• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rfontes

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2010
    Noblesville
    cool video dude, i just got a xd9, bought it 2 weeks ago, already put 600 rds through it. this gun is a keeper.

Last edited:

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Strong first post :yesway: :):

ANOTHER SATISFIED CUSTOMER. OVERALL SIMPLICITY OF A GLCOCK, SIMPLY A POS. WOAH WHAT HAPPENED THERE, TRADE THAT POS GLCOCK NOW! WHAT HAPPENED? YOUR POS BLEW UP AND ALMOST TURNED YOUR HAND INTO SWISS CHEESE. SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A XD(SUPPORTED CHAMBER). TOO LATE NOW, YOU JUMPED ON THE GLCOCK BANDWAGON AND GOT BRAINWASHED INTO THINKING YOU BOUGHT A GOOD GUN, BUT YOU GOT A POS GLCOCK.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Sorry, I don't have the XD that I shot in front of me, or I would compare the bore axis.

I find that those that are quick to dismiss a gun have never shot the one they be hate'n, I, on the other hand, have had range time with a XD, so my opinion is based on real, world experience with the XD.

Look, sorry to have hit a nerve by cutting on the XD, it's my opinion, you ain't got like it or even believe in it.:D

I'll put my M&P against any polymer pistol on the market now.

Pistol Training.net ran a M&P 9mm for 62,333 rounds-
    pistol-training.com Blog Archive M&P Endurance Test Ends

pistol-training.com Blog Archive M&P Monday: Week Thirty-Three

Both Larry Vickers and Ken Hackathorn both endorse and recommend the M&P.

Not bad for a pistol you like to poo-poo on...:D

If you like the XD, fine..that's your choice. I'll stick to my M&P, with a better grip and just as accurate and reliable as the rest.

It's all good.

No harm, no foul.

:buddies:

Actually, I don't spend much time bashing the m&p. I like the m&p. ( I hate glock.) The trigger on the m&p is my ONLY complaint. It's a big complaint but the only one. I even like a glock trigger better. The look and the ergonomics are excellent. The first time I held one was a couple years ago when I went to a gun show to buy my first XD. I couldn't find the XD I was looking for so I started looking around. I came across a m&p45 and really liked how it felt. If the thing had a thumb safety I would have bought it. It wasn't until I shot one later that I found out how bad the trigger is.

Also, I'm not overly sensitive about XDs. All guns have flaws. There are a few things about the XD that I don't like. A lot of people aren't so realistic about their carry gun of choice. I just offered my opinion in this thread. That's all. I trust the XD, I'm confident with the XD and I know it can run with any gun out there. :ingo:

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Dog,

Here is a rather impressive XD torture test. It's a third of the round count of the m&p test you posted but there were no malfunctions and the only parts breakage was the striker status indicator, IIRC.

SPRINGFIELD ARMORY

b0Rn~c0nfus3d

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    i own both xd 9 sc and glock 27 i have to say the video says it best as it is a personal preference.i like them both and know both are reliable in a self defence situation.so each to their own.you decide whats best for you.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    For me between the to was the glock, The XD just seemed extremely top heavy and beefy in the slide department. It was not a good shooter for me IMO, I also didn't care for the grip of the xd. That is all personal variances and opinion, your mileage may vary.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Actually, I don't spend much time bashing the m&p. I like the m&p. ( I hate glock.) The trigger on the m&p is my ONLY complaint. It's a big complaint but the only one. I even like a glock trigger better. The look and the ergonomics are excellent. The first time I held one was a couple years ago when I went to a gun show to buy my first XD. I couldn't find the XD I was looking for so I started looking around. I came across a m&p45 and really liked how it felt. If the thing had a thumb safety I would have bought it. It wasn't until I shot one later that I found out how bad the trigger is.

Also, I'm not overly sensitive about XDs. All guns have flaws. There are a few things about the XD that I don't like. A lot of people aren't so realistic about their carry gun of choice. I just offered my opinion in this thread. That's all. I trust the XD, I'm confident with the XD and I know it can run with any gun out there. :ingo:

Could the trigger be better? yes. It's not as bad as some make it to be.

Take the XD I was given to shoot-Gritty, long and broke like a wet noodle.

However, even with it's flaws, it did run 100% and was reliable.

Like you, I'm confidant of the M&P. If I was not, it not be on my right hip or defending me and my family.

I don't buy junk and thoroughly vette my firearms, before they take a place in my safe or on my hip.

I have had a top shelf 1911 that would not run right out of the box, the 230gr ball, no matter how many "break in" rounds I fired.

It was sent back, supposedly fixed, only to choke on the same 230gr ball. I'm convinced that they never test fired it.

It was returned to the dealer.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, that while we can be fiercely loyal to a particular brand, in today's world, the HK's, Glock, S&W, XD's, Sigs....all have parity, even with their flaws.

It's all good..thanks for the spirited debate..:D

Oh I did see the XD test..

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    It is amazing that this many people are still attempting to discuss which one is better in a thread which should have remained a parody mocking those who do so.

:lmfao:

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Everyone has their own opinion and different levels of experience. Buy and carry what fits you the best. As long as you are happy and practice to be proficient that's what matters. I'll admit in the past I have stirred the pot a bit. Honestly though, all the Glock is the best crap gets old. I have experience with Glocks, Xd's, Xdm's, and M&P's.

1. Glock: Personally I do not like the grip angle, sights, trigger, and for me they do not have a natural point of aim. On that note they are both reliable and accurate for those that prefer them.

2. Xd/Xdm: I like the grip angle better on these platforms. I find the sights to be so so but for me they have a natural point of aim. I also prefer the trigger on the these platforms. What I do not like, is the size of the slide and the weight compared to the other platforms. Also I do not see the grip safety as a must, but did not find it to be a problem either. On that note they are both reliable and accurate for those that prefer them.

3. M&P: I too prefer the grip angle over the Glock. I also prefer the sights over the Glock, Xd, and Xdm. I also find them to have a natural point of aim. On that note they are both reliable and accurate for those that prefer them.

Personally I'm not a big fan of striker fired pistols. However, they are all great platforms in their own right. If there was a "best" pistol, then there where not be such a diverse market. What works for me may not work for you. Buy what fits you and practice often.

iceman46222

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Yes it is personal and a old and futile discussion. I like my glock's they are light and easy to conceal ,the XD is a heaver gun. That's why I like the glock.

Top Bottom