• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I really think a key issue behind the closeness of this Brexit vote, just like the Trump primary here in America, is immigration. The British people see what Angela Merkel has done to Germany, they fear the possibility that kind of leader may someday come to power in Britain, and it worries them.

I thought the whole point of the EU was that it was to be for the mutual protection of Europe against the rest of the world. But at least for purposes of immigration, it seems to have turned out the opposite. I liken it to a group of college girls going to a party to get drunk, and they make a pact to keep an eye on each other and if they see some guy trying to put the lumber to one of them, they agree to step in and stop it. But with this Schengen business, that agreement is turned inside out and it's like, if one of the girls has sex with a guy - now they all have to agree have sex with him. If muslim refugees can walk, crawl, or float to the border of the weakest EU nation, they now have what amounts to passport-free passage to (almost) every other country in the zone.

I've heard it said that Germany will be the loser if Britain opts out. Well, if it happens, I hope Angela Merkel takes a good hard look in the mirror. Barack Obama has created the most right-wing government in Israel in my lifetime, with his Iran nuclear deal. And it's even-odds at this point that Merkel may come to be seen as having played a similar role in Brexit, with her Theological Utopian position on refugees.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    I really think a key issue behind the closeness of this Brexit vote, just like the Trump primary here in America, is immigration. The British people see what Angela Merkel has done to Germany, they fear the possibility that kind of leader may someday come to power in Britain, and it worries them.

I thought the whole point of the EU was that it was to be for the mutual protection of Europe against the rest of the world. But at least for purposes of immigration, it seems to have turned out the opposite. I liken it to a group of college girls going to a party to get drunk, and they make a pact to keep an eye on each other and if they see some guy trying to put the lumber to one of them, they agree to step in and stop it. But with this Schengen business, that agreement is turned inside out and it's like, if one of the girls has sex with a guy - now they all have to agree have sex with him. If muslim refugees can walk, crawl, or float to the border of the weakest EU nation, they now have what amounts to passport-free passage to (almost) every other country in the zone.

I've heard it said that Germany will be the loser if Britain opts out. Well, if it happens, I hope Angela Merkel takes a good hard look in the mirror. Barack Obama has created the most right-wing government in Israel in my lifetime, with his Iran nuclear deal. And it's even-odds at this point that Merkel may come to be seen as having played a similar role in Brexit, with her Theological Utopian position on refugees.

So the Muslim refugees are a threat to Europe, but not the Christian refugees or atheists refugees right?
    Looks like your problem is with Muslims, not refugees.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    So the Muslim refugees are a threat to Europe, but not the Christian refugees or atheists refugees right?

Are there that many Christians left in Europe? I mean practicing Christians?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Just curious. Have there been problems with Christian refugees in Europe similar to the Rotherham child sexual abuse scandal or the mass sexual abuse of females in Cologne?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Just curious. Have there been problems with Christian refugees in Europe similar to the Rotherham child sexual abuse scandal or the mass sexual abuse of females in Cologne?

I was going to ask the same, but in a different way. Do the Christian and Atheist refugees really cause as much trouble? I'm not suggesting these countries must screen refugees by religion. However, if a significant portion of refugees from a given country commit crimes in the host country, it's fair to say, no more. If a population of refugees can't assimilate into the host country's society, it's fair not to take them in.

Leaders of nations have a larger responsibility towards their own citizens. But the leaders of these countries seem to be acting with an insane manifest destiny with the Syrian refugees. At this point bringing stability to Syria so that there aren't any refugees, should be the highest priority. That would be the best outcome for everyone.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I was going to ask the same, but in a different way. Do the Christian and Atheist refugees really cause as much trouble? I'm not suggesting these countries must screen refugees by religion. However, if a significant portion of refugees from a given country commit crimes in the host country, it's fair to say, no more. If a population of refugees can't assimilate into the host country's society, it's fair not to take them in.

Leaders of nations have a larger responsibility towards their own citizens. But the leaders of these countries seem to be acting with an insane manifest destiny with the Syrian refugees. At this point bringing stability to Syria so that there aren't any refugees, should be the highest priority. That would be the best outcome for everyone.

[video=youtube;g8IVI0sZ6F8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8IVI0sZ6F8[/video]

Syrian refugees admitted to U.S. spike - CNNPolitics.com

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

First of all, "I" am not the one voting for Brexit; that would be your neighbors across the channel.

Second, it' not "Muslims," nor "refugees." It's "Muslim refugees," hundreds of thousands of them to be more specific.

Since they are not all from Syria (nor even the Middle East), what term would you use to accurately and crisply describe them as a group?

GIJEW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Barack Obama has created the most right-wing government in Israel in my lifetime, with his Iran nuclear deal.
    Like many things that obama does like to take credit for, this too, is none of his doing. The drift right in Israeli politics started over a generation ago. However obama DID create some consensus between the Israeli right and left, over his iranian nuke deal. He even managed to create a working relationship between Israel and the saudis!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    First of all, "I" am not the one voting for Brexit; that would be your neighbors across the channel.

Second, it' not "Muslims," nor "refugees." It's "Muslim refugees," hundreds of thousands of them to be more specific.

Since they are not all from Syria (nor even the Middle East), what term would you use to accurately and crisply describe them as a group?

Settlers.

Go west young muhammad!

WagonTrain.jpg

Suicide wagons may or may not be included. YDMV.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    So then this happened.

German government bond yields go negative for first time - BBC News

Basically, people who by German 10-year bonds are figuring that they'll lose less money in those (they are "safer") than other investments.

Fears about the global economy and a possible UK departure from the EU have prompted investors to pay to own "Bunds"
    Investors are betting sterling will fall, regardless of the outcome of the 23 June vote, with millions placed in the derivatives market, where traders can speculate in the future price of currencies.

James Ruddiman, director at currency broker Audere Solutions, said: "Expect some wild swings in the coming days, with $1.40 the next level to watch. I would expect greater degree of panic if the 'leave' margin widens in the coming days.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Top Bottom