• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I have to admit I really don't like the guy. I said he was a good coach, but he acts like an aloof jerk. I really don't think it is "cool" to hate on anybody. And I don't really give Belidick that much thought. He's just not my favorite person.

You thought about Bill Belichick to give him a derogatory nickname.:dunno:

:D

Absolutley Master Card, because it's

PRICELESS!
    Rep'd for it also sir!

Like I said, it was much funnier the first time he posted it...Congrats to him to finally getting some praise out of it.:yesway:

(BTW, I'm just having fun posting tonight, I hope no one take offense to any of my comments)

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I don't like him because he is an arrogant:moon:.
    No kind of a sportsman. He is obnoxious win or lose.

A man with no class and if he is such a great coach why is he lost 5 of the last 6 against the Colts?

This exactly why I do not like him, even in victory he is a jerk.
    I used to hold him up there with Vince Lombardi and other great coaches until the 06 EC finals in the Dome when the Colts came back in the 2nd half and handed it to the Pats.

Tony Dungy came 3/4's the way across the field to shake his hand and he made no attemp to even come towards him.

Great coaches accept defeat like true warriors and acknowledge it in some way or form to their adversary, he knows of no way except to jaunt off with a scowl.

I must admit, he did come over tonight to shake Caldwell's hand though.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Congrats from a Pats fan!

Hey the Colts came back and had thmselves in a position to win if the unthinkable happened.
    Belechiks calls in the last 3 minitues were Lionesque. The 4th down call was a bad decision but came close to working. The use of the last time out prior to it was stupid. In the end the Colts had to come down and do it.
    IMO the Pats should have madde him do it from 60-70 yards otu instead of 30.

Nice win for the Colts. Hopethe Pats are back here in the playoffs.....

Last edited:

aero

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2009
    Indianapolis, In
    IF there is ANY game i the year i enjoy watching it has to be this match up. I enjoy it even more because not only did we win, but we did it here in Indy.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    In the trenches for liberty!
    OK, I'm sorry...Watching football and understanding it are two completely different things...

Please tell me how he was trying to embarrass the Colts by going for it on 4th down.

He is arrogant and he wanted to shove the win down their throat. It wasn't good enough to punt it away and let his defense, which played good all night, keep the colts out of the end zone. No he wanted to show how smart he was and how much better the Pats were. That was a showoff play and he ate it.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    He is arrogant and he wanted to shove the win down their throat. It wasn't good enough to punt it away and let his defense, which played good all night, keep the colts out of the end zone. No he wanted to show how smart he was and how much better the Pats were. That was a showoff play and he ate it.

We must have watched two different games.

During the game I was watching, I saw a very, very tired defense, who played very well early, but was getting very gassed...Belichick made a risky decision to go for a 4th and short to keep his offense on the field and his already gassed defense from having to come back. If he had a challenge, I think he would have won, but that's neither here nor there.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    I was only able to "listen" to the 2nd half. I had to go to work. So you are saying given that same choice most coaches would have done what he did?
    He was going for the HERO tag and ended up with the one saying GOAT.
    EPIC CHOKE!

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    survey_336699.gif
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]What do you think about the Patriots' decision to go for it on fourth-and-2? [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Bill Belichick's worst most ever [/SIZE][/FONT]
    red.gif
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]44.0%[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]What the heck were they thinking? [/SIZE][/FONT]
    blue.gif
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]27.4% [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Give 'em credit for taking a chance [/SIZE][/FONT]
    red.gif
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]18.3% [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]I support Bill all the way [/SIZE][/FONT]
    blue.gif
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]10.3% [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Total votes: 864 [/SIZE][/FONT]Boston.com's surveys are not scientifically valid. They reflect the opinions of only those who vote.
    dingbat_arrow_icon.gif
    More

bcom_logo_110w.gif

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/11_16_09_Belichick_poll/

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    I was only able to "listen" to the 2nd half. I had to go to work. So you are saying given that same choice most coaches would have done what he did?
    He was going for the HERO tag and ended up with the one saying GOAT.
    EPIC CHOKE!

It has nothing to do with what "most coaches" would do. You talked about how he was trying to "embarrass" the Colts, which makes absolutely ZERO sense.

BTW, he has made some pretty crazy decisions that have worked out quite well for him and his team in the past, but no one is criticizing those calls, he just has the balls to make them.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    survey_336699.gif
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]What do you think about the Patriots' decision to go for it on fourth-and-2? [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Bill Belichick's worst most ever [/SIZE][/FONT]
    red.gif
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]44.0%[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]What the heck were they thinking? [/SIZE][/FONT]
    blue.gif
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]27.4% [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Give 'em credit for taking a chance [/SIZE][/FONT]
    red.gif
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]18.3% [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]I support Bill all the way [/SIZE][/FONT]
    blue.gif
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]10.3% [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica][SIZE=-1]Total votes: 864 [/SIZE][/FONT]Boston.com's surveys are not scientifically valid. They reflect the opinions of only those who vote.
    dingbat_arrow_icon.gif
    More

bcom_logo_110w.gif

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/11_16_09_Belichick_poll/

Very nice...Thank you for pointing out what a bunch of Monday morning quarterbacks have to say about the call.

