• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 812riedeman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Well thanks you guys for the info and I'm sure I will be glad with my first handgun. Hell if I fall in love with it glock maybe the only brand handgun I buy. I just talked to my friend and he is throwing in his glock belt holster too

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I have heard alot of good things about their barrels, but i do not have any personal experience with them. Lone Wolf are good barrels and they are drop in. BarSto are nice, but semi drop in so they may require minor gunsmithing to be fitted perfect.

Storm Lake are may favorite replacement barrels. :D

That said, I shot my G34 with the factory barrel since I used WWB from Walmart all of last season.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Well thanks you guys for the info and I'm sure I will be glad with my first handgun. Hell if I fall in love with it glock maybe the only brand handgun I buy. I just talked to my friend and he is throwing in his glock belt holster too

nothing wrong with having several glocks!!! :D be careful they can be addicting! :ingo:

812riedeman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Ok I'm sold on my friends glock 35 picking it up tomorrow. I will let you all know what I think about it and I will be placing an order for a strom lake barrel to so I can reload

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Ok I'm sold on my friends glock 35 picking it up tomorrow. I will let you all know what I think about it and I will be placing an order for a strom lake barrel to so I can reload

You can reload just fine with the factory glock barrel, just buy barrys bullets, they are lead that is copper washed, no biggie $40/500

812riedeman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    Ok I will look them up and ill show some pics of my new handgun when I pick it up and all the goodies that came with it

812riedeman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2010
    sorry to thread jack but since its a glock thread....is glock making a gen 4 29? if so i may have to sell my 36 and buy a twin for my other 29
    Oh your fine I named this thread glock handguns cuz I wanted to learn more about the glocks so thread jack all you want the more people do the more I learn about glocks

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Oh your fine I named this thread glock handguns cuz I wanted to learn more about the glocks so thread jack all you want the more people do the more I learn about glocks

If you search the term "glock" here there's a wealth of information.

Also, There's a magazine called GLOCK AUTOPISTOLS you can pick up at your local bookstore - an interesting read!

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Just a few words about lead bullet reloads. In 9mm, I wouldn't worry like I would if I was loading .40. There are several factors in the .40 Glocks that have made using lead bullets an issue, or part of an issue that can lead to catastrophic issues with the barrel. If you were going to buy a barrel in 9mm to use in this pistol, and didn't want to buy a match type barrel, you could get a Glock factory (assuming it is a direct replacement?). That would let you use Glock fired brass, as opposed to fully resizing your brass to run in a match barrel chamber.

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    If you were going to buy a barrel in 9mm to use in this pistol, and didn't want to buy a match type barrel, you could get a Glock factory (assuming it is a direct replacement?). That would let you use Glock fired brass, as opposed to fully resizing your brass to run in a match barrel chamber.

A Glock OEM 9mm barrel will not function on a 40 S&W Glock as a conversion barrel. The 40S&W barrel is quite a bit wider. A 9mm OEM barrel will seem to fit, but there will be a ton of slop where the barrel end mates with the slide, and there is a good chance that breechface alignment will be off.

You will need to go aftermarket to get a conversion barrel to shoot 9mm out of your G35.

But I agree with your experiences with lead bullets. No problems here shooting lead reloads out of the 9mm glocks. Wouldn't attempt it in a 40 with the OEM barrel though.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    I hear the .40 brass shot out of a Glock is hard to re-size, is that true? I have shot reloads off of the same guy for over 40 years and he told me the other day he had to buy a special machine to re-size the .40 brass. He said the conventional way squashes the case a little and fatigues the brass. :dunno:

m_deaner

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 1, 2008
    Eastside Indy
    I hear the .40 brass shot out of a Glock is hard to re-size, is that true? I have shot reloads off of the same guy for over 40 years and he told me the other day he had to buy a special machine to re-size the .40 brass. He said the conventional way squashes the case a little and fatigues the brass. :dunno:

:dunno: is right... I've reloaded lots of 40, much of it fired from Glocks, and have yet to have a problem. I use a Lee factory crimp die in my last station to fix the bulge.
    I think the "glocked brass" problem is way overblown.

fastwally

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    Peru
    :dunno: is right... I've reloaded lots of 40, much of it fired from Glocks, and have yet to have a problem. I use a Lee factory crimp die in my last station to fix the bulge.
    I think the "glocked brass" problem is way overblown.

Don't take this wrong, I'm just telling you more I remember about what he said. He loads thousands and thousands of 40's every year for most of the ranges and private sales around this area and I think some in Indy. Anyway, he was telling me he bought this special re-sizing mach just for 40's for about $3500. and was going to have to add another one and the price had went up to over $6k. I just wondered why you would spend that kind of money if it wasn't needed.

Oh, the re-loader is B&K Bullet Casting of Peru if you know of him.

Top Bottom