• GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I found his show educational in the first year or so. But it changed this last year--I still enjoy it, but not quite as much. The gloom and doom is quite intense sometimes, but personally, I generally tended to agree with his analysis.

His radio show is much more entertaining. His cohorts temper the gloomy stuff with comic relief. They've had me laughing so hard before, I was probably not driving very safely attm.

I wonder how much Soros had to do with this. If this is a result of his influence, this is bad and leads me to believe Glenn is right about him. I hope as an earlier poster said this is a result of him wanting to do his own thing rather than the spooky dude having this much power.

Last edited:

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Soros has nothing to do with this. This is strictly between Fox and Beck. Beck's cost them money and his ratings are dropping. That's the kiss of death in television. Especially, the money part. Add into that that he's done nothing to help Fox's reputation with his kookery and it's a ticket to splitsville.

Even if Soros had zip to do with it, that's not how it will get spun by media matters.

I stoped watching the show, but still listen to the radio show a couple hours/week. It's been getting tough to listen though. All the giggles between the 3 of them make it tough to take anything seriously.:twocents:

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Could someone at Fox have noticed that Beck's Faith series were completely false and misleading nonsense based on David Barton's extreme misrepresentations of history? Perhaps, but that probably wouldn't have been as important as his dropping ad revenue. Priorities are priorities.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Could someone at Fox have noticed that Beck's Faith series were completely false and misleading nonsense based on David Barton's extreme misrepresentations of history? Perhaps, but that probably wouldn't have been as important as his dropping ad revenue. Priorities are priorities.

Would you kindly point out an example or two? I found that series to be enlightening, but I dont like being hoodwinked. If you have something to refute and that I could research, if appreciate it.

ATOMonkey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Plainfield
    I think it's funny that people don't want to hear about doom and gloom in a doom and gloom time.

Would you like us to just blow sunshine up your skirt until the whole thing just falls apart some day?

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    Would you kindly point out an example or two? I found that series to be enlightening, but I dont like being hoodwinked. If you have something to refute and that I could research, if appreciate it.

Glad to:

1. Congress did not print a Bible for use in schools.
    2. John Adams did not think governments must be administered by the Holy Ghost.
    3. Jefferson did not date his documents "In the Year of Our Lord Christ".
    4. Our Constitution is not based on the Book of Deuteronomy.
    5. More than half the signers of the Declaration of Independence were not ministers.
    6. Thomas Jefferson did not send Christian missionaries to evangelize the Indians.
    7. Benjamin Franklin did not choose to begin a treaty in the name of the trinity.
    8. Thomas Jefferson did not tell the Marine Band to play at church services.
    9. The Danbury Baptists did not write to Thomas Jefferson about the First Amendment, they wrote about religious discrimination by the Connecticut State government.
    10. Thomas Jefferson did not start church services at the Capitol.
    11. Peter Muhlenberg did not rip off his clerical robes to reveal a Revolutionary Army uniform and recruit over three hundred soldiers on the spot from his church's congregation.

Want details? Go to Liars For Jesus and watch Chris Rodda's videos. Read the sample chapters she has online. Get the book and read it. Go back to the source documents and read them in their entirety. I bought and read the book. I looked up the source documents and compared them with her quotes to the extent possible. (Barton has purchased a number of the original documents and made them pretty much unavailable, though copies that predate his purchase are still easy enough to locate.) They matched up perfectly. She showed without a doubt that David Barton, and by extension Mr. Beck, did not speak the truth. Not even close. I eagerly await her second book on the subject. I hope that she can find the time to finish and publish it. I'll buy it the moment I'm aware it's available.

Did you know that Benjamin Franklin did (very uncharacteristically) suggest prayer at the Continental Convention of 1787? He did it to goad the men there into working toward a compromise after a long period of stalemate. "If you can't do it maybe you should ask for God's help" didn't set well with the fairly large egos assembled in Philadelphia. Ol' Ben was quite a character. Several, including Alexander Hamilton, were quite insulted. More info about this can be found in The Great Rehearsal by Carl VanDoren.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Glad to:

1. Congress did not print a Bible for use in schools.
    2. John Adams did not think governments must be administered by the Holy Ghost.
    3. Jefferson did not date his documents "In the Year of Our Lord Christ".
    4. Our Constitution is not based on the Book of Deuteronomy.
    5. More than half the signers of the Declaration of Independence were not ministers.
    6. Thomas Jefferson did not send Christian missionaries to evangelize the Indians.
    7. Benjamin Franklin did not choose to begin a treaty in the name of the trinity.
    8. Thomas Jefferson did not tell the Marine Band to play at church services.
    9. The Danbury Baptists did not write to Thomas Jefferson about the First Amendment, they wrote about religious discrimination by the Connecticut State government.
    10. Thomas Jefferson did not start church services at the Capitol.
    11. Peter Muhlenberg did not rip off his clerical robes to reveal a Revolutionary Army uniform and recruit over three hundred soldiers on the spot from his church's congregation.

