• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    A video I saw said that this gun took them 3 years to develop because they poured so much into reliability. Apparently 1 year is the standard for all the other model pistols.

To be honest, how much development really goes into a generation change on a Glock. New texture, remove or add finger grooves and tweak the action a bit. The basic engineering has been done for decades. This was new ground for them, so they took their time to get it right. I like that in a company.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    The only thing I’m excited about with the G44 is seeing street prices already below $360. At that price, I may have to find a reason to buy one.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Don’t let Turbo hear you say that!

I’ve had some good experiences in practicing with .22lr, then switching to 9mm or .40. I have a .22lr Kadet kit for my P07s and occasionally, I’ll run the .22lr upper for 100 rounds, then switch to .40 for another 50 and I find that I shoot that last 50 rounds a bit better with the additional practice before.

Difference though is that I’m just switching out the slide and running the same trigger/frame underneath it. I will have to see if running a Glock 44 before running a Glock 23 makes a difference.

Same here with my AA kit. Seems to settle me down and get me in the swing of things and then switch to 9mm. Having more than 1 Glock 19, so I can dedicate a frame to it at the range also makes it nice. Same for having an M&P 22 Compact, etc.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    https://palmettostatearmory.com/

GLOCK G44 22LR 10RD 4.02" PISTOL, BLACK - UA4450101

$ 359.00

[FONT=&amp]SKU: 5165491808[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]UPC: 764503035920[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]MFR#: UA4450101[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    • Brand: Glock
    • Model: G44
    • Caliber: 22lr
    • Capacity: 10
    • Barrel Length: 4.02"
    • OAL: 7.28"
    • Frame Material: Polymer
    • # of Mags: Two (2)
    • Sights: Adjustable
    • Barrel: Glock Marksman Barrel
    • Safety: Safe Action
    • Weight: 14.64 oz.
    [/FONT]

You need to hurry up and buy one of these. Do a big massive review to tell us all about. Then list the gun in the classies, so I can buy it. :)

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    You need to hurry up and buy one of these. Do a big massive review to tell us all about. Then list the gun in the classies, so I can buy it. :)

I so deserve that! :ugh: He was the pre-retirement doddg, he has gone away & cannot afford to return. :coffee:
    This is what my brain is telling me when I think about it: :nono:

If key people who know me & talk to me privately tell me I must have it, then I'll buy it at one or two local shops that have the best prices around.
    One of them already has said that the Ruger LCP 2 semi-auto .22LR, 10 round mag was a fun little gun & I had one in my hand, but since they come with only 1 mag I was able to resist. :laugh:
    If Rural King would have one of their great really low price specials on them, would be another way to save on FFL fees & reduced shipping fees.

I'm finishing up a bathroom remodel for the wife this coming Monday (hopefully), so my "new" gun money is being spent daily. :dunno:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    To be honest, how much development really goes into a generation change on a Glock. New texture, remove or add finger grooves and tweak the action a bit. The basic engineering has been done for decades. This was new ground for them, so they took their time to get it right. I like that in a company.

That is what peaked my interest as well.
    I have no patience with a "finicky" gun that needs "certain" ammo only, although I don't mind one brand shooting more accurately than another.
    I have sold guns that I liked b/c they would not cycle with most brands: life is too short for the aggravation.

aporter

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 11, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I bought a Glock 44 today for $359 from Indiana Firearms in Lebanon. If you haven't been in there, I recommend Steve's shop. Prices are good, nice smaller town LGS.

So, I bought the Glock for the fact that it is a .22LR pistol with the dimensions of my G19. I thought it would be cheaper to shoot and practice (although less recoil) than the 19. The rear sight looks a little different, and I assume with the polymer slide the standard Glock site wouldn't work (or too expensive for Glock to install). I haven't fired it yet, but planning a trip to my buddies this weekend.

From what I read a lot of people were a little disappointed that this was Glocks big announcement this year. I thought that 30 years in without a .22 and they are a little past due. I also think that this is a great marketing standpoint for possible the new to shooting/shooting sports crowd and will be almost like a feeder system into the larger caliber pistols Glock manufactures as these "new" shooters get more comfortable and confident.

Has anybody else purchased and or fired the G44? Any thoughts or feedback in general?

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I broke down today & bought the Glock 44 at my favorite LGS for buying new guns, of which I rarely buy new. :dunno:
    I was finishing up my bath remodel today & checked my email when I broke for lunch & saw they were for sale for $363 + tax/$25 = $385, & decided I would ride the wave of the hype. :rockwoot:

I called them and bought it over the phone since I couldn't get away today with work b/c I was afraid their supply would be snapped up, and I wanted to buy locally.

Don't even know if I'll be able to get to the range tomorrow, but at least the bath is done.
    I have to go out of town unexpectedly sometime this week or next, so I do hope to get to the range before that.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis

I had to laugh again when I realized it was you who had made this comment a few days ago, since I never intended to buy the 44 so soon, but timing is everything (and weakness :dunno:).
    I already had 1 person text me and say he had 1st dibs on it since he knows the 44 with its 12.6 oz lightness, doesn't fit the profile of my usual preference in a .22LR: I like them made of metal & the heavier the better.
    But, Glock is touting the barrel as being accurate, and accompanied with the reported reliability, I might be able to live with it.
    I have many many brands of .22LR I've acquired over time, so we'll find out if it shoots nearly everything.
    It will be fun, since I love the process of vetting a new-to-me gun.

HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    I think the 44 is a great product. I haven’t shot, or purchased one yet, but I probably will because I do not currently have a .22 pistol and my 9mm’s are still a bit much for my young kids.
    I think it will be great for training and fun.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I broke down today & bought the Glock 44 at my favorite LGS for buying new guns, of which I rarely buy new. :dunno:
    I was finishing up my bath remodel today & checked my email when I broke for lunch & saw they were for sale for $363 + tax/$25 = $385, & decided I would ride the wave of the hype. :rockwoot:

I called them and bought it over the phone since I couldn't get away today with work b/c I was afraid their supply would be snapped up, and I wanted to buy locally.

Don't even know if I'll be able to get to the range tomorrow, but at least the bath is done.
    I have to go out of town unexpectedly sometime this week or next, so I do hope to get to the range before that.

That's a decent price, I saw one today at Highsmiths that I think was 369.00.

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    138   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    I was at Point Blank in Greenwood shooting the Glock 44 and they said they had it for $389, but I have an email that showed a special for $359 (don't remember for how long).
    Not the first time I've found that a floor worker didn't know what specials they had going at a LGS. :dunno:
    I had just driven from up North where I bought it for $363, which was an unnecessary drive of 1.5 hours if I would have known. :ugh:

I'll post my range targets & comments in a bit.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom