• ...and so much more!
  • openwell

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 31, 2014
    Carmel
    I love glocks.
    just don't see any value in having 22lr version.
    you train with the gun you carry.
    learn to handle the recoil.
    just don't see any kids being competent enough to handle a glock trigger.
    glock will probably sell them and you may be able to buy one really very cheap 6 mos.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Lotta interesting stuff here.

This gun was designed to be twice as reliable as any of the competition. Reliability with any ammo. Consequently, 10 rounds is THE Glock magazine and there will be no MOS version. MOS version would vary the slide weight which is critical to reliability.

The internals are very similar or the same as a Gen5 G19.

The gun was designed to be dry fired and it has a fluted chamber. Shoots 1" groups at 25 yards out of the box.

No threaded barrel models sold in America, but the barrel can be bought from Glock to install.

[video=youtube;i_4tdgMbh78]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_4tdgMbh78[/video]

Last edited:

SubicWarrior1988

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    central
    I'm stoked and will be in the market when this thing drops in mid January. Perfect handgun for new shooters, guests to the range and cheap training. Sign me up.

abeguzmanmarine

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    TERRE HAUTE

This gun was designed to be twice as reliable as any of the competition. Reliability with any ammo. Consequently, 10 rounds is THE Glock magazine and there will be no MOS version. MOS version would vary the slide weight which is critical to reliability.

The gun was designed to be dry fired and it has a fluted chamber. Shoots 1" groups at 25 yards out of the box.

No threaded barrel models sold in America, but the barrel can be bought from Glock to install.

excellent review with good information, always looking for reliable 22s, I will indulge

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

OK, you got my attention with that "1 inch groups at 25 yards" comment. :coffee:
    With my eyes, probably not, but there is always the hope of getting lucky. :lmfao:
    Too bad it doesn't have a rail on top like many .22LR target-type with adjustable rear sights do to throw a red dot onto it if it has that type of accuracy.
    I still couldn't do it w/o the help of an optic. :dunno:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    After seeing the TFB video, I may give one of these a shot next year. I don’t mind design choices that eliminate popular features in the name of reliability. Right now, I use a CZ P07 with a .22lr Kadet kit to introduce new shooters to shooting. If they do well, we step up to the 9mm and then to .40 if they have an interest. The G44 would let me do the same thing with the Glock platform. Start with the G44 and then move to the G19 and if the interest is there, to the G23.

700 LTR 223

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 5, 2008
    I might consider one but wish it were closer to a G48 in size. But I understand Glock going with a size that mimics their much more popular G19. Seeing the open sights clearly will be an issue , need to get my new prescription soon. Although among my open sight handguns the Glock big white dot front sight is the easiest for me to see.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    After seeing the TFB video, I may give one of these a shot next year. I don’t mind design choices that eliminate popular features in the name of reliability. Right now, I use a CZ P07 with a .22lr Kadet kit to introduce new shooters to shooting. If they do well, we step up to the 9mm and then to .40 if they have an interest. The G44 would let me do the same thing with the Glock platform. Start with the G44 and then move to the G19 and if the interest is there, to the G23.

I'm with you: after seeing the video it did spark some interest b/c of the reliability with all ammo, temps and even accuracy (which I didn't expect).
    I've only made it through less than half of the video & I was impressed: showing good groups & potential of 1" accurate at 25 yds.?
    Got my attention even though I'd ever be able to do that :laugh:.

Some of the stats, like taking 3 yrs. instead of 1 yr. to get this .22LR ready (problem free) created alot of respect.
    I'm so tired finding out that many .22LR guns for SW, Walther, Berettta, Colt, GSG and more are really subbed out to Umarex just isn't right (imo).
    They don't measure up and you have to replace parts with working parts and find ammo it will actually shoot even just for most of the time, and they still shoot all over the place.
    I bought a SW MP Compact .22LR just b/c I discovered that Smith actually made it themselves instead of farming it out to Umarex (like the SW MP 22 that came out before the Compact).

Finding out that they put thousands of rounds through test models w/o cleaning them with all ammo and all temperatures was impressive.
    I still wish the 44 had a rail, but I can't wait to see if I can do 1 inch groups at 7 yds, which is about my skill level, but if I had a red dot on it, maybe I could get that at 16.7 yards (50') at one of the ranges I shoot.
    Got to respect Glock for dealing with all the issues that must come up in dealing with producing a reliable gun while other manufacturers don't address problematic issues yrs. after they are being sold with forums telling everyone how to fix things that manufacturers won't even bother with. :wallbash:

hpclayto

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   1
    Nov 8, 2008
    I love glocks.
    just don't see any value in having 22lr version.
    you train with the gun you carry.
    learn to handle the recoil.
    just don't see any kids being competent enough to handle a glock trigger.
    glock will probably sell them and you may be able to buy one really very cheap 6 mos.