Want details? Go to Liars For Jesus and watch Chris Rodda's videos. Read the sample chapters she has online. Get the book and read it. Go back to the source documents and read them in their entirety. I bought and read the book. I looked up the source documents and compared them with her quotes to the extent possible. (Barton has purchased a number of the original documents and made them pretty much unavailable, though copies that predate his purchase are still easy enough to locate.) They matched up perfectly. She showed without a doubt that David Barton, and by extension Mr. Beck, did not speak the truth. Not even close. I eagerly await her second book on the subject. I hope that she can find the time to finish and publish it. I'll buy it the moment I'm aware it's available.

Did you know that Benjamin Franklin did (very uncharacteristically) suggest prayer at the Continental Convention of 1787? He did it to goad the men there into working toward a compromise after a long period of stalemate. "If you can't do it maybe you should ask for God's help" didn't set well with the fairly large egos assembled in Philadelphia. Ol' Ben was quite a character. Several, including Alexander Hamilton, were quite insulted. More info about this can be found in The Great Rehearsal by Carl VanDoren.

I haven't seen Beck's series you're talking about but I think you might be interested in this. It's a series put on by a guy from the Kokomo area named Peter Heck. He has his own radio show and is a school teacher in Greentown.

Peter Heck - Speaker - AFOF

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond

Look up Thaddeus Russel. He gives a a view of the founding fathers that most are not willing to. He actually focuses on their faults. David Barton made them all out to be an angelic host or something.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I always think it is funny when they say someone is lying when all he is doing is playing video of them.

Plinker

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I wonder who will tell the truth now. (I'm old fashioned and was raised to believe that truth is the ONLY way to go.)

Who is going to expose the traitors in "our" government now? :dunno:
    Who is going to expose the terrorists (Enemies, foriegn & domestic) associated with "our" government? :dunno:

We're doomed! :(

You can listen to Alex Jones, kind of one and the same, really. Minus the universalist faith preaching, of course.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010
    Wait... NO MORE GLENN BECK!?!?!??!!?!?!

:runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway: :runaway:

Each Smiley represents 150K viewers. We may have mass panic on our hands gentlemen....

WE MUST replace him to satiate the masses....

I suggest....

charlieandAlexJonesSmiles.jpg

Charlie Sheen and Alex Jones.

That will calm them. Just the right mix of crazy... and....crazy.

Bummer

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I haven't seen Beck's series you're talking about but I think you might be interested in this. It's a series put on by a guy from the Kokomo area named Peter Heck. He has his own radio show and is a school teacher in Greentown.

Peter Heck - Speaker - AFOF

Sorry, Heck's presentations are not available online, so far as I can tell. He wants me to buy his videos. That's not going to happen. Right off the bat I can see several things that just are not really true. If he were to honorably present his material I'd read it. If there was some truth to it, I might order a DVD. Buy it sight unseen? Nope.

Rodda invariably went back and quoted huge chunks of the original documents so that the reader could see the full context of every statement made. Everything is fully documented, with plenty of footnotes. If you're looking for the truth, give her a fair chance.

dom1104

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2010

That is the WEAKEST argument I have ever heard in my life. Really really weak.

I have used the term "Hanging by a thread" at least once in the last week, does that mean I am trying to fulfill a Mormon Prophecy?

garbage. Basing an entire article on a phrase that is in common use? blah.

It might possibly be true, but to base it on a turn of phrase......

MattYagPD01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    FW
    viral

wow....

Bummer is the only one out of four pages that actually took the time to refute the information that beck has purported to be true. Now Bummer and I ... well ... lets just say we have an understanding... we don't see eye to I but we (I respect his anyway) respect each others opinion.

To the Flaming ... nice... this makes entertaining reading ... but honestly ... who has taking the time to actually research the things Beck say's?

MrJarrell's link is full of nothing's. I mean really .... what fact is in that article?

ok .. ok ... so here is your fact:

"Fox and Beck's company, Mercury Radio Arts, said Wednesday they will stay in business creating other projects for Fox television and digital, starting with some documentaries Beck is preparing."

that is about it.... the rest is BS and just written to cause problems.

Bummer:

Thanks. I have not to this date had anyone refute anything that i have read from Mr Beck other then the insults/cut-downs/inflammatory statements he says. I mean Beck could probably get to more people by being less of an A%$HOLE but ... that is who he is and ... it makes me laugh...

sorry ... back to Bummer... I have not seen all of Beck programs and I am working all the time (For myself) so i can't really listen to his radio program, but i don't remember any of the things you have sited as something he has said. Are all of these refutations in this book you want me to read?

MattYagPD01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    FW

Like a said before:

This is just stupid. In this article you have a quote from beck about the FACT that President Obama is destoying the constitution by passing laws (ObamaCare) that are contridictoray to the constitution.... and now he's invoking some prophecy? Really?

Where are the facts in this article?

How is BECK invoking this prophecy?

Or is it another attempt to ignore the facts and smear character instead of reading?

:horse:

Now .. where is my tin foil hat?

M

Top Bottom