• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I have now shot my own but it hadnt been shot when that pic was taken.
    I shot a demo gen5 and now my own. I love the gen5. I loved the gen4 and didn't think it could get any better but it did.

88 I've always just left the factory grease on my glocks but never had one this greased up from glock. I don't know if they sell the copper grease but if they did I'd probably buy some. It seems very resilient from the glocks I've owned over the years.
    I think glocks are the only factory gun I've never cleaned or lubed befire shooting when I've bought them new.

To my understanding Glock uses copper anti-seize on their guns before they ship.

Congrats on the new Glock TT

Im really jelly :drool:

croy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Apr 22, 2012
    Indiana

Everything I already knew but more emphasis on pmags. Which I won't buy anymore. They don't function well in the mud. I ran the magpul mags in a class and they ran fone until it rained, then they started to jam up where factory mags kept ticking.

I shot the new gen 5 yesterday and I don't care for the cut out for to quickly rip out the magazine. My pinky sat right there. I'll still be buying one.

Rebel Jack

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 16, 2016
    North Liberty
    For me it's all about being able swap the controls. No more finger contortions on my strong hand (left) like on my 3rd gens. That's an affirmative on the copper release goop. There's still a bit in the crannies of the Old Ladies G26 we bought about a month ago. It won't last long with the way she scrubs that thing. Does the finish seem to be any better than on the 4th Gen? I've torn chunks out of furniture with my 3rd with nary a scratch, but I'm just hoping it's better than the burnt cheese whip they apparently melted over the 4th gen slides. I haven't actually seen one in person yet ot handled the little devil...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

"The trigger feels exactly the same as every other Glock trigger. Those that tell you that it is now vastly improved...well sorry...not that anyone would ever inflate a review of a free product...but we didn't see that."

Disagree. It doesn't feel exactly the same and I can find several hundred officers who will say the same thing. Is it "night and day" different? No, but it is definitely improved.

"Other than the thumb safety - which in my opinion would have been a great addition to the Gen 5"

Yeah, he definitely lost me there.

He says it's a Gen 4 without finger grooves then goes on to list six differences between the Gen 4 & Gen 5. Lol, I guess he had to publish something.

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    Better sights than Glock has offered from the factory, a better trigger, better slide coating, flared magwell, more accurate barrel and more manageable recoil.
    Ya bastage, just HAD to have mine. Just got off the phone with Kiesler's and bought a blue label. They'll ship it up to Elmore's....bastage. Sadly, they can't get any with Ameriglo sights right now so I'll add them later. Made me spend my money. Likely have my Gen 4 G19 up for sale here soon ;)

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I got to play with both today
    https://www.instagram.com/p/BYdyiCOjYBi/?taken-by=thefuninlife

What I'm about to say may sound negative, but it's more so just underwhelming.
    I don't think they are anything special. The triggers just felt way more spongy to me. I did like the 17 however. I'd buy one at the right price but I wouldn't put it head and shoulders above a gen4. I'll honestly pick up a gen4 17 when I see a cheap used one...
    I have one negative thing to say, it's with the 19, as to why I said I liked the 17. Where the mag cuts are on the frame I don't like on the 19 due to the grip being smaller than the 17. My pinky settles right in it and I actually like my gen4 19 better than the gen5 when comparing the two side by side.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm curious about how much width the built in magwell adds to the grip? That part is already the hardest part to conceal.

Also curious to hear from those who liked the finger grooves, wondering if they now miss them?

Anyone seen any published real world accuracy differences in the new vs old barrel?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I'm curious about how much width the built in magwell adds to the grip? That part is already the hardest part to conceal.

Also curious to hear from those who liked the finger grooves, wondering if they now miss them?

Anyone seen any published real world accuracy differences in the new vs old barrel?

The Maxwell flare is very minimal.

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    I didn't like the cut at the bottom of the front of the grip on the 19 I felt today, kinda was annoying to me for some reason, and I LOVE me some 19. the 17 was perfect, about bought one, didn't, kicking myself. Will buy in a day or 2 when I get time to go back.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    "The trigger feels exactly the same as every other Glock trigger. Those that tell you that it is now vastly improved...well sorry...not that anyone would ever inflate a review of a free product...but we didn't see that."

Disagree. It doesn't feel exactly the same and I can find several hundred officers who will say the same thing. Is it "night and day" different? No, but it is definitely improved.

"Other than the thumb safety - which in my opinion would have been a great addition to the Gen 5"

Yeah, he definitely lost me there.

He says it's a Gen 4 without finger grooves then goes on to list six differences between the Gen 4 & Gen 5. Lol, I guess he had to publish something.

Exacly. He just wants to be remembered and get some self bump off glocks release.
    The trigger IS better and noticeable. I have a zev trigger pack in my gen4 and granted I've never adjusted it from the factory setting but I'm going to start carrying my gen5 now so ill,be selling my zev trigger pack and putting my factory trigger back into my gen4 because I won't be carrying it anymore. I LOVE the gen5

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Ya bastage, just HAD to have mine. Just got off the phone with Kiesler's and bought a blue label. They'll ship it up to Elmore's....bastage. Sadly, they can't get any with Ameriglo sights right now so I'll add them later. Made me spend my money. Likely have my Gen 4 G19 up for sale here soon ;)

You won't regret it.

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    Done did it.... new G19 gen 5 w/ night sights in my hand :rockwoot:

First impression is that I like the feel of it a lot, but I wish they wouldn't have done the U-notch cut at the bottom of the front of the grip, but it's not a deal breaker.
    The improved trigger is much much smoother (gritty feel is gone) and it pulls like it's already got a 3.5lb/minus connector in it.
    Trigger reset feels about 25% shorter than the Gen 3 and it's very positive.
    The Talo night sights are surprisingly tall. Not as tall as suppressor height sights, but noticeably taller than previous generations.
    Slide finish is sweet and very black.
    Grip is ever so slightly thicker so I don't think I'll need to use a back strap and I feel like I grip the gun about 5-10% higher than the Gen 3 which is good.
    Can't wait to see how accurate it is.
    Will post range report tomorrow or Saturday.

Best price I found is at Bob's in Plainfield for $549.
    I got mine at Beech Grove Firearms because they were the only ones with a factory night sight equipped G19.

Last edited:

IndyGlockMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jul 19, 2011
    Fishers
    I just took the slide apart and noticed something I've not seen mentioned in the reviews i watched... There's a new style striker.
    It's an upside down tear drop shape, kinda like an alien's head.
    The safety plunger is totally re-designed and only drops in 1-way.
    Slide still comes apart the same way.

The frame internals are much different but are still very much Glock.
    The take down lever has an actual coil spring under it (not just a thin piece of metal).
    The ambi-slide release also has a coil spring.
    Trigger bar and connector look pretty much the same.
    Connector has a "." on it like the Gen 4's.
    The trigger bar spring assy has been reversed around and extends/stretches out when the trigger is pulled.
    I have not disassembled it yet, so I don't know if the spring is loading or unloading when pulled but I think it's unloading but it has a stranger keeper on the back of it.

Really looking forward to shooting it tomorrow. :ingo:

Oh, the barrel is crowned!

Top Bottom