It’s not about recoil management it’s about cost. There’s only so much you can do dry. Having actual trigger reset/recoil/weapon manipulations/mag changes etc. is invaluable. 1,0000 rounds of .22 vs. 1,000 rounds of 9mm is a big difference in the money department. Also shooting .22’s is just fun.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    It’s not about recoil management it’s about cost. There’s only so much you can do dry. Having actual trigger reset/recoil/weapon manipulations/mag changes etc. is invaluable. 1,0000 rounds of .22 vs. 1,000 rounds of 9mm is a big difference in the money department. Also shooting .22’s is just fun.

Great to train a new shooter.
    Have them shoot a G44 before you give them a G19.

GlockMan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    GSSF has updated their rules for the G44.

[FONT=&quot]RIMFIRE
    170.160 This division is for all competitors, both Amateur and Master, who wish to compete with their stock GLOCK G44 .22 rimfire firearm. Please note that in this Division you may load up to eleven rounds and will shoot every available cardboard target with two (2) rounds per string as is the case with every other Division EXCEPT Major Subcompact and Pocket GLOCKs. GSSF reserves the right to at any time add any new GLOCK firearm to this Division should GLOCK, Inc. introduce such a firearm whose characteristics are comparable to the model presently included.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]It will be split between Masters and Amateurs, like most of the other Divisions. Plates will be ring & paint, ala G42s.[/FONT]

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    GSSF has updated their rules for the G44.
    [FONT=&amp]RIMFIRE
    170.160 This division is for all competitors, both Amateur and Master, who wish to compete with their stock GLOCK G44 .22 rimfire firearm. Please note that in this Division you may load up to eleven rounds and will shoot every available cardboard target with two (2) rounds per string as is the case with every other Division EXCEPT Major Subcompact and Pocket GLOCKs. GSSF reserves the right to at any time add any new GLOCK firearm to this Division should GLOCK, Inc. introduce such a firearm whose characteristics are comparable to the model presently included.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]It will be split between Masters and Amateurs, like most of the other Divisions. Plates will be ring & paint, ala G42s.[/FONT]

I was expecting this and I think it will spur sales all on its own.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Great to train a new shooter.
    Have them shoot a G44 before you give them a G19.
    I think that's really the only reason i will buy one of these is to train my kids on it in preparation for the g19.
    I dont train with .22 ammo. I shoot my carry gun with carry ammo so I can sight my optic and then i train with 124gr ammo.
    Shooting with .22 ammo is pointless to me if you are already a trained shooter.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I think that's really the only reason i will buy one of these is to train my kids on it in preparation for the g19.
    I dont train with .22 ammo. I shoot my carry gun with carry ammo so I can sight my optic and then i train with 124gr ammo.
    Shooting with .22 ammo is pointless to me if you are already a trained shooter.

Don’t let Turbo hear you say that!

I’ve had some good experiences in practicing with .22lr, then switching to 9mm or .40. I have a .22lr Kadet kit for my P07s and occasionally, I’ll run the .22lr upper for 100 rounds, then switch to .40 for another 50 and I find that I shoot that last 50 rounds a bit better with the additional practice before.

Difference though is that I’m just switching out the slide and running the same trigger/frame underneath it. I will have to see if running a Glock 44 before running a Glock 23 makes a difference.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    I'll often warm up at the range with a .22. Slow fire, work on fundamentals.

Then it's 9mm for a while.

Then a cool-down back with the .22 to work on keeping the fundamentals when your hands and arms are fatigued.

Still don't know if I want a G44 or not.

Areoflyer09

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 28, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Don’t let Turbo hear you say that!

I’ve had some good experiences in practicing with .22lr, then switching to 9mm or .40. I have a .22lr Kadet kit for my P07s and occasionally, I’ll run the .22lr upper for 100 rounds, then switch to .40 for another 50 and I find that I shoot that last 50 rounds a bit better with the additional practice before.

Difference though is that I’m just switching out the slide and running the same trigger/frame underneath it. I will have to see if running a Glock 44 before running a Glock 23 makes a difference.

Lol

To be fair none of my 22s are trainers, just pure enjoyment. So I don’t really disagree with TT.

It’s the reliability that got my attention. The numbers I’m seeing are silly high for a 22. One review yesterday had 3 rounds have an issue out of 2200. That’s a .13% failure rate on a rimfire. And if it sounds like it will be just as reliable with a suppressor which makes it more alluring to me.

I figure I will probably have one by my bday.

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Lol

To be fair none of my 22s are trainers, just pure enjoyment. So I don’t really disagree with TT.

It’s the reliability that got my attention. The numbers I’m seeing are silly high for a 22. One review yesterday had 3 rounds have an issue out of 2200. That’s a .13% failure rate on a rimfire. And if it sounds like it will be just as reliable with a suppressor which makes it more alluring to me.

I figure I will probably have one by my bday.

A video I saw said that this gun took them 3 years to develop because they poured so much into reliability. Apparently 1 year is the standard for all the other model pistols.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/

GLOCK G44 22LR 10RD 4.02" PISTOL, BLACK - UA4450101

$ 359.00

[FONT=&amp]SKU: 5165491808[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]UPC: 764503035920[/FONT]