• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    You haven't linked anything related to climate change. You have linked two articles about weather.

Funny you mention wanting it both ways, because that is exactly what the anti-science extremists have done with PDO. When its warmer its the PDO and not climate change. When it is cooler - aha! Climate change isn't happening. Science has to remind your types every couple decades the difference between weather systems and climate change.

I guess my type can at least think critically.

I reject your premise. If global warming is really happening as you say, then it would mitigate the effects of PDO. We wouldn't see record cold winters.

It's funny that when it's warmer, aha! That's global warming! When it's cooler, nothing to see here, just a weather system. These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along.

Sorry to break this to you, but that's a hokey religion, not science.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I guess my type can at least think critically.

I reject your premise. If global warming is really happening as you say, then it would mitigate the effects of PDO. We wouldn't see record cold winters.

It's funny that when it's warmer, aha! That's global warming! When it's cooler, nothing to see here, just a weather system. These aren't the droids you're looking for. Move along.

Sorry to break this to you, but that's a hokey religion, not science.

Again, PDO - the last word, OSCILLATION. PDO doesn't generate or retain heat. It moves heat. Right now it isn't. 30 years ago, it was. It OSCILLATES in the Pacific Northwest. Meanwhile, global temperatures go up. I have linked the science. You can read it if you choose.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Again, PDO - the last word, OSCILLATION. PDO doesn't generate or retain heat. It moves heat. Right now it isn't. 30 years ago, it was. It OSCILLATES in the Pacific Northwest. Meanwhile, global temperatures go up. I have linked the science. You can read it if you choose.

Again, either the heat is there or it's not, regardless if it's being moved.

If global warming is true, the movement of the heat, or lack thereof, will be mitigated, and wouldn't produce record cold temperatures.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

If global warming is true, the movement of the heat, or lack thereof, will be mitigated, and wouldn't produce record cold temperatures.

Perhaps thinking of PDO like this will help. PDO is an example of internal variability and not an act of external forcing. I don't know how else to explain the science. You really should give it a read. PDO does not add or subtract energy from a climate system.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Perhaps thinking of PDO like this will help. PDO is an example of internal variability and not an act of external forcing. I don't know how else to explain the science. You really should give it a read. PDO does not add or subtract energy from a climate system.

Exactly. So if the climate is warmer, then it's warmer. Having record cold temperatures and record Bearing Sea ice would seem to indicate the planet as a whole isn't getting warmer.

Even if heat isn't being transferred to the area by PDO, the area should still be warmer than in the past when heat wasn't transferred by PDO.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    When I see the word "science" used as it's often been used here, I am reminded of terms like "socially responsible" and the kind of people who seize the words and claim them like territory.

But what do I know? I am just an uneducated savage ruled by emotions and a socio-political hive mind, incapable of independently evaluating and discerning the validity of claims and conclusions made by real life scientists.

HARVEYtheDAMNED

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2011
    Is the earth heating up? Yes.

Is it related to our (humanitys) emissions? Probably. Evidence is pointing in that direction, but certainly not conclusive.

Regardless, I believe we should ween our way off of fossil fuels, and into alternative energy sources. Mainly because, you know, finite resources are just that: finite. Basic logic tells me we should make the switch sooner rather than later.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Is the earth heating up? Yes.

Is it related to our (humanitys) emissions? Probably. Evidence is pointing in that direction, but certainly not conclusive.

Regardless, I believe we should ween our way off of fossil fuels, and into alternative energy sources. Mainly because, you know, finite resources are just that: finite. Basic logic tells me we should make the switch sooner rather than later.

My issues are that this has been happening long before industrialization--in both directions with temperatures more extreme than in the present, and that a single volcanic eruption spews more supposed 'greenhouse gasses' into the atmosphere than humans have total in history. In my reckoning, this is like dumping a bucket of water into a flood and getting accused for the total damage done.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    My issues are that this has been happening long before industrialization--in both directions with temperatures more extreme than in the present, and that a single volcanic eruption spews more supposed 'greenhouse gasses' into the atmosphere than humans have total in history. In my reckoning, this is like dumping a bucket of water into a flood and getting accused for the total damage done.

Yeah, I wonder why that fact gets ignored?

Oh yeah, you can't leach cash from a volcano.

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    We are all aware of rising temperatures.There is quite a bit of data that proves temperatures are rising.It can not be denied.It is reality.

If we do not pass climate legislation and a carbon tax we are all DOOMED.
    Human activity is heating the planet and soon the ice caps will melt and weather events will be more extreme.It is all your fault,now pay me some money to fix this!

That is right,Mars is experiencing the hottest summer ever recorded.The carbon Ice caps have been steadily melting since 2002!Those damn rovers!

Global Warming: A Convenient Lie | Global Research

The link is to an article that sheds a little more light on the sun being responsible for global warming.With links to the Mars data,which is warming even faster than the earth.

Should I still want to pay a carbon tax to help prevent all the human caused warming on Mars?

Oh that's great! I was wondering when the punchline would come in! Glad to hear that people are looking at there topics with more of a positive disposition. I came to this site to look into one topic, and I didn't realize that I'd have so very much in common with the gun owners of IN. Lovin it!

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009

Okay, you refuse to read the material presented. Instead, perhaps your theory can explain the following.

Record temperatures in July in Midwest as well as record setting drought conditions. Of course, the cause was la Nina.

More recently, temperatures are so high in Australia at the moment that BoM has had to add new ranges to heat mapping. Of course, the cause is a stall in front movements.

Bureau Of Meteorology Weather Chart | Deep Purple

Your model thus concludes that global warming is occurring. Do you see the problem here?

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Okay, you refuse to read the material presented. Instead, perhaps your theory can explain the following.

Record temperatures in July in Midwest as well as record setting drought conditions. Of course, the cause was la Nina.

More recently, temperatures are so high in Australia at the moment that BoM has had to add new ranges to heat mapping. Of course, the cause is a stall in front movements.

Your model thus concludes that global warming is occurring. Do you see the problem here?

In the global warming world, record heat is caused by global warming, which in turn is caused by man. Record cold is caused by weather patterns.

I don't have a model. You do. And it's inconsistent.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus

Europe shivers while snow hits Sahara desert for first time in 30 years | Metro News

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    In the global warming world, record heat is caused by global warming, which in turn is caused by man. Record cold is caused by weather patterns.

I don't have a model. You do. And it's inconsistent.

Wow. I don't think this discussion need go any further. You didn't even read what I wrote.

Big Ram

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 18, 2013
    Global warming is bs. It's called natural cycles. We are about to be under 10 degrees in January when we are at 70 again for weeks maybe ill believe it

Top Bottom