• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Expect more backpedaling from a few people who painted themselves into corners until the political/financial pendulum swings back the other way. Then you'll see a lot more admitting what they've done, perhaps with some really annoying attempts at justification.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    Some very well founded and experienced climatologists are saying that we are cycling into a two century period of cooling. Cold enough to pose a threat to food production that is needed to support the current population. If they are correct there isn't a thing man can do but enjoy the ride.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    Some very well founded and experienced climatologists are saying that we are cycling into a two century period of cooling. Cold enough to pose a threat to food production that is needed to support the current population. If they are correct there isn't a thing man can do but enjoy the ride.
    Well, we could quit making gas out of food :twocents:

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville

As the proud owner of a Bachelor's in Biology and a Master's in Environmental Science, I never did understand the concern with warming trends when compared to the fallout of cooling trends. Cooling periods are so much more devastating and consequential. We should considered ourselves blessed if we could get a warming period instead of a cooling period. People think energy prices are high now?

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I guess big Al the environments pal will have to return a lot of "Carbon Credits"
    I never understood exactly what that was about but he made a fortune off of fear and a few polar bears taking a swim.

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    88GT nailed it. Overall warming promotes plant and animal abundance. Cooling causes far more negative consequences to plant and animal life. Global Warming believers are nothing more than a cult that believes humans are evil, with the exception of their wise selves of course. Humans are part of the vast and complex natural environment. Deal with it.

So what if a majority of so-called scientists believe that humans are responsible. Are majorities always right? The generations of so-called scientists cooking the data, at their core, want to change the world. I mean that in the same sense as those in the media, politics, or any other endeavor. Since a very young age those "changers of the world" have been fed a steady accounting of human wrongdoing. They are ingrained with a bias against their own species. So they set out to right all the wrongs. If all those climate scientists could not uncover a crisis that must be corrected in their lifetime, how can they achieve the goal of changing the world? Level.eleven puts so much reliance on science as an absolute truth. At a time long long ago, that was probably true. Science was pure. Science was truth. Sadly not the case today. Science has been perverted by bias, politics, thirst for power, and money.

indyjack

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Oct 18, 2012
    88GT nailed it. Overall warming promotes plant and animal abundance. Cooling causes far more negative consequences to plant and animal life. Global Warming believers are nothing more than a cult that believes humans are evil, with the exception of their wise selves of course. Humans are part of the vast and complex natural environment. Deal with it.

So what if a majority of so-called scientists believe that humans are responsible. Are majorities always right? The generations of so-called scientists cooking the data, at their core, want to change the world. I mean that in the same sense as those in the media, politics, or any other endeavor. Since a very young age those "changers of the world" have been fed a steady accounting of human wrongdoing. They are ingrained with a bias against their own species. So they set out to right all the wrongs. If all those climate scientists could not uncover a crisis that must be corrected in their lifetime, how can they achieve the goal of changing the world? Level.eleven puts so much reliance on science as an absolute truth. At a time long long ago, that was probably true. Science was pure. Science was truth. Sadly not the case today. Science has been perverted by bias, politics, thirst for power, and money.

i completely agree. science is the new religion and questioning it is likely to get you burned at the proverbial stake.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

All about the power and money....

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    Ok this is the first time i've seen this thread, The "scientists" in england have ADMITTED there is no warming in the past 16 years. Yet more than a posts on here are saying we have global warming, are the F-ing serious? NASA has predicted a 0-1 degree increase over the next 100 years, YES THERE IS A ZERO IN THAT ESTIMATE. there is no global warming, if you believe it, you are as dumb as the people in the 70's that believed in global cooling, and you are as dumb as al gore, which is very dumb. wow

zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    I had an argument with a liberal crazy guy that literally said "humans are nothing more than a bacterial stain on the great earth that is destroying it with malicious intent." I then said, so why dont you kill yourself and help the earth out? i got no reply after that. these people are brainwashed crazies. but if you have nothing to believe in but MAN, then you will believe anything MAN tells you.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I had an argument with a liberal crazy guy that literally said "humans are nothing more than a bacterial stain on the great earth that is destroying it with malicious intent." I then said, so why dont you kill yourself and help the earth out? i got no reply after that. these people are brainwashed crazies. but if you have nothing to believe in but MAN, then you will believe anything MAN tells you.

That's because they think that since they drive Priuses, make compost piles, and recycle, they're exempt from the bacterial stain classification.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Expect more backpedaling from a few people who painted themselves into corners until the political/financial pendulum swings back the other way. Then you'll see a lot more admitting what they've done, perhaps with some really annoying attempts at justification.

Are you back in the lab? Or, are you still feeding scat-tron sheets into the grading machine? I've missed the last few 1500s so I don't know what you've learned about climatology.

Top Bottom