• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lt. Commander

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2008
    Ft. Wayne * Aboite
    All through the 90's I owned several Glocks of all sizes and calibers, thought they where the greatest thing made since sliced bread. Then came my firearms training with the local Sheriffs department which requires the Sig P-220. This was my first Sig and that one gun turned me around to an all metal gun rather than poly. With all due respect to Glock lovers, having an all metal gun just feels much more serious, The feel of a real trigger and the heft does make a difference in my opinion. I've moved on since the P-220 to a full size 1911A1 and haven't looked back since...

Scott

fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    I've heard the 3rd generation Glock barrels were changed and have more chamber support than some aftermarket barrels. Anyone confirm?

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    It is more than just this. For starters, I was told in an IPD citizens academy (this was years ago), that IPD went to Glock because of the one officer who was shot in the head (injury wasn't that bad) and his Beretta failed. I believe it was at a VP. They showed us the video and for whatever reason, the Beretta would fire, eject the round, load the next round, but something prevented it from firing unless the slide was pulled back and a new round chambered. You see on the video the officer constantly racking the slide. I have heard from other officers that they want the same, constant trigger pull. More and more people coming into LE were not into guns. They don't have the much experience, so it is easier to give them a gun where the shot is the exact same _all the time_. No double action first shot, followed by single action. Another thing was the easier breakdown/cleaning. A field strip compared to a complete take down. I don't recall them making Glocks in Mexico or some other slave labor country. I am sure they have to pay some decent wages in Austria. As such, why is it that Glocks can provide all this service but no one else can and/or will? I just can't see Glocks being that much cheaper than the other plastic bottom, metal top guns. All I can say is that Glock has a good weapon. There are bad runs, just like with other gun makers. You hear problems with Glocks more often only because they are used more than others. As far as the Glocks blowing up, I have never heard of any Glock outside of a G22 with a _history_ of blowing up. Maybe it is the G22, maybe the ammo, maybe just a problem production run.

Here is another classic glock recitation post. I suggest you look into it a little more.

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    3 not in this pic and a 4th coming next week. :rockwoot:

GLOCKs004.jpg

mvician

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    That's one wild G-17 buddy! :yesway:

:D

C-More in a Carver mount
    Lone Wolf threaded barrel
    GlockWorx Fulcrum trigger

on the list next is a Lone Wolf Comp, SS guide rod and spring, then a magwell, some mag extensions, and the cocking handle that fits in the rear sight dovetail.

Going to be a fun range gun.

Top Bottom