• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    If you're not set on a NIB one, you might try looking in the classifieds here. I constantly see good deals, not always on G19s, but when a G19 does pop up I beat myself up over not having the money for another.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    There are many other options other than H&H and I would consider H&H a last option. Ranger Supply Co. on Getz Rd. (Russ is great and has the best prices around), K&T Guns over in New Haven (Nice guy and his shop is really growing), Shooters over in New Haven (Jerry is a pretty good guy with ok prices), Ed Hirshy (I have never dealt with him, but have heard both good and bad). Short drive to Churubusco and you have Tomlinson's (good friendly people), another drive to the south and you have 21st Century Firearms (big selection, pretty good prices). Good luck with your search.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Thanks again for all the info guys, I think im going to go shopping around tomorrow. Hopefully I can pull the trigger on something (no pun intended).

With all the help ive been given so far on this forum... well I think ill stick around for a bit. Good people on here! Thank you!

btw, are any of you guys members at izaak walton? Im there frequently (especially when its warm) so if anyone wants to set up some kind of gun club meet im all for it! If youve never been there, they have skeet shoot, trap, 100 yard 50 yard and its either 30 or 25 yard ranges, lots of places to go camp or hike too. Overall a great place to be! (im NOT affiliated with IW, just sayin!)

blake2981

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Greenfield
    Elmore's on the southside of Indy is great to deal with and have very competitive pricing. 520 N State Road 135 # I, Greenwood, IN 46142
    (317) 888-5400

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Congrats for getting a great gun, Now you just need to get a new team :D (just j/k'n, ok not really but am busting your ... :):)

Ive been waiting for some hoosier to try and bust my balls! Hey, we cant all like the BEST team. Im surprised your boy peyton even made the playoffs this year with how ****ty hes been playin! (I too am playing haha all in good fun buddy)

:popcorn:

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    What shop did you choose :dunno:

And congrats on the new purchase!

I would have a good guess where he bought it from.... Appears he paid for it, then picks it up later.... Who do you know that has some of the best prices in town, but does have a smaller inventory and would likely have to order ? Just a haunch I have is all.... :D

To the OP.... Congrats ! A good choice...

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    They had none in stock. I dont believe they even called the call center to run a background check. Id imagine they have to wait to have the serial numbers or something. That or they ran my dads id in their computer????? (im 20 until april 17th)

I had no delay when I bought my wasr 10 though, and he has a spotless record...

im still waiting for guesses! hahh

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    They had none in stock. I dont believe they even called the call center to run a background check. Id imagine they have to wait to have the serial numbers or something. That or they ran my dads id in their computer????? (im 20 until april 17th)

I had no delay when I bought my wasr 10 though, and he has a spotless record...

im still waiting for guesses! hahh

I don't think they need the serial number to get you or your dad cleared.... If you went where I think you went, I have had them do it both ways... Usually, they ask me whats more convient... If I have time then, or would prefer in a few days after they receive it...

I'll guess Ranger or 21st based on price

Good guess... I would guess Ranger... I was just there last friday and saw no G19 gen 3 in stock.... :D Besides, I would guess 21st with their inventory, would have one...

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    haha, ready for this...

HandH!.... :ugh:

I took your advice. I went to ranger, and 21st. Great guys, very friendly and a good selection. They were priced in the ballpark of $509... but I buy there until I shopped around everywhere.

I called HandH, luckily I got a hold of the owner. I told him "look buddy, i can bring you 50 printouts of websites selling for $499, zxguns sells for $499 and will be at the colosseum this weekend. Id like to give you my business, but theres no way im paying almost $600 for a $500 gun. What can you do for me?" He said, "the lowest i can go is $509 after tax, just come in and pay cash and tell them that mike sent you."

I walked in, told them mike sent me, bought it, and the rest is history!

I was going to go back to ranger as they were also very close and I was happy with their service, but they wouldnt come down on price, and HandH gives you free range passes as well as a 1 year warranty on top of the MFG lifetime (something I dont plan on needing, but its nice if I ever have a problem... kinda like carrying a gun in the first place). I also didnt feel like wasting anymore gas driving around. (handh was the last place I looked)

Im very sorry if any of you feel like I wasted your time by asking, but believe me I found a wealth of info and great places to spend my money. I WILL be back to ranger and 21st very soon!!!! Like I said, great people.

The lesson: "barter!"

Last edited:

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    haha, ready for this...

HandH!.... :ugh:

I took your advice. I went to ranger, and 21st. Great guys, very friendly and a good selection. They were priced in the ballpark of $509... but I didnt go there.

I called HandH, luckily I got a hold of the owner. I told him "look buddy, i can bring you 50 printouts of websites selling for $499, zxguns sells for $499 and will be at the colosseum this weekend. Id like to give you my business, but theres no way im paying almost $600 for a $500 gun. What can you do for me?" He said, "the lowest i can go is $509 after tax, just come in and pay cash and tell them that mike sent you."

I walked in, told them mike sent me, bought it, and the rest is history!

I was going to go back to ranger as they were also very close and I was happy with their service, but they wouldnt come down on price, and HandH gives you free range passes as well as a 1 year warranty on top of the MFG lifetime (something I dont plan on needing, but its nice if I ever have a problem... kinda like carrying a gun in the first place). I also didnt feel like wasting anymore gas driving around. (handh was the last place I looked)

Im very sorry if any of you feel like I wasted your time by asking, but believe me I found a wealth of info and great places to spend my money. I WILL be back to ranger and 21st very soon!!!! Like I said, great people.

The lesson: "barter!"

LOL.... I would not of guessed it ! No need to think you wasted anyones time.... Glad to see you found a way to get it at a convient place for yourself along with getting it at a fair price...

+1 for figuring out how to get what you were looking for at a fair price, regardless where from...

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Midwest Gun Exchange generally has great prices on Glocks. I pd 459 for a gen 3 19 not long ago. I know they are not "local" for you. i drive about an hour and 15 round trip to go there and think its worth it.

Yep, Midwest has good prices on Glocks. That is where I picked mine up. The Elkhart shop should have the same prices as well. Bob at the Mishawaka shop is good to deal with, he'll take the time to talk a bit even when they're swamped. IF you can get to Goshen, check out ZX Gun or if you're in Fort Wayne the 8th and 9th, check them out at the show.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    Here she is! :)

25fsqbl.jpg

thanks again for the help everyone!

Top Bottom