• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    In some cases, blowing it all up is a perfectly acceptable solution. In this case, where a panel of unelected, unaccountable bureaucrats have subsumed Britain's sovereignty and allowed the unfettered immigration of potential terrorists into the country, it is a solution worth considering.

And government things should be blown up more often. It is not necessarily true that any one particular commercial enterprise (in a free-ish economy) is more efficient or better at its job than a government entity, but if the commercial enterprise starts failing to meet its customer's needs, competitors who do the same job better, or invent entirely new ways of meeting the needs will pop up and people will move away from the old enterprise (see, e.g. newspapers). Thus the free market as a whole will provide better solutions as time goes on - not always instantly, and not for free, but eventually.

Government entities however live off their monopolies, and their only response to complaints is "give us more money and people to do things the same way." The military components tend to get cleansed when they have to actually go out and fight somebody, but there's seldom such mechanism handy for other government entities, like Public Education. They spend their time and effort killing off charter schools, vouchers, and any other idea that will threaten large bureaucratic establishments and teachers unions.

But eventually government entities that become sclerotic and overbearing will implode, it just takes awhile. See, e.g. Venezuela. Blowing up government entities on purpose, before everything has gone in the crapper, no doubt has far less "damned consequences" than the inevitable implosion.

But I have "faith" that the UK is already so far gone that that will choose a "safe" slide into bureaucratic sclerocracy over taking a chance at being British again.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Yep. Going it alone would take a measure of individual bravery they've relinquished long ago.

I believe they took it to the grave with him...

Winston-Churchill-2-2.jpg

And threw the dirt on the coffin after her...

3980674-3x4-700x933.jpg

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    So, I got drawn into reading some Brit newspaper online comment sections. I was surprised to see how many people who identified as in or near retirement, and were voting Remain because they believe increased numbers of immigrants are needed to "pay taxes" so their own old-age benefits would be assured. And they believe, correctly, that Remain will assure that flow of (presumably) tax-paying immigrants.

Think about that for a minute.

Now put aside the difficulty of finding good jobs anyway (and I'm sure their government unemployment numbers are just as jerried-with as ours). The thought that older folks, who can remember the "Old Britain," are primarily concerned with getting their benefit, as opposed to maintaining sovereignty and the uniqueness of their culture...well, that blows my mind.

I guess we Yanks are so accustomed to funding our entitlements with money borrowed in the world's reserve currency, we forget the rest of the planet can't do that.

Seeing that totally convinced me they are headed for "Remain" - by possibly a huge margin. Because if the seniors have that kind of rot in their heads, this is going nowhere but down.

Last edited:

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I have to wonder who's doing the vote counting and where they get their money.

Always follow the money

Top Bottom