I bet tomorrow morning, the new owner of the Pats is going to call up those poll voting warriors and start negotiations for a contract to see who will be the next head head of the Patriots.

BloodEclipse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Guess I'm not the only one.

Bill Belichick heads off victory
    Bad bobble all around

By Ron Borges | Monday, November 16, 2009 | http://www.bostonherald.com | N.E. Patriots
    8d3fc5cdd6_billyb_11162009.jpg

Photo by Matthew West

INDIANAPOLIS - Is there an insanity defense for football coaches?
    That’s about the best the “In Bill We Trust” crowd is going to be able to come up with this morning to explain away what happened at Lucas Oil Stadium last night because not even Edward Bennett Williams would try to argue this case in front of a jury of Bill Belichick’s peers.
    Maybe the Twinkie defense that got Dan White a reduced sentence after assasinating the mayor of San Francisco and a city councilman named Harvey Milk might work. A Bay area shrink named Martin Blinder convinced a jury that White’s “capacity for rational thought” had been diminished by eating junk food so maybe there’s a defense for anything. Anybody check Belichick’s lunch box?
    All week there was talk about the debilitating effect of the noise in the Indianapolis Colts’ enclosed stadium, how it can drive players insane as they struggle to keep their mind clear. Nobody thought that would apply to the Hooded Yoda of football however, but apparently he forgot the first rule of the Jedi: “Fear is the path to the dark side.”
    Who would have thought the Yoda of New England would lose his mind and his nerve like the rankest of rookie head coaches and crack under the strain of having Peyton Manning yapping at his heels all night like a puppy who didn’t know who his master was?
    With 2:08 to play and a decision to be made, Belichick made the kind of choice Shemp would have made because even Larry and Moe would know better. He turned to his defense and said, “To fight this Lord Manning, strong enough you are not.”
    At that moment, on an evening when Randy Moss and Tom Brady [stats] played out of their minds, Bill Belichick went out of his mind. The decision he had to make, in the opinion of NBC analyst and former Colts head coach Tony Dungy, really was no decision at all. It was a no-brainer. For a genius that can be a problem.
    “As much as you respect Peyton Manning you have to punt the ball,” Dungy said after Belichick chose not to on a fourth-and-2 situation with 2:08 to play and the ball on his 28-yard line.
    Mere mortals punt downfield and try to put as much real estate between their end zone and Manning’s right arm. Geniuses commit hubris instead.
    “I thought we had a good play,” Belichick explained after he obviously didn’t, when Kevin Faulk [stats] was stopped a yard short after Brady delivered a short pass under duress and Faulk was hauled down by the aptly named Melvin Bullitt. Because Belichick already had frittered away all his timeouts and the play started outside of the final two minutes he couldn’t even try to challenge the spot.
    All he could do was later make his case after Manning had beaten him for the fifth time in their last six meetings with a 1-yard touchdown pass, his fourth of the night, to Reggie Wayne with only 13 seconds on the clock. Miraculously if you were from Indianapolis or tragically if you were from New England, the Patriots [team stats] had blown a 31-14 lead and lost 35-34, thus keeping the Colts undefeated, giving them a three-game lead in the race for homefield advantage and handing them their 18th consecutive regular-season win, which ties them for second place all-time with, guess who?
    A man called “Doom” by his former boss, Bill Parcells, stood at a podium some time later looking like the very image of that while defending an indefensibly boneheaded decision while throwing his players under the bus in the process.
    “We thought we could win the game on that play,” Belichick said. “I thought we had a good play. We completed it. I don’t know how we could not get a yard on that completion.”
    Actually, they did get a yard. Problem was his team needed 2. When the ball was snapped it was fourth-and-2 from the 28. When Faulk was tackled it became first-and-10 for the Colts at the 29.
    What they got was what happens when you begin to think the world works differently for you than it does for everybody else. They got beat by their own hand. Or in this case, their coach’s head.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Cool story bro!

Keep quoting Monday morning quarterbacks, who don't know their *** from their elbow when trying to judge one of the greatest coaches of all time.

They claim to watch the whole game, but judge him based on one play at the end...He made a judgement call, and if he would have gotten it right, he'd be a hero; he's done it PLENTY of times in his coaching career.

Do you or anyone of the dbags criticizing him have even the slightest clue what coverage you should use on any given down and distance when Peyton is behind the center?

I didn't think so.

How many times have the critics even had the chance to make that call?

Zero times?

It's pretty easy to sit back and criticize mistakes from behind a keyboard.

Top Bottom