• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Well on a related note, me POS 21SF is going back to the factory! They will try to fix it or the frame will be replaced.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    I must admit i picked up a glock in the gun shop ,was looking at it , Actually thought i liked it .
    messed around with it a bit , my buddy behind the counter picked up a beretta and slapped the :poop: out of me . that brought me back to my senses ..:rofl::bacondance::bacondance:

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Pistols will be doing just fine at 40 yards. The shooters, OTOH, will be struggling :D

LOL well ya never know... they may have a mind of their own :D Yeah I know with my SigPro, I am not that good at the 25 yard range—I am much better with the G20 though. 40 yards is a ways out there!!!

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    I must admit i picked up a glock in the gun shop ,was looking at it , Actually thought i liked it .
    messed around with it a bit , my buddy behind the counter picked up a beretta and slapped the :poop: out of me . that brought me back to my senses ..:rofl::bacondance::bacondance:

thats funny... while i look at your avatar and notice the one and only gun in it is a glock :fawk::hehe:

Marc

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    District 6
    Yeah, I would give it away to if the KABOOM tore all the flesh of my hand like that too. :moon:

your looking at the pic all wrong, cant you see? there sits the ejected brass slide is locked back as it should with an empty mag, no cracks in the frame or barrel. the glock just out last the shooter. it just keeps going and going and going and going... well ill let him do the rest

energizer-bunny.jpg

tuocs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    You are referring to a true "combat pistol" not defensive pistol I am assuming. 40 meters is not defensive range.... That said, any pistol is going to be having issues at that range. Now my Glock 20 with DT 10MM will reach out there though. Glock's are one of the most accurate platforms I have shot :twocents:

Yes sir, a combat pistol in a small size. Is it possible?

In my past area of assignments, i was in "fieldwork" i was harassed/pursued by rebels/hostiles, i just engaged them in gun burst, escape, evade them, then engage them again when i got in contact. But that had been in 10 to 50 meters rural setting. And those experiences had been with a full size 1911.

The term "defensive range" may have a different meaning here in my place. Even at 40 meters could become defensive range for us here if we hit the human target.

Now i am in a more peaceful area of assignment, i still practice on the drill (Engage, Escape, Evade, Engage). So i'm thinking if its possible with the Glock 27?

Thank you sir.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    Yes sir, a combat pistol in a small size. Is it possible?

In my past area of assignments, i was in "fieldwork" i was harassed/pursued by rebels/hostiles, i just engaged them in gun burst, escape, evade them, then engage them again when i got in contact. But that had been in 10 to 50 meters rural setting. And those experiences had been with a full size 1911.

The term "defensive range" may have a different meaning here in my place. Even at 40 meters could become defensive range for us here if we hit the human target.

Now i am in a more peaceful area of assignment, i still practice on the drill (Engage, Escape, Evade, Engage). So i'm thinking if its possible with the Glock 27?

Thank you sir.

Yes in that context, the 1911 has served many soldiers for decades as a combat pistol—quite efficiently. I suppose it all boils down to what you train with. I prefer my Glock 20 10MM over the Sig Pro 2340. I just love that flat trajectory and 630+ ft/lbs of energy! I haven't shot the G27 so I don't know how well she handles however.

Whiskey Lake

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    Indy Area
    I don't see how you could definitively state that Glock is the best. Any time someone says they have the BEST product available I am pretty sure that either they have not used the other products or they were biased prior to using the other products. Sig makes an incredible firearm. HK is an incredible firearm. Glock is great. Glocks are angled wrong. How can the best weapon be one that is not easily interchangeable with every other handgun in existence. Glocks are great...not the BEST. The BEST is one of the high end handguns being fired by a well trained shooter...then they all become just as good. Too many down sides for a Glock to be the BEST.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    Glocks are angled wrong.

How can you make such a blanket statement? Given how my hands are designed, Glocks have the perfect angle. I can pick and point my Glock, then close my left eye and be right on target. With my CZ-52, the front sight is lower and I have to bring it up in between the rear sight. I have have other guns like the Glocks that are natural pointers in _my_ hands...to me, their grip angles are great.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008
    How can you make such a blanket statement? Given how my hands are designed, Glocks have the perfect angle. I can pick and point my Glock, then close my left eye and be right on target. With my CZ-52, the front sight is lower and I have to bring it up in between the rear sight. I have have other guns like the Glocks that are natural pointers in _my_ hands...to me, their grip angles are great.

Same for me :yesway: I can only compare my G20 to the Sig P220, Beretta M9 and Sig Pro 2340—and the Glock just works better for me :)

tuocs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    Yes in that context, the 1911 has served many soldiers for decades as a combat pistol—quite efficiently. I suppose it all boils down to what you train with. I prefer my Glock 20 10MM over the Sig Pro 2340. I just love that flat trajectory and 630+ ft/lbs of energy! I haven't shot the G27 so I don't know how well she handles however.

Thank you sir for sharing to me your knowledge on my concern, i really appreciate it.

I really have no idea with those 10mm ammunitions, even those 357 ammos for semi auto pistols. We don't have them here in my country. But we do have now the .40 ammo... You mentioned your Glock 20, so I browsed its image in the internet. It looks like the size of a full size 1911.

Have a good day sir...:)

rookie0014

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    kokomo
    i have tried the glock just don't do it for me just did not feel as solid as my kimber but i will say glock fans are die hard fans of the gun

Top Bottom