Fishers
    b9eef41a-cdf7-4abf-a1f2-edff566deacb.jpg

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana
    I'd say the trigger is very similiar but not the same. I'm fine with a factory gen 3 or 4 trigger. I'm the guy that other than sights keeps his glocks stock.

I do have a few with the ghost slide release and vickers mag release but neither are very important and I won't be buying anymore.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Done did it.... new G19 gen 5 w/ night sights in my hand :rockwoot:

First impression is that I like the feel of it a lot, but I wish they wouldn't have done the U-notch cut at the bottom of the front of the grip, but it's not a deal breaker.
    The improved trigger is much much smoother (gritty feel is gone) and it pulls like it's already got a 3.5lb/minus connector in it.
    Trigger reset feels about 25% shorter than the Gen 3 and it's very positive.
    The Talo night sights are surprisingly tall. Not as tall as suppressor height sights, but noticeably taller than previous generations.
    Slide finish is sweet and very black.
    Grip is ever so slightly thicker so I don't think I'll need to use a back strap and I feel like I grip the gun about 5-10% higher than the Gen 3 which is good.
    Can't wait to see how accurate it is.
    Will post range report tomorrow or Saturday.

Best price I found is at Bob's in Plainfield for $549.
    I got mine at Beech Grove Firearms because they were the only ones with a factory night sight equipped G19.

Did you get the Glock night sight model or the Ameriglo night sight model? I locked in a glock NS model today, man if felt great!

Rebel Jack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    North Liberty
    I was really looking forward to trying out the 19 in 5th gen but it looks like that cutout would ruin it for me. I think i'll need to stick with the 17. My pinky rests right where that cutout would be but fingers crossed I can hold higher up without the finger grooves. Heck, I may just have to cross my fingers to hold it...

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I was really looking forward to trying out the 19 in 5th gen but it looks like that cutout would ruin it for me. I think i'll need to stick with the 17. My pinky rests right where that cutout would be but fingers crossed I can hold higher up without the finger grooves. Heck, I may just have to cross my fingers to hold it...

I thought the cutout would suck but I didn't even notice it honestly.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    It was the only one they had left in stock and I didnt know how long before they would get another. So....

Lol, oh I understand! I was prepared to do the same, and honestly all he had was a G17 with stock sights in the case. I lucked out and he had his first shipment of G19's in the packing box behind the counter, whew!

Top Bottom