• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I smart carry and pocket carry (P32) all the time. I forget they are there. I bought (and sold) a nice leather IWB holster, and tried it a few times on the belt. Hated it. I'll likely smart carry and pocket carry forever.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Another position to try that I haven't seen recommended yet is the 1-2 o'clock position. Better known to some as the Appendix Carry position.

It hides pretty well with a slightly loose untucked t-shirt & the acces for draw is second only to OWB.

There's a reason that criminals carry in the front of their pants. The only difference is, I use a holster.

The only drawback is, depending on body style & gun size, it tends to dig into the lower stomach area when sitting for a long time. My 4" XD .40 digs less than my Kel-tec P11.

jstwrit

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    May 11, 2009
    N.E.
    IWB is for me!

I'm new here but I delt with the same thing. I've been carring for about 8mo now and the first few were really tough. I have small kids and bending over to handle them freaked me out. I was always checking to make sure it was covered so knowone would see. After a while I got used to the fact that it was there and only I knew about it. My wife HATES that I carry but usually forgets unless an embrace tips her off. If she doesn't notice nobody else will either.;) Just keep trying and you'll find the spot that fits you best.

Hobie8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 20, 2008
    Lake County
    I've been CCing for a few months now. I carry a Glock 19 in Milt Sparks Summer Special II IWB holster at about 4 o'clock and its actually pretty comfortable. I'm 5'8" and 165 so it prints a little if I have just a t-shirt pulled over it, but any light jacket conceals it well. Might have to buy a G26 LOL. My first few weeks out, I felt like I had a flashing neon sign pointing to my hip. After awhile I forget I have it on. To the guy asking about a belt, a real gun belt is a MUST....it really stabilizes the holster. I bought one from Wilderness products in AZ, and it works great. I used to skydive in my younger days, and I noticed that they make their belts from the same stuff our rig harnesses were made from. They even used the same hardware. They say the belt will hold over 4,000 lbs, so you can carry your gun, and tow a car with it too...LOL.:laugh:

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    I'm new here but I delt with the same thing. I've been carring for about 8mo now and the first few were really tough. I have small kids and bending over to handle them freaked me out. I was always checking to make sure it was covered so knowone would see. After a while I got used to the fact that it was there and only I knew about it. My wife HATES that I carry but usually forgets unless an embrace tips her off. If she doesn't notice nobody else will either.;) Just keep trying and you'll find the spot that fits you best.

My embraces tip women off all the time. :evilangel: :laugh:

erik7941

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 26, 2008
    Noblesville
    I've been CCing for a few months now and I'm 6'5 240lbs so I don't have to hard of a time concealing my CZ 75 in a Fobus holster or my PX4 in a Uncle Mike's holster both OWB holsters. I found that while driving, the 3 o'clock position works best but I always move it to 4 or 5 once I get out. Although as far as the staring thing goes, I OC for the first time yesterday in Fry's electronics store and my friends were saying that everyone was doing a double or a triple take at my waist.

XDs4me

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Most people who carry are paranoid about it and shouldnt be. The general public are oblivious to what is going on around them. If they were more aware of thier surroundings we wouldnt have as much crime(Mmuggings, purse snatching etc.) I have open carried on many occassions carrying an XD in a black holster wearing a dark tee shirt and jeans and never as much as a stare. I have even wallked around at street fairs with nothing wispered or odd looks. I have gotten more dirty looks for wearing my leather motorcycle vest with patches and pins attached and these patches and such represent 911, Our Veterans and The Blue Knights. For those of you not familar with the Blue Knights it is a group of motor cycle enthusiast who are LEO's. It is the general publics perception sometimes wrong and sometimes misunderstood. Open carry or CC dont worry about it it is our right. People should be smart enough to relize that a criminal would not walk around with a gun hanging out for everyone to see.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I've been contemplating starting OC recently. I've been CC since October and have gotten very comfortable with it. I've never been a fan of the attention that can come from OC, but am starting to believe the more OC the better as far as the general public is concerned. Maybe if more of us began to OC once in a while, we would desensitize the uninitiated to the sight of a gun. Every time I hear of a 'man with a gun' call, I think they would happen less frequently if we all OC'd once in a while.

Once you get past the feeling that you are doing something wrong by CC that tends to happen when first carrying, it may be a good idea to OC here and there. Heck, if nothing else, it will get the family used to it. I've only been carrying since last fall and the questions have gone from 'Why do you have that?' to wondering why I don't have it on the few occasions when I don't carry.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom