• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Man if Glock could get the 25 and 28 ATF approved...they would make money hand over fist on them.

Glock has had manufacturing capabilities in the US for several years now. They have been making frames here, which is the firearm in the ATFs eyes. All they have to do is tool up to produce the .380 frames here and poof, they're legal.

Perhaps with the .380 craze sweeping the US Glock will start producing them here.

D.T.O.M.

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 27, 2009
    martinsville
    I have had 4 XDs still have 2 and I really like them. But I want to get a Glock at some point and put some rounds down range to compare for myself. I would never tell anyone not to buy a Glock if they like the way it feels and shots. They make a very reliable hand gun the same as Springfield does! My 2 cents?

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Glock has had manufacturing capabilities in the US for several years now. They have been making frames here, which is the firearm in the ATFs eyes. All they have to do is tool up to produce the .380 frames here and poof, they're legal.

Perhaps with the .380 craze sweeping the US Glock will start producing them here.

If that was the case, I would think that Glock would have gotten off their butts and had one out by now.

It's not like the .380 craze is a recent development.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    In particular, the loaded chamber indicator on the XD... be sure to buy a punch to remove it so you can clean under it, or be prepared for it to get stuck in the "loaded" position. Hopefully you don't mar your finish too much cleaning it over the years.

I have to admit this is very aggravating. It's a PIA. Of course, it wouldn't be a much of a PIA for most people as the vast majority of INGO'ers don't go thru the rounds anywhere near as fast as we do.

How often do we see people post "I shot a lot this weekend" and it turns out a lot is 100 or 200 rounds, lol. That's cool but it seems that it takes 1,000 rounds of reloads with bulleye to cause the sticking.

To each his own, I prefer my XD to the gLock hands down. I won't ever buy a XD with a manual safety though. I would buy one without a grip safety though.

Someone said they thought the XD was "blockier" than a gLock... must have been a type-o. gLocks are blockiest clunkers around.

As to the m&p... why bother? S&W has botched so many semiautos in the past and throw in the track record of XD's and gLocks. mp's don't even rate.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I have to admit this is very aggravating. It's a PIA. Of course, it wouldn't be a much of a PIA for most people as the vast majority of INGO'ers don't go thru the rounds anywhere near as fast as we do.

How often do we see people post "I shot a lot this weekend" and it turns out a lot is 100 or 200 rounds, lol. That's cool but it seems that it takes 1,000 rounds of reloads with bulleye to cause the sticking.

To each his own, I prefer my XD to the gLock hands down. I won't ever buy a XD with a manual safety though. I would buy one without a grip safety though.

Someone said they thought the XD was "blockier" than a gLock... must have been a type-o. gLocks are blockiest clunkers around.

As to the m&p... why bother? S&W has botched so many semiautos in the past and throw in the track record of XD's and gLocks. mp's don't even rate.

I must be a rare one too..a trip to the range for me is at a minimum, is 500 rounds.More often than not, it's closer to 700-800.

You can have the XD though. The 500 rounds I ran through one left me going, Meh.

It did nothing better than a Glock does.

I was a solid and will still be a solid Glock supporter.

But the M&P has won me over.

Better ergos, just as accurate and reliable. Don't judge it because of S&W's past.

My M&P 45, has 1700 rounds through it, without a cleaning. Not a miss feed, bobble or failure to eject.

Some of the most different ammo you can imagine, reloads, Wolf, aluminum cased, factory Remington, WWB and Blazer.

My USP ,45 compact choked on the Wolf.

I'll put this M&P up against any other Polymer frame pistol.

Don't count the M&P out without trying it. I have, at least, tried other polymer frames.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2010
    Last edited:

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    YouTube - GlockKB ANOTHER SATISFIED CUSTOMER. OVERALL SIMPLICITY OF A GLCOCK, SIMPLY A POS. YouTube - Glock 23 kaboom WOAH WHAT HAPPENED THERE, TRADE THAT POS GLCOCK NOW! WHAT HAPPENED? YOUR POS BLEW UP AND ALMOST TURNED YOUR HAND INTO SWISS CHEESE. SHOULD HAVE BOUGHT A XD(SUPPORTED CHAMBER). TOO LATE NOW, YOU JUMPED ON THE GLCOCK BANDWAGON AND GOT BRAINWASHED INTO THINKING YOU BOUGHT A GOOD GUN, BUT YOU GOT A POS GLCOCK.

Dude..caps lock, turn it off.

So a Glock blew up.

Like a XD never did-
    XD+kaboom2.jpg

kaboom_02-tfb.jpg

XDKB4.jpg

Kabooming is not exclusive to Glock.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Dude..caps lock, turn it off.

So a Glock blew up.

Like a XD never did-
    XD+kaboom2.jpg

kaboom_02-tfb.jpg

XDKB4.jpg

Kabooming is not exclusive to Glock.

Kabooms with factory ammo caused by an under supported, oversized chamber is very much a glock thing. It doesn't work to post a pic of a gun that failed for another reason and think there is any reasonable comparison.

Regarding the OP, I've come to loath that video. I has a lot of stupid assumptions and illogic in it and every time one of these debates pop up someone slaps it in the thread like its going to solve anything. Stupid video.

Regarding the guns in question, the XD is the best polymer on the market right now. The trigger and grip ergonomics are particularly excellent. They are well built, well thought out, well designed firearms that just can't be beat right now. Glocks are poorly designed, clunky and ugly. I swear I've felt better triggers on nerf guns and the grip appears to have been designed for an arthritic ape.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    Kabooms with factory ammo caused by an under supported, oversized chamber is very much a glock thing. It doesn't work to post a pic of a gun that failed for another reason and think there is any reasonable comparison.

Regarding the OP, I've come to loath that video. I has a lot of stupid assumptions and illogic in it and every time one of these debates pop up someone slaps it in the thread like its going to solve anything. Stupid video.

Regarding the guns in question, the XD is the best polymer on the market right now. The trigger and grip ergonomics are particularly excellent. They are well built, well thought out, well designed firearms that just can't be beat right now. Glocks are poorly designed, clunky and ugly. I swear I've felt better triggers on nerf guns and the grip appears to have been designed for an arthritic ape.

Well we can all have our opinions and you know what they say....:D

You are right, no one knows how those XD's kaboomed, just like we will really never truly know how the Glocks of internet lore exploded.

I have a 23 that at last count has roughly 10,000 rounds through it.

Still got my fingers..by your logic, I should have been picking up my fingers off the ground, a while ago.:D

I'm sure you love the XD. The best polymer on the market. Hardly.

It's big, clunky and boxy. Horrible ergonomics, horrible trigger and a grip safety that feels more of an after thought than part of the design. It's bore axis is to high.

Is it accurate and reliable, yes to a point.

Best on the market...not even close.;)

Local481

Plinker
    Rating - 81.8%
    9   2   0
    Jun 1, 2010
    I have owne glock and a XD. I like the XD in the compact tactical version and thats about where it stops. Glock are great guns and if you are worried about having a manual safty buy a glock sliderlock.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    I must be a rare one too..a trip to the range for me is at a minimum, is 500 rounds.More often than not, it's closer to 700-800.
    Yep yep. I'm also out 3+ times a month. Probably makes us 'gun nuts' ;)
    My USP ,45 compact choked on the Wolf.

I had 2 USP 45's and my friend had a USP 45, all different date codes and all 3 were jamomatics with wolf.

I had better reliability out of my JA22 than a USP with wolf.

Kingerelli, you've got some rep coming for that 'arthritic ape gLock grip" Thats GOLD! :D

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus

You are right, no one knows how those XD's kaboomed, just like we will really never truly know how the Glocks of internet lore exploded.

Still got my fingers..by your logic, I should have been picking up my fingers off the ground, a while ago.:D

It's big, clunky and boxy. Horrible ergonomics, horrible trigger and a grip safety that feels more of an after thought than part of the design. It's bore axis is to high.

And Glock is right?

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    And Glock is right?

Nope..I think that there is parity among them all, for the most part.

I only speak for myself-I think that among the polymer pistols, that, based on my experience, with HK, Glock, XD and the S&W M&P, that the best on the market, FOR ME, is the M&P.

Better ergos than the rest and just as reliable and accurate as the rest.

People want to dismiss M&P's because of the past autoloaders from Smith, mainly the Sigma.

They learned, listened and produced the M&P.

Don't dis it until you try one.

I tried the XD, I gave it 500 rounds to impress me, it failed.

Your mileage may vary, action figures not included, not valid in all states.

:D

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Nope..I think that there is parity among them all, for the most part.

I only speak for myself-I think that among the polymer pistols, that, based on my experience, with HK, Glock, XD and the S&W M&P, that the best on the market, FOR ME, is the M&P.

Better ergos than the rest and just as reliable and accurate as the rest.

People want to dismiss M&P's because of the past autoloaders from Smith, mainly the Sigma.

They learned, listened and produced the M&P.

Don't dis it until you try one.

I tried the XD, I gave it 500 rounds to impress me, it failed.

Your mileage may vary, action figures not included, not valid in all states.

:D

I have shot all three and I too prefer the M&P out of those three. For me personaly though I prefer the FNP.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I have had fleeting interest in the FNP, unfortunately I know no one that has one, so I have no range time with one.

What I have read though, about them, has been all positive.

I knew nothing about them until I bought my FNP9 last year. It fit my hand better then any other polymer framed pistol to date. I also prefer a hammer over a striker it just feels more consistent to me. As to date I have ran 550 rounds through my 9 with no malfunctions. It has cycled multiple brands of FMJ and JHP ammo. A big plus for me is they come with interchangable back straps and three mags. I had an Xd .40 service but liked the 9 so much I sold it and bought a FNP40 to replace it. The only downside I have seen is the lack of holsters. They have a striker fired FNS and a compact in the works but no idea when they are supposed to be released.

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle

What you won't see with an XD is factory ammo with the case blown out at the base where it is unsupported. I know you glock guys will go as far as blaming the metallurgy of the case but it is ignorant and silly to not admit that glock's chamber design is conducive to kabooms.

Please quote where I expressed or implied that all glocks will eventually blow up. What? You can't? This must be another empty argument then, huh?

There are a few aspects of the XD that generally draw the criticism of its detractors. The ergonomics and trigger are rarely it. The grip is very thin for a polymer gun, barely wider than a lot of 1911s with factory grips. The trigger is a true single action so it will naturally be light and crisp. Regarding bore axis, can you give me precise measurements from the apex of the grip to the axis of the bore for the glock, XD and M&P? I'm interested to if you actually have something more than subjective opinion.

I find it interested that you criticize the XD trigger and later say your gun of choice is the M&P, one of the few guns that has a worse trigger than a glock. Apex tactical has a bright future as it seems m&p owners are quick to run out and get their trigger kit as soon as they buy the gun. Smith & Wesson has never done semi auto triggers well. Though I suppose I should leave room for the possibility that some people may enjoy a trigger that a lot stiffer than it needs to be and feels like the mechanism is full of sand. :dunno:

YouTube - Comparison: G21SF, FNP45 and XD45

I posted that a couple days ago... it's a serious comparison between 3 pistols which includes my XD45 and Glock 21 (and FNP 45).

I actually encountered the same problem of inadvertently locking the slide back with the XD factory slide release. I installed the Pistol Gear extended slide stop and it won't happen again. The new slide stop is longer and extends further out from the gun than the factory stop but is very thin top to bottom. I really like that the slide stop on the XD is as far to the rear as it is. Unlike most other pistols I don't have to change my grip at all to release the slide. Unfortunately it can cause premature slide lock. It's a blessing and a curse.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I find it interested that you criticize the XD trigger and later say your gun of choice is the M&P, one of the few guns that has a worse trigger than a glock. Apex tactical has a bright future as it seems m&p owners are quick to run out and get their trigger kit as soon as they buy the gun. Smith & Wesson has never done semi auto triggers well. Though I suppose I should leave room for the possibility that some people may enjoy a trigger that a lot stiffer than it needs to be and feels like the mechanism is full of sand. :dunno:

I actually encountered the same problem of inadvertently locking the slide back with the XD factory slide release. I installed the Pistol Gear extended slide stop and it won't happen again. The new slide stop is longer and extends further out from the gun than the factory stop but is very thin top to bottom. I really like that the slide stop on the XD is as far to the rear as it is. Unlike most other pistols I don't have to change my grip at all to release the slide. Unfortunately it can cause premature slide lock. It's a blessing and a curse.

Sorry, I don't have the XD that I shot in front of me, or I would compare the bore axis.

I find that those that are quick to dismiss a gun have never shot the one they be hate'n, I, on the other hand, have had range time with a XD, so my opinion is based on real, world experience with the XD.

Look, sorry to have hit a nerve by cutting on the XD, it's my opinion, you ain't got like it or even believe in it.:D

I'll put my M&P against any polymer pistol on the market now.

Pistol Training.net ran a M&P 9mm for 62,333 rounds-
    pistol-training.com Blog Archive M&P Endurance Test Ends

pistol-training.com Blog Archive M&P Monday: Week Thirty-Three

Both Larry Vickers and Ken Hackathorn both endorse and recommend the M&P.

Not bad for a pistol you like to poo-poo on...:D

If you like the XD, fine..that's your choice. I'll stick to my M&P, with a better grip and just as accurate and reliable as the rest.

It's all good.

No harm, no foul.

:buddies:

Top Bottom