• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Finally. After costing Fox millions of dollars in lost advertising revenue they've decided to drop their resident loss leader. Yeah, he's had decent ratings, but in showbiz that should normally translate to dollars. Unfortunately, it was just the opposite with him. He cost them advertisers in that slot. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll replace him with someone worth watching, like Judge Napolitano or Stossel.

Glenn Beck's Fox show dropped - Yahoo! News

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Yeah, it is really great that the Soros' Independent media watchdog group has a big scalp. Now they can move on to silencing other voices that are stirring up the public.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    A different view from Glenn Beck. One that doesn't make a lot of sense either. Transitioning away from his daily show? As opposed to no longer having a daily show on Fox. I'll give him this, he spins a pretty good story.

Garb

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    Richmond
    Yeah, it is really great that the Soros' Independent media watchdog group has a big scalp. Now they can move on to silencing other voices that are stirring up the public.

While I agree that Glenn Beck is stirring up the public, and I agree with a lot of things he says, I think he is particularly misleading on a lot of issues, and I have seen him advocate more government involvement on many issues that I feel are unnecessary. John Stossel is a much better option imo, because he looks at things with common sense, not through some hazy crystal ball littered with chalk boards. He also doesn't flip flop or contradict himself, which Beck manages to do on a regular basis.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    They can take him off and put on Zippy the Monkey for all I care. I don't watch television news.

BBP30

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Brownsburg
    So wait was this just announced today? I was watching one of the Fox shows today @ work and one of the announcers was like "...you almost need to write it on a chalk board....hmm...I think I know where I can get some free ones" and then proceed to giggle. I wondered if GB had been taken off the air.

Kind of funny that they were alluding to it...but I do think the man has some good points.

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    hooray for the fairness doctrine!!!
    look, i think GB is kind of a kook, but i don't like the idea of gorge soros (aka the puppet master) controlling the airwaves.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    hooray for the fairness doctrine!!!
    look, i think GB is kind of a kook, but i don't like the idea of gorge soros (aka the puppet master) controlling the airwaves.
    Soros has nothing to do with this. This is strictly between Fox and Beck. Beck's cost them money and his ratings are dropping. That's the kiss of death in television. Especially, the money part. Add into that that he's done nothing to help Fox's reputation with his kookery and it's a ticket to splitsville.

wrigleycub

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    West side of Indy
    I used to like Glenn Beck, about 10 years ago he was on the radio only. He was normal, didn't cry like a school girl, and had good takes on a lot of things, not just politics. I'm not sure what he is right on, or not, anymore. But, whatever it is, I stopped being able to listen to him about the time he went on CNN. If all his doomsday prophecies are right, I don't want to hear it. If they are just hog wash I still don't want to hear it. Funny though, how his arch rival (olberman) ratings tanked, he got dropped, and Beck is dropped only 2 months later. Maybe they should start a new show together, playing each other. They could prove how two radically opposing thoughts are so radically different they are almost the same! :dunno:

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Soros has nothing to do with this. This is strictly between Fox and Beck. Beck's cost them money and his ratings are dropping. That's the kiss of death in television. Especially, the money part. Add into that that he's done nothing to help Fox's reputation with his kookery and it's a ticket to splitsville.

But in another thread about Beck awhile back people were getting testy when I had mentioned several times how Beck was causing a drop in advertising...this can't be!!! I got called a liberal several times because I'm not a Beck fan and choose not to get my opinions from an alcoholic/coke head (not to mention his flip flopping or his lovely world views). Him costing them money just can't be true (because a few people here said so)!!!!

exelh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    Nashville
    I am a conservative, love O'Rielly, listen to Rush and Greg Garrison, but I just could never bring myself to watch more than five minutes of Glenn Beck. He is a drama queen. I think they should bring Lou Dobbs over, now that he is on Fox Business News, let him get back on the illegal immigration issue.

gunman41mag

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 1, 2011
    SOUTH of YOU
    I am a conservative, love O'Rielly, listen to Rush and Greg Garrison, but I just could never bring myself to watch more than five minutes of Glenn Beck. He is a drama queen. I think they should bring Lou Dobbs over, now that he is on Fox Business News, let him get back on the illegal immigration issue.

I'm going to miss watching the GLENN BECK show:(

flagtag

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Westville, IL
    I wonder who will tell the truth now. (I'm old fashioned and was raised to believe that truth is the ONLY way to go.)

Who is going to expose the traitors in "our" government now? :dunno:
    Who is going to expose the terrorists (Enemies, foriegn & domestic) associated with "our" government? :dunno:

We're doomed! :(

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Glenn is more interesting to watch than Shep, Bret and Greta who just talk about the news... at least he's exposing a lot of what's going on.

I think Alex Jones pegged him a couple of years ago when he was readying a big to-do over the "FEMA camps", then all of a sudden dropped it.

Like him or not, he woke a lot of people up and there is a reason he's 3rd in ratings... and that's with a 5pm time slot.

I do get the feeling the stuff we see from him will be very focused, instead of him having to fill an hour every day.

woundedyak

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 22, 2009
    SouthSide
    I have a buddy who works in broadcasting over in New york. Rumor is, Beck is well respected for having the **edit** to talk about things "you just don't talk about" on TV.
    Supposedly Fox was getting higher rating then all the other 24hr news cycle channel's put together when he first came on. After that, they let him off the leash and he started to get a little kooky. They tried to put the leash back on,but he wanted no part of it and basically went rouge. Long story short, My buddy said he's been trying to put a deal together to start his own Network.

Top Bottom