• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1forguns

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 29, 2011
    I did my part for the planet yrs ago when I took the 3 catalytic converters off my car :D

LMAO regarding this comment. Thanks for the laugh TheRude1

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Again, I must say, read first. It is always the first step. Read what you post.

I did. They make an attempt to toe the global warming line while trying to report a record cold winter in Alaska.

The point is the record cold winter, not that they still try and say "ice caps are still crumbling", while in the very next paragraph, they admit "record ice growth" in the Bearing Sea.

Just goes to show you how dishonest the global warming crowd is and how unwilling they are to follow the data to honest conclusions.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    I did. They make an attempt to toe the global warming line while trying to report a record cold winter in Alaska.

The point is the record cold winter, not that they still try and say "ice caps are still crumbling", while in the very next paragraph, they admit "record ice growth" in the Bearing Sea.

Just goes to show you how dishonest the global warming crowd is and how unwilling they are to follow the data to honest conclusions.

Keep reading...past the headline and first paragraph. You will come to an acronym, PDO.

Pacific decadal oscillation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Primary source.

http://www.benthamscience.com/open/toascj/articles/V006/111TOASCJ.pdf

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Right. You keep making my point for me. Climate change has nothing to do with human activity.

Keep, or should say, start, reading. The PDO is an oscillation not a trend. It cannot create or retain heat but rather it moves heat through a system.

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    The trouble with the Global Warming, Climate Change, Crisis du jour cultists is the number of lies used to support their religion. Purposely skewed data, ignored data, flawed models with unreasonable assumed baselines, and other assorted lies. For how many years have we been told Polar Bears are starving. The truth is the Polar Bear population is thriving and growing. Unfortunately, the truth does not fit their narrative.

Most troubling is the self-appointed exemption from a lifestyle the rest of us are supposed to live. Those predicting disaster the loudest do not walk the walk, only talk the talk. Because they wear ribbons and T-shirts we among the great unwashed masses are supposed to yield to their superior level of caring. No Thanks! I don't wear ribbons and T-shirts as proof of compassion or intellect.

Liberty1911

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    Keep, or should say, start, reading. The PDO is an oscillation not a trend. It cannot create or retain heat but rather it moves heat through a system.

Again, you can't have it both ways. Either climate change is caused by humans or it's not.

I'm just pointing out some news stories that suggest climate change has nothing to do with humans.

mike45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    east central
    That is the most arrogant thing I have ever heard,
    To think that we can accidentally make the world hotter.
    I would wager that if we all spent every thing we had to try and heat up the earth we would be broke and the earth would still be the same temp.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    That is the most arrogant thing I have ever heard,
    To think that we can accidentally make the world hotter.
    I would wager that if we all spent every thing we had to try and heat up the earth we would be broke and the earth would still be the same temp.

I don't know man...... I saw a documentary about how one time the sun
    was going out and we had to fly to the sun with this giant bomb thing to like restart it ...... and it WORKED!! :rockwoot:

That Dr. Crane dude died when the bomb went off. :( He saved us all.

I can't find the exact date this all happened but it must have been after Batman sent him to Arkham asylum.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    The way the global warming folks hold to their faith that man is causing the earth to warm...this subject should be banned from INGO as it seems to be a religion to some.

:laugh:

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Again, you can't have it both ways. Either climate change is caused by humans or it's not.

I'm just pointing out some news stories that suggest climate change has nothing to do with humans.

You haven't linked anything related to climate change. You have linked two articles about weather.

Funny you mention wanting it both ways, because that is exactly what the anti-science extremists have done with PDO. When its warmer its the PDO and not climate change. When it is cooler - aha! Climate change isn't happening. Science has to remind your types every couple decades the difference between weather systems and climate change.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Climate change is a truism.

Its like saying it gets warm in the summer and cold in the winter. Big deal.

Top Bottom