• ...and so much more!
  • flatlander

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Noblesville
    I like my HK45 better because I can change the grip to fit my hand instead of "making do" Can't argue that the Glocks work just don't fit my hand like the HK.
    :twocents:

Bob

Rafterman

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Indianapolis
    After messing with 1911s for 30+ years and getting so familiar with that grip angle, the Glock grip angle can point high.
    But, seems I always end up with Glock or two in my collection. I do add some custom parts, but the work as they should, the grip starts to feel fine after awhile, and they are fun to shoot.

I will always have at least one Glock on hand.

MPD179

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Northwest Indiana
    I recently picked up a 21SF and was amazed with the soft recoil. The grip does feel better however im having a problem with the mag release. Sometimes it gets stuck to one side. I have figured out if you apply pressure to the bottom of the magazine when you eject a fully loaded mag it works like its suppose to.

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I recently picked up a 21SF and was amazed with the soft recoil. The grip does feel better however im having a problem with the mag release. Sometimes it gets stuck to one side. I have figured out if you apply pressure to the bottom of the magazine when you eject a fully loaded mag it works like its suppose to.

That is a problem with the ambi release on the 21sf. It needs to be repaired, the mag release in mine eventually fell out the gun. Contact Glock to have them ship the parts to a Glock armorer or make arraignments to send it back to them. This is a well known issue with the new ambi release.

If I had known about this before I purchased mine I would not have done so. I have no confidence in the pistol. I am just waiting for the release to fall back out of it even after it being repaired.

glocktoys

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    mishawaka, up north by notre dame
    wow what a firestorm. i own and shoot just about everything (Walther,Sig,hk,s&w,kel tec,at one point beretta,Taurus,colt and fn) but when the stuff hits the fan or i am going out with the family the glock is on my side (one of the many i own, but the g20 10mm is the fav). all can argue but the gun that functions under stress and you can hit a target with using cover is the best and i found out a long time ago that was glock for me . the gun is ugly (yes i called it) but it functions with any ammo i feed them and nothing to get caught on or things i need to press/flip or anything to make it function. i thing the glock is the AK-47 of handguns, ugly and may not out shoot some of the costume guns but fires all the time no matter what. just my 2 cents

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    wow what a firestorm. i own and shoot just about everything (Walther,Sig,hk,s&w,kel tec,at one point beretta,Taurus,colt and fn) but when the stuff hits the fan or i am going out with the family the glock is on my side (one of the many i own, but the g20 10mm is the fav). all can argue but the gun that functions under stress and you can hit a target with using cover is the best and i found out a long time ago that was glock for me . the gun is ugly (yes i called it) but it functions with any ammo i feed them and nothing to get caught on or things i need to press/flip or anything to make it function. i thing the glock is the AK-47 of handguns, ugly and may not out shoot some of the costume guns but fires all the time no matter what. just my 2 cents
    For those who have been seeing this type of thread over and over, I love the response of glocktoys. This is not a fanboy response, but a reasoned one. glocktoys, may your tribe increase.

glocktoys

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    86   0   0
    May 12, 2008
    mishawaka, up north by notre dame
    thanks i know no matter what you say about any brand gun there is haters and lovers. i am asked all the time "i know you know about guns what do you think of this one (fill in model and brand here)" my response is always the same, shoot one. did it fit your hand? did it line up on target where you pointed it? did it function? did you hit the target? can you afford it? will you be able to operate it under stress or injured? if all questions are answered yes then that is a great gun for you.

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    What does it matter? I have my guns, they work for me. You have yours, they work for you. Can't we all just get along? :dunno:

coletrane811

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 28, 2008
    Noblesville

That's the EXACT reason I carry a G19. IMO, most reliable, easiest to shoot, easy to carry semi auto handgun around:draw:

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    You either like a Glock or you don't I was a dedicated Colt .45 man of the 70's and 80's. Then a Smith and Wesson gun of the month member of the late 80's early 90's, got a Sig 226 and thought I had it all, then shot a 1st gen G-17 one day, then somebody showed me their Police Issue G-19 in Tacoma Wa, in 1991, that was it, the Glock bug bit me hard, the rest of the 90's till today its been all Glock City.

jason conley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    WEST SIDE OF INDY
    The best at blowing up in my hand. It was not the glock's fault it was the reloader which was not me by the way. I still have all fingers and eyes so I guess this is a positve response to glocks.

tuocs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2009
    May i request any gentleman here who had actually experienced hitting and putting down an attacking hostile with a Glock 27 at a distance of atleast within 40meters. If anyone had experienced that, then atleast that could be enough for me to say that the Glock 27 is reliable, before i will purchase one to replace my standard 1911 as my daily carry gun.

