found out that he has been married either 5 or 6 times. So, that basically ruined the concert for her. Her husband ended up not going and one of her friends instead. Probably a good thing as he is Navajo and in one song MMM also beat an authentic Native American drum and sang a song related to that. He says he’s an honorary member of some tribe, I guess, so that makes that valid……for him anyway. Daughter says hubby would have walked out and likely made a scene doing it.

I enjoyed the concert for what it was. I paid for all tickets and supper, as well as gas to get there and back. After I found out how many times he was married I kinda thought maybe he should have said something like I personally, wasn’t able to achieve the lifetime marriage thing like my parents. But whatever.

Hopefully you can see a few things in this story that tie into the gist of the thread a place or two.

I recommend the concert. He had a hammered dulcimer player that almost stole the show and his lead guitar player also did a few yodeling songs that were pretty cool. Player Wildfire of course.

Two songs played during the my parents generation stayed married forever were “I come from a long line of Love” and “What’s Forever For” which sorta ring different once you know he’s been married multiple times.

Enjoyed it a lot but wouldn’t need to go again.

Last edited:

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Two songs played during the my parents generation stayed married forever were “I come from a long line of Love” and “What’s Forever For” which sorta ring different once you know he’s been married multiple times.
    Who ****ing cares? Most art is made by flawed people. Heck, there are no perfect people. I don’t go to concerts looking for marriage role models. This BS will not change my appreciation of the songs for sure…

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    This is not quite the same thing but along the same lines. Went to see Michael Martin Murphy in Santa Fe around Christmas at his Cowboy Concert. Had plans to take our daughter and her husband. (Her second marriage, relevant later)

Anyway, early on MMM talked about his parents, the greatest generation, WWII and how his parents and those from that generation stayed married for life. (Paraphrased some)

Our daughter took offense to this, since she has a divorce (along with just about everything) and looked him up and found out that he has been married either 5 or 6 times. So, that basically ruined the concert for her. Her husband ended up not going and one of her friends instead. Probably a good thing as he is Navajo and in one song MMM also beat an authentic Native American drum and sang a song related to that. He says he’s an honorary member of some tribe, I guess, so that makes that valid……for him anyway. Daughter says hubby would have walked out and likely made a scene doing it.

I enjoyed the concert for what it was. I paid for all tickets and supper, as well as gas to get there and back. After I found out how many times he was married I kinda thought maybe he should have said something like I personally, wasn’t able to achieve the lifetime marriage thing like my parents. But whatever.

Hopefully you can see a few things in this story that tie into the gist of the thread a place or two.

I recommend the concert. He had a hammered dulcimer player that almost stole the show and his lead guitar player also did a few yodeling songs that were pretty cool. Player Wildfire of course.

Enjoyed it a lot but wouldn’t need to go again.
    So the fact that a guy recognized that there is an ideal he didn't meet ruined the concert for your daughter?

Seems like the existence of the ideal is the real problem.

Would she be more or less upset if Dolly announced that she and her husband had been married for 56 years because they stuck it out no matter what?

MRockwell

Just Me
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield

Just ran across this earlier:
    DEI roles increased by 55% following demands for broader racial equity and justice after Floyd’s murder, the Society for Human Resource Management reported in 2020.
    The attrition rate for DEI roles was 33% at the end of 2022, compared to 21% for non-DEI roles.

Seems the color most companies are interested in is green.

Wstar425

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2018
    Sandia Park, New Mexico
    So the fact that a guy recognized that there is an ideal he didn't meet ruined the concert for your daughter?

Seems like the existence of the ideal is the real problem.

Would she be more or less upset if Dolly announced that she and her husband had been married for 56 years because they stuck it out no matter what?
    I don’t disagree, except he didn’t ever recognize/acknowledge that it was an ideal he didn’t meet. I assumed he had been married to one woman for life, from the way he was talking. Finding out differently didn’t really change anything for me. I wasn’t putting him on a pedestal so he had nowhere to fall off.

Daughter is from the generation that’s looking for things to be offended about. And finds them.

I knew that people from his parents’ generation got divorced like everyone else. Maybe not as often, but it happened. It was a Cowboy Christmas Concert and that whole section didn’t really fit in with the theme.

Like I said, I enjoyed the concert, a lot. I would have never thought about any of that if our daughter hadn’t brought it up. And, my first thought was that it’s pretty sad that is what you got out of this and you’re going to let it ruin your entire night.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I don’t disagree, except he didn’t ever recognize/acknowledge that it was an ideal he didn’t meet. I assumed he had been married to one woman for life, from the way he was talking. Finding out differently didn’t really change anything for me. I wasn’t putting him on a pedestal so he had nowhere to fall off.

Daughter is from the generation that’s looking for things to be offended about. And finds them.

I knew that people from his parents’ generation got divorced like everyone else. Maybe not as often, but it happened. It was a Cowboy Christmas Concert and that whole section didn’t really fit in with the theme.

Like I said, I enjoyed the concert, a lot. I would have never thought about any of that if our daughter hadn’t brought it up. And, my first thought was that it’s pretty sad that is what you got out of this and you’re going to let it ruin your entire night.

Yep, when I go to see a concert, or anything of the like, I sure as heck don't care about the life story of the singer. Just there for the music.
    Just ran across this earlier:

Seems the color most companies are interested in is green.

Who woulda thunk it? :dunno:

rhamersley

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2016
    Danville

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    lol! Good!

The term “diversity” is just a code word for “things are gonna be more ****ed up than they used to be”

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Guess the school failed to lean hard on the alphabet community to make up the loss in funds…

Top Bottom