Gun bearing is a social issue in my present rural assignment. That is the reason why i need to have a small pistol i can conceal carry at work.

Thank you.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    May i request any gentleman here who had actually experienced hitting and putting down an attacking hostile with a Glock 27 at a distance of atleast within 40meters. If anyone had experienced that, then atleast that could be enough for me to say that the Glock 27 is reliable, before i will purchase one to replace my standard 1911 as my daily carry gun.

Gun bearing is a social issue in my present rural assignment. That is the reason why i need to have a small pistol i can conceal carry at work.

Thank you.

40 meters??? I'd love to see you explain that one in court....

"Your honor, he was threatening me from almost a half a football field away...."

Glocker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 30, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I believe with every type of gun you can become efficient within your desired distance. I know with my Glock 27 I can get good groupings at 50 feet but it wasn't always like that in the beginning.

But this is all done in an controlled environment inside a gun range. I don't know how well I would do when I'm nervous and have to consider weather conditions and low light situations...I have also never tried to practice shooting over 100 feet a subcompact pistol.

Winchest55

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    ANDERSON
    I don't own any glocks as of now but i have owned a few in the past and will say they are very reliable and shoot great. i just didn't like the way they felt in my hand.

lilop

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Alright time to stir the pot. I have in the past couple of years owned and fired a variety of handguns. 1911's, HK's, Taurus, Glocks, M&P's, XD's, XDM, Rugers, Beretta's, Kel-Tec, Kahr's, Walther and so on and so forth.

After owning and shooting all of these handguns I have come to three conclusions.

First, Training not weapon type is what really matters. I may hate the type of handgun you use but you have trained on it so much it comes second nature to you. Good for you!

Second, you can have fun with all types of handguns, and should own as many as possible.

Lastly, GLOCK IS STILL THE BEST COMBAT PISTOL EVER MADE!

That's right you cannot have a better pistol by your side when the fertilizer hits the propeller. Simplicity, functionability, reliability!! You just can't beat it. The feel in your hand, the trigger reset, magazines, aftermarket parts, ease of use, accuracy etc. I could go on for ever about this but I won't.

Favor whatever handgun you want, good for you. But you cannot deny the combat effectiveness of the Glock.
    I hate to say it, but I agree. I have various pistols of different makes, but everytime I have been in a tight spot where I thought that a pistol was necessary, I have wished I had my Glock, if I didn't already have it. When I did have it, I wished I had a bigger Glock! :rockwoot:

Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Glock, if you hate them, then that says something about you. If you think they are the only good pistol out there, that also says something about you.

They are a well functioning, utilitarian, homely thing. I carry one occasionally. I do believe they are one of the better pistols on the market but I find them a bit bulky.

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    I had 3 failure to feeds with my G19 early this morning. I just cleaned the thing yesterday, business as usual. You shoot em' enough, you find that they are a well rounded gun; but they are not infallible.

agentl074

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 5, 2008

Thank you.

You are referring to a true "combat pistol" not defensive pistol I am assuming. 40 meters is not defensive range.... That said, any pistol is going to be having issues at that range. Now my Glock 20 with DT 10MM will reach out there though. Glock's are one of the most accurate platforms I have shot :twocents:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    You are referring to a true "combat pistol" not defensive pistol I am assuming. 40 meters is not defensive range.... That said, any pistol is going to be having issues at that range. Now my Glock 20 with DT 10MM will reach out there though. Glock's are one of the most accurate platforms I have shot :twocents:

Pistols will be doing just fine at 40 yards. The shooters, OTOH, will be struggling :D

Top Bottom